Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10822 10823 [10824] 10825 10826 ... 10985

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13346053 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162345 on: March 28, 2023, 12:15:59 pm »

What does the turnip mean?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162346 on: March 28, 2023, 12:33:45 pm »

It’s a swede.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162347 on: March 28, 2023, 01:25:16 pm »

Some call it a rutabaga.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #162348 on: March 28, 2023, 01:45:44 pm »

Some call it....

Tim
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162349 on: March 28, 2023, 02:04:14 pm »

These aren't normal memes, these are... Euromemes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #162350 on: March 28, 2023, 02:39:30 pm »

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162351 on: March 28, 2023, 10:28:40 pm »

Another banned topic on the forums because people literally couldn't stop themselves from fighting.

What is it about certain topics (And I mean that in general, MLP for example, not just as a euphemistic way of talking of the latest one) which are, if we're being honest, comparatively minor, that causes this to keep happening?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • meat that thinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #162352 on: March 28, 2023, 10:30:20 pm »

No idea for the ponies, that was before my time, but I can see how open source volunteer game development could get a little... iffy, socially.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #162353 on: March 28, 2023, 10:35:39 pm »

Which game thread? (My guess is the CDDA thread, again.)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162354 on: March 29, 2023, 12:20:11 am »

Another banned topic on the forums because people literally couldn't stop themselves from fighting.

What is it about certain topics (And I mean that in general, MLP for example, not just as a euphemistic way of talking of the latest one) which are, if we're being honest, comparatively minor, that causes this to keep happening?

People being very passionate and forgetting to take it chill.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162355 on: March 29, 2023, 01:22:46 am »

I still don't get how CDDA can generate so much damn drama, I mean I've thought about joining Github and contributing to the game but every time some massive drama thing happens and keeps me from joining and quite frankly I think I'm better off from not getting involved with that shit.

Does anyone know if it's a permanently banned or temp banned topic, because it seemed it might not be permanent.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162356 on: March 29, 2023, 02:01:24 am »

Pretty sure there have been issues with it before, so Toady might just nip it in the bud if people can’t maintain chill.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162357 on: March 29, 2023, 02:24:08 am »

Makes since, I think they were on their sixth or seventh thread now, not counting the two that were locked before thy started.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162358 on: March 29, 2023, 05:52:46 am »

It's the Internet and a pretty nerdy section of it, are we really Netizens if we don't fight each other over random bullshit like roguelike game development?

I still don't get how CDDA can generate so much damn drama, I mean I've thought about joining Github and contributing to the game but every time some massive drama thing happens and keeps me from joining and quite frankly I think I'm better off from not getting involved with that shit.

Does anyone know if it's a permanently banned or temp banned topic, because it seemed it might not be permanent.
Toady said "for the moment" so it's probably temp banned.

Honestly I don't mind taking a break from the discourse about the game for a few months. Best for everyone's mental health.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 05:55:42 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162359 on: March 29, 2023, 07:21:30 am »

I'm still not sure I understand, even conceptually, how discussions about developing for, or playing, a game can result in such heated conversation.  I mean is it like tabs-vs-spaces fistfights?  Or stuff about the game content?
Pages: 1 ... 10822 10823 [10824] 10825 10826 ... 10985