Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1222814 times)

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #4335 on: December 07, 2013, 08:19:45 pm »

Just a little doodle. Poking fun at the combat system a bit.

Eamon Valda

• Bay Watcher
  • Copper Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: December 08, 2013, 02:13:48 am »

Just a little doodle. Poking fun at the combat system a bit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yep, that's about right. Also when you manage to bite several people at once. Quite impressive really, but then again I'd except nothing less from a servant of Armok unless you're playing as a filthy non-dorf
Overseas. Responses erratic.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: December 08, 2013, 02:55:00 am »

Elves are pretty fun, you can bite several animals at once and they won't even react (except sometimes).
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eamon Valda

• Bay Watcher
  • Copper Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: December 08, 2013, 03:12:53 am »

Elves are pretty fun, you can bite several animals at once and they won't even react (except sometimes).

I hadn't tried that. Time for !science!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: December 08, 2013, 08:55:21 am »

Okay, so thank you based-Shook for your wise advice. You are truly touched by Armok (ew).

and

It looks *much better* than it did xbeforex, thanks!
They do look much better.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

vytros

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: December 08, 2013, 11:20:12 am »

I'm kinda new to the game, but here are my (poorly drawn) stories of my adventurers.

At first I tried with the approach of being a peasant, fighting my way up to glory gradually, first starting fights with animals then maybe later I'll duel with demons! - I thought.

Then after several tries at the peasont approach, today I made a new pocket world with plenty of hostility and sites, with 500 years of history where elves have died off (though I gotta give it to them, they survived 9 undead sieges), only one human kingdom is alive, scattered along the shores of the one continent, but two dwarf kingdoms thrive, as our age is called the "Age of the Dwarf". So I made a dwarf adventurer, a Demi-God this time.

So there I was, first mission is to kill some guy named the Mate of the Wicked Troll, pretty scary right? Well, just to be sure, I hired a few bodyguards from a nearby fortress. From my experiences before, bodyguards didn't really help against humanoid enemies before, they died off before I did, so I just wanted some cannon fodder for the troll. I hired 2 mace(wo)men and 1 swords(wo)man. This is how the lair-visit went down.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: December 08, 2013, 11:25:55 am »

I've kind of been lurking for years but recently I've been doodling in paint for something else and I remembered this thread, so I thought I'd share my creations:

and

and

and

So yeah, pardon my French and sorry for predictable paint-esque style, but I hope that they give some enjoyment to someone. More to come, most like...

Also you're all really awesome and I love you all you wonderfully fabulous dwarves

Wait, did you randomly suffocate in the last strip? I don't quite get that one.

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: December 08, 2013, 01:49:03 pm »

He probably got kicked in the chest on his way to the village and had just enough time to get in the house.

Eamon Valda

• Bay Watcher
  • Copper Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: December 08, 2013, 03:00:00 pm »

He probably got kicked in the chest on his way to the village and had just enough time to get in the house.

Pretty much exactly that. I took a few bruising hits and got winded, when I got inside it turns out it was fatally so.

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: December 09, 2013, 04:44:17 am »

I'm sure we've all been here.
Caution: big.
lawlllll
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

besterich27

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: December 15, 2013, 05:04:30 pm »

Modding to play as bronze collossus with infinite strength and accuracy is just awesome.

Due to my "awesome" MS paint skills, I will explain what happened. Umm....

Bronze colossus kicks that farmer human into the upper body or something, is pushed back by the force of the thingimajjiga, hits other guy, they fly together because of the force of the thingimajjiga, hits third guy because of the force of the thingimajjiga, fly into wall, 3 farmers struck down.         

As you may notice I dont remember text well.
Modding in dwarf fortress... so simple, yet so awesome... "Bronze Colossus struck down by Farting Ant".

Vagnard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: December 16, 2013, 12:05:57 pm »

Spoiler: the lady stats (click to show/hide)

What tileset has this font? It looks very good.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: December 16, 2013, 03:02:38 pm »

It's one of Masterwork's tilesets, not sure which one though.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: December 16, 2013, 05:30:42 pm »

Modding to play as bronze collossus with infinite strength and accuracy is just awesome.

Due to my "awesome" MS paint skills, I will explain what happened. Umm....

Bronze colossus kicks that farmer human into the upper body or something, is pushed back by the force of the thingimajjiga, hits other guy, they fly together because of the force of the thingimajjiga, hits third guy because of the force of the thingimajjiga, fly into wall, 3 farmers struck down.         

As you may notice I dont remember text well.

By infinite, you mean absurdly high numbers I assume. Also, I guess you threw something, or punched another guys head off.

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: December 20, 2013, 02:09:47 am »

Favourite adventurer moment:

Upek is a humble, Outsider bat-person, who's had an exciting first day out in the OverWorld: exploring, skipping stones, getting beset by dingoes, sewing their skins into equipment, etc.

But he's getting tired, so is thrilled to find a nice, cosy cave. He heads in, pokes around, and nearly runs straight into a raving, naked human! In a panic, Upek pelts the man with skipping-stones and sharpened dingo bones, and then rams his ancestral spear through its skull. He dumps the body outside and settles in for a comfortable night's rest.

He continues the short way into town the next day, eager to spend the coins he'd found on the cave floor. But having forgot to wash the blood off his spear and clothing, he's forced to admit to his actions. Imagine his surprise at being celebrated as a saviour!

Second day up top, and he's gotten himself a home and a fan club. Could get used to this.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 365