Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soap&Snatch  (Read 950 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Soap&Snatch
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:14:22 pm »

I was just playing along as usual this evening, when I came across an interesting message:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, I'm guessing he got some soap (which I have yet to make) and cleaned himself, and then kidnapped himself?  Of course, who exactly this happened to, I have no idea, given the fact that no dwarf is mentioned.  All children are accounted for in the meeting hall, so I'm just hoping the incident doesn't repeat.

Edit: Found the problem.  Some goblin snatcher stumbled on a stone fall trap, but didn't pass out or die, so he decided he needed to wash his own blood off rather than kidnap my children.  Very posh chap, this goblin.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:17:10 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
Re: Soap&Snatch
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:29:30 pm »

He's no kobold, that's for sure.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:03:20 am »

That's a pretty odd bug.  I didn't even know the game was capable of making such announcements to the player regarding undiscovered units of another civilization.  I would expect ____ _____, goblin snatcher, cancels kidnap, or something like that even if that did occur.

Weird.  Debug text, maybe?
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:23 am »

I think it's cute that your chef is named Cookie.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 02:49:49 am »

You know, it's funny, but I almost always name my chef "Cookie" too.    :-\
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 02:53:14 am »

You know, it's funny, but I almost always name my chef "Cookie" too.    :-\

You.. too? Hahaha. It's either that, or I give them the profession 'Chef' if they're my brewer/cheese maker/cook. I tend to have good luck making one guy do all three jobs, and end up sitting on piles of 300+ food and 300+ drink.

Back on topic, this does seem like some debug text, how it doesn't give full information.
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 03:09:48 am »

Yeah, OVERWROTE JOB means something went wrong.  This particular one's already in the tracker: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=393