Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1846074 times)

PigtailLlama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2014, 11:08:44 am »

If that means that every woman in my fortress will no longer bear a child each year regardless if they want a family or not, I have to say thanks as well. (Especially if they're in the military.)

Izu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2014, 07:20:50 pm »

Happy birthday, Zach!

Quote from: Toady One
Stopped dwarves from breeding like animals, technically speaking

This made my day

I put in a preliminary fix for backspace not working on OSX, but we'll have to see how that turns out.

Thanks so much! It was bugging me for ages!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 07, 2014, 12:08:41 am »

I put in a preliminary fix for backspace not working on OSX, but we'll have to see how that turns out.

Thanks so much! It was bugging me for ages!
Yeah, this.

Scruiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 07, 2014, 01:13:10 am »

I will transfer saves to and from this version (40.06) periodically when I want to have a year of out of wedlock births.  With some self-narration I can build up some pretty interesting stories.  This is also great if I have a dead civ and I want to rebuild it quickly.  No need for those long slow buildups of relationships!
Things I have never done in Dwarf Fortress;

- Won.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 07, 2014, 09:23:05 am »

I hope no one asking for stories anymore for the donations stops you from offering in the future

I mean this in that I like reading, and the fact no one ask for stories after donating makes me worry they will no longer be an option eventually.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 07, 2014, 09:35:14 am »

I hope no one asking for stories anymore for the donations stops you from offering in the future

I mean this in that I like reading, and the fact no one ask for stories after donating makes me worry they will no longer be an option eventually.
Err... where did that come from?

I will transfer saves to and from this version (40.06) periodically when I want to have a year of out of wedlock births.  With some self-narration I can build up some pretty interesting stories.  This is also great if I have a dead civ and I want to rebuild it quickly.  No need for those long slow buildups of relationships!
I have to admit I never really tried it, but I rather doubt that saves are generally backwards-compatible, just forwards-compatible.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2014, 09:53:04 am »

hm? Zavvnao, the story reward is not the same as the threetoe stories, story reward is only a few hundred words. Threetoe just hasn't finished any new large stories in the meantime. Though I'm sure he's flattered by you missing that :)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2014, 11:56:29 am »

Transferring saves to previous versions generally isn't a good idea - any "patches" made to the save when loading it for the first time in a new version (the "Handling compatibility issues..." stage) are one-way, since implementing the reverse procedure wouldn't be possible in already-released versions. Attempting to load a save from a newer version could cause a variety of difficult-to-diagnose problems (or DF could simply refuse to recognize/load them).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:58:30 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2014, 12:30:29 pm »

hm? Zavvnao, the story reward is not the same as the threetoe stories, story reward is only a few hundred words. Threetoe just hasn't finished any new large stories in the meantime. Though I'm sure he's flattered by you missing that :)

okay ^^ I know I missunderstood now then.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2014, 03:48:56 pm »

A crapton of beekeeping bugs just got fixed!
- 0003981: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Farming/Farmer's Workshop] Having multiple active beekeepers causes dwarves with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job to become stuck (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0006368: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Farming/Farmer's Workshop] Crash if bees die in a hive with yet ungathered products. (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0004014: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Cancellation and Suspension] "Dwarf cancels Install Colony in Hive: Could not find Path" drops FPS (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0005726: [Dwarf Mode -- Interface, Announcements: Message Spam] Beehives + burrow = "cancels Install Colony In Hive: Forbidden area" (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0004223: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Farming/Farmer's Workshop] Dwarves don't "split" bee hives, only use wild ones (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0003961: [Dwarf Mode -- Interface, Tasks] Dwarf interrupted during beehive stocking doesn't lose job (Toady One) - resolved.

Scruiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 07, 2014, 04:37:16 pm »

Transferring saves to previous versions generally isn't a good idea - any "patches" made to the save when loading it for the first time in a new version (the "Handling compatibility issues..." stage) are one-way, since implementing the reverse procedure wouldn't be possible in already-released versions. Attempting to load a save from a newer version could cause a variety of difficult-to-diagnose problems (or DF could simply refuse to recognize/load them).
So its a one way transition?  Will, I guess I will enjoy the lack traditional family structure while it lasts...
Things I have never done in Dwarf Fortress;

- Won.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 07, 2014, 04:45:24 pm »

- 0003981: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Farming/Farmer's Workshop] Having multiple active beekeepers causes dwarves with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job to become stuck (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0006368: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Farming/Farmer's Workshop] Crash if bees die in a hive with yet ungathered products. (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0004014: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Cancellation and Suspension] "Dwarf cancels Install Colony in Hive: Could not find Path" drops FPS (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0005726: [Dwarf Mode -- Interface, Announcements: Message Spam] Beehives + burrow = "cancels Install Colony In Hive: Forbidden area" (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0004223: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Farming/Farmer's Workshop] Dwarves don't "split" bee hives, only use wild ones (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0003961: [Dwarf Mode -- Interface, Tasks] Dwarf interrupted during beehive stocking doesn't lose job (Toady One) - resolved.

I like how Toady is fixing bugs in batches, making half broken features become fully (or almost) operational.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 07, 2014, 05:28:15 pm »

Yeah, awesome that beekeeping is at least more functional.

Still waiting on some of the fort mode bugs before getting into it for the new version, mostly the 'can't brew' issue, some of the tree stuff, and maybe the merchant buggyness.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 07, 2014, 06:17:55 pm »

mostly the 'can't brew' issue

We're still waiting on a save that demonstrates an actual bug -- it's not clear whether one exists.  So far, all the cases have actually been a much older quirk.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2014, 07:31:17 pm »

mostly the 'can't brew' issue

We're still waiting on a save that demonstrates an actual bug -- it's not clear whether one exists.  So far, all the cases have actually been a much older quirk.

That and barrels being tied up forever for hauling tasks.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 306