Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Unification: The Arena  (Read 4173 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Unification: The Arena
« on: August 20, 2023, 01:54:31 pm »

OOC

The TV drops the trio into what seems like pitch blackness. The occasional quiet cough or rattle of chains accompanies their eyes slowly adjusting to the dim, but present light. The room smells of sweat and despair, splotches of red-tinted stone adding the only relief to the smoke-filled grime of the pit. Malformed humanoid shapes huddle in the corners or over plates of odoriferous gruel. In the distance, the sporadic sounds of jeering laughter or metal parting flesh find their way through the cracked walls and to the ears of these unfortunate souls within, who seem to pay it no mind at all.

One shape down here seems to move with more purpose than others, a few rusted weapons piled up near the small fire that it seemed to claim as its own. Hard vermilion eyes look out from beneath a pair of mismatched purple horns set in a dirty mop of hair in the same color, focused on the still-bleeding gash she is bandaging on her arm. She grips the rag in her teeth as she stretches and tears it with the other, finally wrapping it around her arm only to begin the process anew with the opposite limb.

Nobody here seems to have noticed you yet. Glancing behind, a dingy, cracked mirror seems to have been how you made your way here.

GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Unification: The Arena
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 02:48:17 pm »

Solemn takes a deep breath and does her best to not choke on the musty air down below. She's seen plenty of damp and grim places, but the prison of this place could rank as one of the worst she's been to. She can only assume this is a prison, and remembered details from her trips to a certain desert town made her put two and two together quickly.

Before anyone can notice, she has her fairy companion Selene hide under her coat. She already sticks out like a sore thumb, an extra indicator of her strangeness would only make things worse. She begins moving towards the she most active person, the purple haired one, but stops to check on her companions to see how they fare in this grim environment.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 11:50:08 am »

Tethra for his part seems to have...perhaps "taken well" wasn't the right phrase, rather it was more like he was familiar with places like these. Human trafficking wasn't something that ever stopped, even when slavery became a moral faux pas, and he always relished popping places like this wide open. Going off the sounds outside however he had to think that this wasn't simple servitude that was normally expected, this was almost defintely some form of arena. With a shrug he followed after Solemn, his chains clinking, but perhaps his size and wear would make him fit in better amongst the soon to be fighters.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 08:15:31 am »

Nanonai looks around nervously. Not out of fear, but out of uncertainty. For the first time since coming to the castle, she's seeing timers all around. She desperately wishes Tsuba-nee had come along to help guide her.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 08:07:18 pm »

As the area around resolves, it's made clear that there are bars around their present location. This contextualizes the reaction of the purple girl, who seems to have prepared to stab Solemn and her compatriots now that she's noticed their presence in the enclosed area. A rusted, broken sword rests steadily in her left hand, and a shield in similar shape occupies the right.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2023, 09:42:17 pm »

Tethra raised his hands. Not that he felt particularly threatened but he'd rather not get tetanus and he wasn't quite sure when his last vaccination was. "Woah there, we aren't whoever you think we are." He didn't feel the need to point out that they all were various shades of better prepared for an actual fight given the state of her arms.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 06:26:42 pm »

Solemn lets out a sigh, eyeing the little one's blade warily. There's no reason to be careless, even if she's likely able to scruff this unruly child before she can kill anyone at least.

Anyone who's survived here for longer than a day would be someone to be wary of, rusted tools aside. Or perhaps especially considering the rusted, disease infested weapons passed down from slave to slave until they're little better than scrap.

"Hey there little one. Any chance you want to team up instead of fighting us?"
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 11:59:57 am by GreenKnight »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2023, 06:12:39 am »

Nanonai doesn't see a timer on the girl or either of the others, so she makes no reaction to the brandishing of the battered weapon.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2023, 10:41:33 am »

"Who are you, then?" she demands, her posture not relaxing in the slightest. "And how did you get in here?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2023, 11:49:32 am »

"Not sure if you want to call us friends, exactly, but we're mostly here to hunt down something that shouldn't be here. As for how we got here... Magic?" Solemn says, unsure if this is one of those worlds where magic is treated as an impossibility or not. She does open her coat a bit to let Selene pop up and wave, though it's difficult to see exactly what Selene is with the distance between them.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 12:00:07 pm by GreenKnight »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2023, 12:11:46 pm »

Tethra nodded and added, "I'm Tethra, that's Solemn, and that's Nanonai. We're here to... Well we don't exactly know yet..." He scratched the back of his head as he looked around, before apparently deciding that there wasn't much to give him context for their purpose here and so turned back to the girl. Didn't seem like she'd trust them much no matter what they said but... maybe he could give her a peace offering? And so he reached into a pouch on his belt and retrieved a ziplocked bag with some cookies. Something he carried and kept fresh just in case he met any kids while working. "You hungry?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2023, 05:19:32 pm »

She glances between the bag and Tethra suspiciously. "You eat one first." Her gaze fixes on Solemn again. "Okay, why did you use magic to get into my cell? I am going to defeat the Demon of the Arena, I'm not some hunter."
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2023, 05:35:59 pm »

Tethra shrugged and took one from the bag, before pulling off half (He paused to let her see the middle, a simple sugar cookie but still fairly moist despite where it came from. Must have been decently fresh.) and popping it into his mouth. He returned the cookie to the bag so she had an option she could be fairly sure was safe as he chewed, smiling a little to himself as he enjoyed the treat before once again offering the bag with a hopefully raise of his eyebrows.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2023, 07:10:49 pm »

Another furtive glance between Tethra and the cookies, and they're suddenly in the girl's hands, one of them vanishing into her gullet. She tries to play it off, but this appears to be the single most delicious thing she's ever eaten, and makes a sort of amazed squeak before she steels herself. Her attitude, if the location hadn't somehow already gotten one to the point, seems to be explained in part by the scars across her face, a larger one from over her right eye down to the left and a smaller moving the opposite direction and crossing it. "Alina," she says.
GM of Trespassers V2.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2023, 07:29:18 pm »

Solemn allows the exchange of sweets to happen before voicing her answers to Alina's questions. "We used a teleporting magic. It places us where we need to be to begin finding where the creature is... And if that means we're in here with you, then working with you is probably our best bet to go forward. This is an arena, right? Anything in the rules say we can't join your team?

Solemn takes a moment to flex an arm, giving Alina a reassuring grin. "While I wouldn't call anyone besides Nanonai a god slayer, we're no slouches in a fight. We won't slow you down."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6