Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 11)  (Read 2373 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 11)
« on: March 30, 2024, 05:08:55 pm »

We've been invited to the mafia championships again.

The games will happen sometime between April and June. Participants usually have some input as to what time-zone/date works best for them.

Who wants to go?

I nominate Imp. She has the moxy, the stamina and the loquacity to see us through.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 11)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 05:10:49 pm »

omg.  I have no idea what to do, where to sign up, and I'm like on my 15th game ever.  I'd surely shame us all, so many of us already tell me to hush.

But thank you.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 05:12:49 pm »

reads the 'reading commitment' and 'posting commitment' and willpower checks not to laugh

Ooookay.  I can see maybe why you'd suggest me though!  That's... not a lot to me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 05:21:02 pm »

Historically, people we have sent have not enjoyed the speed of the Championship games and high posting requirement, but this plays to your strengths. You could not bring us any shame. As a three-time champion player I can assure you that we have never done particularly well in the games.

Prior champs:

Season 1 - 2014: We weren't invited
Season 2 - 2015: notquitethere
Season 3 - 2016: Teneb - replaced out with notquitethere
Season 4 - 2017: Shakerag
Season 5 - 2018: Tea
Season 6 - 2019: notquitethere
Season 7 - 2020: IcyTea
Season 8 - 2021: ToonyMan
Season 9 - 2022: 4maskwolf
Season 10 - 2023: Vector

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 06:42:43 pm »

Imp, imagine, if you will, like 8-10 other players that post as much or more than you.

It's literally what you are built for.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 07:24:31 pm »

I’d third that, aye.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 10:41:45 pm »

Okay!  I accept if chosen and think I'll be available in general across most of that timeline.

I will likely need to be talked through whatever I need to do to participate, I've looked at mafiascum forum and their rules and generally unfamiliar-ish forum and style, and thought 'too complex or odd for me to try to figure out even where to start.'

nqt, will you guide as needed?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2024, 01:06:39 am »

Fourth vote to Imp!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2024, 08:47:19 am »

Okay!  I accept if chosen and think I'll be available in general across most of that timeline.

I will likely need to be talked through whatever I need to do to participate, I've looked at mafiascum forum and their rules and generally unfamiliar-ish forum and style, and thought 'too complex or odd for me to try to figure out even where to start.'

nqt, will you guide as needed?
You need to make an account on mafiascum and share that info with NQT.  NQT will submit you as the candidate.  When the game starts, you're sent a PM that shows your role (and maybe has some other things you need to do, like access to a Discord, etc.)  You'll need to acknowledge it (there's a button) and then you play.  It looks more complicated than it really is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2024, 01:39:54 pm »

I am more than happy to give any guidance as needed, and I can even act as your second in case you need to withdraw.

Web's right about the process, it's pretty straightforward. I'll let them know now that we have our pick. You will need to create an account on mafia universe, and then when you like you can say hello in the pre-tournament thread, and join their discord (invite here).

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2024, 06:24:36 pm »

Woo!

Been there, done that, I think.  Referenced you as the person who sent me there :D

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2024, 07:51:37 pm »

Hey, guys!

So... the bio stuffs.

Any recommendations or changes?  They suggest make that a community project, hehe.

Here's what I'd say, as is....

Anything you guys would wanna add or change?

NATIONALITY: US
STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2013
HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Bay 12 Forum, brand new as of this championship to MafiaUniverse.

COMMUNITY INFO:
So, Bay 12 Forums is the home of the Dwarf Fortress game; there we are one of the 'other games'.  But DF players, we're known for the quote 'losing is fun' as well as 'for science' (and stuff's usually on fire, that's how we know there's science involved; very dwarfy!).  Dwarf fortress is known for an insane learning curve, and for simulating societal madness and collapse.  ...So, maybe some of us play mafia to relax and chill and have an easier time than when playing DF.

In our community we have been playing a lot of weird and neat mafia game variants!  Various types of bring your own roles, choose your own spheres, and loads of high power games and games with roles designed to offer wish furfullment to the various players asking for them (least, that's how I read what we're doing, and often how my requested roles have been given back to me for playing, thanks everyone hosting in B12!)

BIO:
Hey, so, I've hardly ever played!  I started in 2013, but played about 6 games and stopped in 2014; back again late 2023 and here it is, now!  I've played like 12-15 games total so far.  I really like forum mafia and tend to play pretty intensely when I do play... not so much competitively as 'I'm all in,' it has a lot of my attention.

Compared to what's 'normal' for my community, and what I've been told, I post way too much.  Maybe that'll help me keep up with the activity of the championship!

My fellow players chose to say this about me:

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2024, 07:53:18 pm »

grins

And if none of you say anything to add...

I'll end it with:

"Nothing at all.  They voted for me to go to the championships, and that was it.  Guess my play'll have to speak for itself, they're off being dwarfy or something."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2024, 10:11:42 am »

Bio is looking good. Feel free to add the endorsements:

She has the moxy, the stamina and the loquacity to see us through.
Imp, imagine, if you will, like 8-10 other players that post as much or more than you.

It's literally what you are built for.

Go ahead and have !!FUN!! and watch out for loyalty cascades.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2024, 08:49:59 pm »

"I have seen people hit the post restriction before, but they did it with short posts.  She does not eat, she does not sleep.  She will reply to her own posts.  She will reply to all posts.  She plays on our site with EXTREME post limiters.  I have advised her that she should remove those limiters.  You are all welcome."
Pages: [1] 2