Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Abyss of Traditions: The Holiday Demons  (Read 4928 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Abyss of Traditions: The Holiday Demons
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 12:29:24 pm »

Spoiler: Taranza (click to show/hide)

Sorry to crash this human(oid) party, but I need my Spider-boi. I considered bringing in Sam(from the movie Trick 'r Treat) for some real irony(Holiday Conquering Demons being contested by a Holiday Enforcing Demon), but I figured he was outside the acceptable level of power.

Eh, from what I can tell, Sam's main power is mainly just regenerative immortality, but sure. Taranza is approved!

And thus, we have a party. After I make the next turn of Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality v.1.1, the first post of this game will be made.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2018, 01:42:08 pm »

Eh, from what I can tell, Sam's main power is mainly just regenerative immortality, but sure. Taranza is approved!

And thus, we have a party. After I make the next turn of Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality v.1.1, the first post of this game will be made.
Well that's one part, but there's also possession, raising the dead, manipulating fears, being particularly strong and I'm pretty sure also other stuff I don't really remember right now. Anyway, can't wait!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:44:02 pm by Failbird105 »

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 05:36:41 pm »

Very good. Can't wait to annoy my enemies with Greytider antics. honk

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2018, 09:45:27 am »

Put me on the waitlist, I would've joined but I couldn't think of a good character in time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2018, 06:50:53 pm »

Put me on the waitlist, I would've joined but I couldn't think of a good character in time.

Will do!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 07:50:07 pm »

Day 364: Close to the Beginning
Two Days Until Demonic Presence.

As the white clears from your vision and you regain feeling in your arms and legs, you realize very quickly that you are anywhere but home. Surrounding you are five people also unrecognizable in some way, all in rows in bedrolls on the street.

Yes. The street. You see that the world around you is a grand city of technological and sociological wonder. Flying cars, tall skyscrapers, and things of that nature. The place is a pleasing mix-up of different cultures as people all around come from different lands and creeds, but from the same birth and living the same lives. It seems like a Utopia. But there is a voice in your head, buzzing away yet sounding close to the ear. "Redgren Park on Narava Avenue. You'll know why I summoned you here when you get there, I assure you."

Spoiler: Missions (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 11:08:38 pm »

Miyako upon seeing her surroundings would be suspicious. While the surroundings didn't look anything like where she was worried she might have been taken, they weren't exactly that similar to where she was last with most noticeable things she might recognize, like the skyscrapers, looking...different. And this combined with the plenty of things she only had a vague familiarity with and the fact she saw things that she knew were from fiction of the future or otherwise weren't existing in the world she was from made things seem off to her. The fact she had been taken to a place clearly different to where she use to be was something to be concerned about, especially considering she knew she was probably still being hunted, and the voice telling her to go somewhere without telling her anything didn't help.

First thing is first however, and she would try to stand up before trying to check and see if she had some kind of earpiece on or if they were being communicated with through less mundane means.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 05:22:11 am »

((Waitlist, please.))

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:24:21 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 07:44:12 am »

((Waitlist, please.))

Sure! I can do that for you.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 11:12:14 am »

The spider-like figure lifted off the ground, limply floating. They let off a tired groan. He?She? They were likely one of the two, but their appearance certainly gave no clues.

Whatever the case the spider, Taranza as his friends would know him, shook awake. The voice in his head startling him into sudden awareness.

"Ahh, my lady!?" He squeaked, his high pitched voice no less ambiguous than his appearance. The simple act of being commanded in such a manner bringing up memories that had not left his mind since that day.

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 05:02:41 pm »

Brendan groaned and stood up as he processed what the voice just said to him, holding his head. "Oh god...I knew I shouldn't have chugged that entire bottle of vodka before this..." He rubbed his eyes and looked around, taking note of the other people in a similar state to him, his eyes settling on Taranza. "Whoa, looks like the Xeno-biology experiment escaped again." Raising his hand to his head-piece, he was surprised to find that he didn't have one anymore. "Well shit, how am I gonna get home now?" He stood there, scratching his head and staring at Taranza rather rudely.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 06:12:09 pm »

Strange questline.

Head for the Park.

Hotfire90

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 06:27:48 pm »

Hat Kid took a moment to assess the situation, this isn't her bed, she's not in her ship and there's no way she took part in a sleepover with five random people she never met before, one of them even being a floating spider. And now there was some voice in her head telling her that she was summoned here for some reason and to go somewhere to find out that reason.

Hat Kid donned her trusty hat, heading out to the place to seek answers, get away from those five weirdos and to heed the call for adventure.

Head for the park, hopefully leaving the five weirdos behind.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 08:12:53 pm »

Taranza took in his surroundings, bizarre as they were to him. Tall structures, an abundance of strange flying machines. The last... the only time he had seen something like this was when the world itself was being turned into metal, and the Dreamstalk had to be severed. It was not a reassuring sight to be certain.

The... people? around him though... They didn't help matters in the slightest. Taranza wanted to believe he had found himself among stranger company in the past, but he couldn't. Though he presented an unruffled facade, inside his heart was beating like an engine, and the fact that he subconsciously lowered himself only betrayed his true thoughts. They were giants, each of them standing close to twice his height, and their general appearance was unfamiliar to him. Long, thin limbs and quite lacking in fur or scales or anything else. The sheer height they stood at left Taranza feeling uncomfortably inadequate. Let alone the gaze affixed upon him by one.

There was an exception though. While odd looking, the girl with the large hat at least didn't leave Taranza feeling so... small. Some part of him had wanted to present his regal persona, garner respect from these strange beings. Yet, seeing the one point of familiarity in this experience heading off in a hurry, weaker hearts prevailed, and he drifted upward through the air and off in her direction at speed. Leaving the larger group behind, a squeaking whimper escaped Taranzas lips as he released a breath he did not realize he had been holding. His frantic glances at his surroundings as he went broke any mask of confidence he tried to put forth.

There was somewhere that something wanted him to be. In spite of whatever sense past experiences should have imparted upon him, he was going to go there.

Search for the park/directions to it from above

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2018, 08:38:27 pm »

"What? No!"

Glitch burst to his feet.

"... where the fuck did the Masked Man send me?"

Glitch eyed the other odd people around him.

"So I'm not the only person he trapped? Or is it something else? I've got to find the secret to his Stand..."

"The park, eh? It's probably some kind of trap. But fuckit."

"Hello all of you, I'm Glitch and I'm going to either be your best friend or your worst nightmare. You choose which. For now I'm going to head to that park to find whoever that voice was. Don't try to stop me. Helping me would be nice too, but if you betray me I'll beat your face in. We good?"

To the park!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4