Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 23852 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2019, 02:37:33 am »

Finish this guy off. Keep back and rely on my superior range, but be aggressive. attack the side with the injured arm, since he’s probably using his weaker hand now. scratch that. Try to remove his uninjured hand, then go for the kill. Keep cutting of as many pieces as I need to finish it. 
Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 03:03:14 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2019, 07:54:09 am »

Observe the battle from the air, paying attention to Crabs who are further away from large groupings. Try not to get spotted
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 07:56:44 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2019, 08:46:25 am »

"I hear ya man."
Go into an alley away from anyone else and gather some bottles and make some more molotovs if I have any rubbing alcohol left, then find a fire escape and get to the roof of one of the buildings.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2019, 09:22:51 am »

Seize the advantage and Grab the nearest crab and use him as a meat shield from the other crabs. Make sure to disable the crab I'm grabbing too.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:25:09 am by SuperDino85 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2019, 10:03:35 am »

Annoying

KILL

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2019, 10:44:29 am »

Huh. Well, if you want it in detail, I can give you details, no problem.
If I'm to write anything close to realistic hypnosis... well, this will be long. And not completely realistic, since setting someone up to do this kind of crazy shit realistically would take even longer.
But if one takes my magic ball, the drug suggestion and the slug's apparent suggestibility into account... it's somewhat believable. Conmen have been misusing hypnosis with a pretty similar scheme.

Get the slug a little deeper into hypnosis with a conspiratorial attitude and short suggestions that he listen closely. Pace him by telling him things he already knows and matching the rhythm of my words to periodic changes in his body movements - everyone has something rhythmical in their unconscious movements, even if they don't have lungs to breathe.
Then set up the bait in the form of a "mindblowing cocktail" that's unlike anything he's ever tried.

Once his interest and expectations are set up, implant the suggestion, underlined in the text and stressed vocally, that the slug will be inspired to take a potent inhibition-reducing drug cocktail, made even more potent now that Gershom had set up strong expectations for its effects.
That will open the slug up to the second, main suggestion: cause maximum damage under the cocktail's influence. Kill a high-ranking Crab, cause a gas explosion, go rampaging towards his love interest, the sort of damage that draws cops and firemen to the area no matter how much of a ghetto it is.

If I have the second action and it didn't get used up by the complex suggestion:
After I'm done with the slug, fly to survey the fight from above and find Bob.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:49:58 am by HmH »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2019, 11:36:10 am »

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)

"Alright, solid. Now to just... Get the message out. I mean, just this WILL start a gang war. There needs to be a purpose to it all." he mutters to himself. He exits the alley and acts like a scared innocent near all this combat-chaos, and also try to find a Crab who seems to be taking charge in this fight. A higher-up member.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:44:53 am by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2019, 09:15:35 am »

Finish this guy off. Keep back and rely on my superior range, but be aggressive. attack the side with the injured arm, since he’s probably using his weaker hand now. scratch that. Try to remove his uninjured hand, then go for the kill. Keep cutting of as many pieces as I need to finish it. 
(1) v (2). you both go at it for a while. neither of you get an advantage, and both of you begin to tire and accumulate small wounds. Blood is dripping off your fingers and out of a gash across his chest. It starts to rain.

Observe the battle from the air, paying attention to Crabs who are further away from large groupings. Try not to get spotted

(2) it starts to rain pretty heavily, obscuring your vision and making flying unpleasant.

"I hear ya man."
Go into an alley away from anyone else and gather some bottles and make some more molotovs if I have any rubbing alcohol left, then find a fire escape and get to the roof of one of the buildings.
(4) you find a couple old bottles that still reek of alcohol, then clmb a fire escape to the top of a building. it starts to rain. But hte roof is flat so you aren't in danger of sliding off.

Seize the advantage and Grab the nearest crab and use him as a meat shield from the other crabs. Make sure to disable the crab I'm grabbing too.

(3) you grab a medium sized member of the crowd and swing them in front of you. (1) holding them there is taking all your attention, and they keep clawing your arms and smacking you in the face with their thick tail. You stumble a round a bit.

Annoying

KILL

(5) v (4) you wrench the club from the guy and clobber him hard in the gut. He  lands hard about eight feet away, but bounces up and runs off before you can reach him for another clobbering. he's in bad shape, but he made good his escape, for now. You could probably follow him, but you are unfamiliar with the area. it starts to rain pretty hard.

Huh. Well, if you want it in detail, I can give you details, no problem.
If I'm to write anything close to realistic hypnosis... well, this will be long. And not completely realistic, since setting someone up to do this kind of crazy shit realistically would take even longer.
But if one takes my magic ball, the drug suggestion and the slug's apparent suggestibility into account... it's somewhat believable. Conmen have been misusing hypnosis with a pretty similar scheme.

