Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 290640 times)

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2009, 12:32:02 am »

Maybe the image of the strawberry is between the two giants, who are fighting to the death over who gets to eat the delicious crimson fruit?
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2009, 05:19:55 am »

This guy strolls right on by the platinum, aluminum, gold..straight for the BRASS. Then he adds insult to injury with the decorations. At least i got an armorsmith out of the deal
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2009, 05:43:51 am »

It was a possession, but it was damn worth it anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2009, 07:08:54 am »

I like the name 'Mirthfulspirals'.

Maybe in a future version of DF a mirthful spiral could be like the opposite of a tantrum spiral, except all your dwarves eventually die laughing.

The Beaul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2009, 10:47:33 am »

I just completed an artifact. I got lucky and had found platinum in the early stages of my fortress. When the total wealth was 60,000 or so, in my second year, my armorer gets a fey mood. So I get this:
"This is a Platinum greaves. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with Platinum. This object menaces with spikes of Platinum. On the item is an image of a dwarf in Platinum" Total worth: 288,000☼. More than 4 times the worth of the rest of my entire fortress combined. I love my platinum pants.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2009, 11:07:09 am »

Is it just me, or are some of the artifacts, especially the clothing ones, a bit really tacky?
Urist cancels place brochure on kiosk: out of thongs.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2009, 06:39:19 pm »

I just completed an artifact. I got lucky and had found platinum in the early stages of my fortress. When the total wealth was 60,000 or so, in my second year, my armorer gets a fey mood. So I get this:
"This is a Platinum greaves. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with Platinum. This object menaces with spikes of Platinum. On the item is an image of a dwarf in Platinum" Total worth: 288,000☼. More than 4 times the worth of the rest of my entire fortress combined. I love my platinum pants.

Same thing that happened with me and my spiffy aluminum sword. Flat out doubled my fortress worth, and now my legendary weaponsmith is pumping out all the trap components I could want.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2009, 07:33:19 pm »

Is it just me, or are some of the artifacts, especially the clothing ones, a bit really tacky?
Urist cancels place brochure on kiosk: out of thongs.

What kind of Brochures peak the intrest of dwarves do you think?

See the great shrooms of Labourloin!

Is your beard unsightly and short? Learn about natural beard enhancement!

Lavish Cat Roasts... What you need to know about where your food comes from.

That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

sace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2009, 08:33:53 pm »

I haven't had many artifacts but I do have a favorite.  It was the first year of my fortress and my Outpost leader was possesed. He goes out and makes an Obsidian Mechanism of all things. The engravers wouldn't carve anything else for ages.
Hmmm, which is more dwarvern fortress, ignoring all the essentials of survival to get a moat of burning death in your first year or having untrained woodcutters leaping into your empty moat every year to go hand to hand with zombie monkeys?

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Mica for it's perfect cleavage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2009, 12:07:50 am »

2nd and 3rd artifacts.

I know why they picked to make the statue...

... It's located right in the middle of the fortress, where pretty much EVERYONE walks. And it's smexi
I never really got that excited over Microcline... Oh wait, THAT blue stuff.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2009, 12:14:35 am »

I haven't had many artifacts but I do have a favorite.  It was the first year of my fortress and my Outpost leader was possesed. He goes out and makes an Obsidian Mechanism of all things. The engravers wouldn't carve anything else for ages.

Leaders get notable things about them engraved, so it was getting engravings both because it was a cool artifact and because the leader had made it.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2009, 09:14:12 pm »

Umoz Likot “The Rampages of Inking”, an Aluminum Crossbow
This is an Aluminum Crossbow.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with Obsidian, decorated with gazelle leather and encircled with bands of Aluminum and Red Spinel.  This object menaces with spikes of Aluminum, warthog leather, turtle shell, and Obsidian.
On the item is an image of Dwarves in Aluminium.  The dwarves are traveling.  The artwork relates to the foundation of Metaldwellers by The Castle of Innocence of the Armored Sacks in the early spring of 251.
On the item is an image of Dobar Letterfern the Dwarf and Dwarves in Red Tourmaline.  Dobar Letterfern is surrounded by the Dwarves.  The artwork relates to the ascension of the Dwarf Dobar Letterfern to the leadership of the Armored Sacks in 1.

Appraised at 246000.

Just made this.
I figure it's going some unholy bastard child of a sniper rifle and a minigun.
And I like the name, too; very appropriate.
I think it may have a red dot sight, too.

Kinda makes me think of Lincoln's Repeater from Fallout III.

What should I do with this?  Who should I give it too?
I mean, eventually my adventurer is going to get ahold of it, but...
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Mystry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2009, 05:18:43 am »

My chain worth 1.5 million dorf-bucks is not pleased at its lack of attention D:

I dare someone to try to come up with a more valuable artefact.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2009, 09:59:17 am »

My chain worth 1.5 million dorf-bucks is not pleased at its lack of attention D:

Alright, now another armorer made a set of legendary adamantine greaves worth 1,800,000.
*cough*
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Omnidum

• Bay Watcher
  • Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2009, 02:15:01 pm »

Alright, now another armorer made a set of legendary adamantine greaves worth 1,800,000.
*cough*

Not to mention Planepacked, the most decorated statue of all time.
this topic is about guys punching themselves in the balls, and nothing else
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 89