Get the slug a little deeper into hypnosis with a conspiratorial attitude and short suggestions that he listen closely. Pace him by telling him things he already knows and matching the rhythm of my words to periodic changes in his body movements - everyone has something rhythmical in their unconscious movements, even if they don't have lungs to breathe.
Then set up the bait in the form of a "mindblowing cocktail" that's unlike anything he's ever tried.

Once his interest and expectations are set up, implant the suggestion, underlined in the text and stressed vocally, that the slug will be inspired to take a potent inhibition-reducing drug cocktail, made even more potent now that Gershom had set up strong expectations for its effects.
That will open the slug up to the second, main suggestion: cause maximum damage under the cocktail's influence. Kill a high-ranking Crab, cause a gas explosion, go rampaging towards his love interest, the sort of damage that draws cops and firemen to the area no matter how much of a ghetto it is.

If I have the second action and it didn't get used up by the complex suggestion:
After I'm done with the slug, fly to survey the fight from above and find Bob.

Jesus Anthropomorphic Christ, that is some detailed action. You set the suggestion so deep in this guy's psyche that he'll probably be incarcerated for most of the rest of his life, suffering the occasional psychotic episode and other drug fueled rampages.

(3) you fly off. it starts to rain pretty hard. You find Bob clutching a broken arm but otherwise unmolested.

"Alright, solid. Now to just... Get the message out. I mean, just this WILL start a gang war. There needs to be a purpose to it all." he mutters to himself. He exits the alley and acts like a scared innocent near all this combat-chaos, and also try to find a Crab who seems to be taking charge in this fight. A higher-up member.
(3) The fight seems to be dying down wit hteh rain, and the fact that the forklift seems to have been immobilized and is no longer stepping on everything. You find a Crab and whimper at him. He shoves you into a pothole puddle, splashing an oil rainbowed spray of water and nearly twisting your ankle. He otherwise ignores you for more important issues.

Egan v bird (4) v (2) Octopus manages to hold onto its robo-forklift.

Everyone in the neighborhood suddenly looks left. Not their left, just a general leftward direction. They all look more or less in the same direction, is what I am saying. A moment later, you hear it over the sound of the rain. Sirens.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2019, 09:30:25 am »

Mr. Itch sees to his own injuries before picking up the nearest heavy thing and throwing it through a window.

Because anarchy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:35:00 am by piecewise »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2019, 11:20:50 am »

Try and find my way to a (hopefully empty) building as shelter from the rain

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2019, 11:23:54 am »

If my battle buddy is still around, keep attacking. Move around a lot to take advantage of the vision obscurity.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2019, 01:03:42 pm »

Huh. That was detailed? I trimmed it to the bone, truth be told. Necessities only. No compoundings, almost no redundant triggers...
...Yeah, hypnotizing someone to do something uncharacteristic of them takes a while in real life. You've got to change the context of some future situation into one where they'd do that action of their own free will.

Well, if you don't mind that level of detail, I'll keep putting details into those actions that have a place for it.
If I don't have instant hypnosis spells, I'll have to make do with social engineering - and social engineering doesn't make sense until you describe its nuts and bolts.

Having verified Bob's survival and general mobility, Gershom swayed away from his air-to-orangutan trajectory, rose higher and took another circle above the battle, looking at the numbers and possible Crab reinforcements.
Maybe it was just his lack of experience, but it didn't look very good at the moment. If he and Bob made a quick escape now, and the slithering time bomb Gershom had set up would take its time before enacting a massacre, the cat would assume they hadn't pulled their weight.
And perhaps - perhaps with so many Crabs around, there was someone who actually knew where the drug stashes were...

Spoiler: Detailed action (click to show/hide)

Short summary of the action, for the sake of TL;DR:
Use the Voice of Sauermann and my magic ball's red, Crabbish light to impersonate a high-ranking Crab.
Bluff those Crabs that are currently converging on the area or actively fighting the Wolfhounds into disengaging from the fight and gathering around the buildings where they store drugs, so I can make a swoop over the territory later and see where those are located.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 01:26:07 pm by HmH »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2019, 06:35:15 pm »

Sock this guy over the head with one fist and stomp on his tail with one foot-hand while still using him as a shield

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2019, 08:51:47 am »

"Damn rain ruining my plans."
Throw the bottles I gathered and whatever else is on the roof at the crabs below.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2019, 11:19:21 am »

...f*** the cops.
/Alright/ he thinks. /I might look like a spellcaster but noone knows who I am thanks to my Minor Illusion so I'm just going to RUN./
Dash into the nearest occupied house that I can enter without force. When asked what the hell I'm doing, explain that I'm a spellcaster from out of town, I just got here, evidently in the middle of a gang war, and I don't have a place to wait this out at the moment.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16