Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 177356 times)

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #840 on: October 05, 2018, 04:23:49 pm »

Been thinking about modifying the human (and possibly other) civilisations, so they're playable. Wondering what the minimum positions necessary would be, so that playing as a human village (or town) would be possible.

I'm thinking that each site would need:
a mayor, to meet with workers and diplomats.
a clerk, to organise work orders, and stock keeping. (possibly also trade ?)
a sheriff, to do law enforcement, (and also be the militia commander, so a town militia can be organised ?)

What other positions would be best to create specifically ? While still allowing the randomly-generated variable positions to be created ?

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 06, 2018, 03:37:55 am »

For the light: you probably want a direct ADD_SYNDROME interaction.

Hmm. Tried a bit but can't get it to work. I'm not sure what arguments or structure ADD_SYNDROME requires.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 06, 2018, 03:54:10 am »

Copy it from some other mod

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #843 on: October 06, 2018, 08:55:44 am »

Vanilla DF interaction that adds a syndrome:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 06, 2018, 10:31:15 am »

Thanks for the help. I didn't want to spend hours copying then pasting tissues/body plans while troubleshooting as well which is why I wanted to use [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER]. If there is anyway to do it quickly please let me know.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:13:05 pm by Etc_Guy »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 06, 2018, 02:15:14 pm »

Been thinking about modifying the human (and possibly other) civilisations, so they're playable. Wondering what the minimum positions necessary would be, so that playing as a human village (or town) would be possible.

I'm thinking that each site would need:
a mayor, to meet with workers and diplomats.
a clerk, to organise work orders, and stock keeping. (possibly also trade ?)
a sheriff, to do law enforcement, (and also be the militia commander, so a town militia can be organised ?)

What other positions would be best to create specifically ? While still allowing the randomly-generated variable positions to be created ?

If you dont want them dying horribly, youll want a doctor for health management. Your doctors wont actually treat the wounded if that role isnt filled. Other than that youve pretty much listed the bare necessities.
You can combine most of it down into the site leader themselves and just treat them like an expedition leader that never needs electing, just choose a new one when they die. Still should probably separate the militia commander, but im curious what the expedition leader as captain of the "hearthpersons" for law enforcement would be like with captains of militia squads underneath them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 06, 2018, 04:30:09 pm »

So, I've been making some custom instruments and got them to show up fine in adventure mode taverns, they can be played and there's music generated for them, but something is bugged in fortress mode, the reaction for assembly takes forever, it seems to never finish even after it's been several times the time needed to build all the components. Since the instruments show up fine, I'm guessing the issue is in the reaction raws, can somebody take a look at them and see if I'm missing anything? I can't for my life guess what's going on.

Spoiler: reaction raw file (click to show/hide)
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 06, 2018, 04:47:43 pm »

Is there any way to prevent certain inorganic materials from appearing as part of world-gen artifacts? I've recently added spellcrafts and some stuff from masterwork to my mod-mess but some of the worldgen artifacts sound pretty cringy, like a "freezing liquid longbow encrusted with mudstone and raised mire". Any advice to suppress stuff like this by changing either the inorganic raws or entity raws?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #848 on: October 06, 2018, 04:53:41 pm »

Expected a " strings:1 "  in your
[REAGENT:body:1:TOOL:A_PSALTERY_BODY:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:strings:TOOL:PSALTERY_STRINGS:NONE:NONE]

Also, do the description lines belong in the crafting reactions?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 06, 2018, 05:05:21 pm »

Is there any way to prevent certain inorganic materials from appearing as part of world-gen artifacts? I've recently added spellcrafts and some stuff from masterwork to my mod-mess but some of the worldgen artifacts sound pretty cringy, like a "freezing liquid longbow encrusted with mudstone and raised mire". Any advice to suppress stuff like this by changing either the inorganic raws or entity raws?

Im fixing the inorganics showing up in rng created forgotten beasts and stuff in the next update for spellcrafts (they just all needed to be listed as "special" which i neglected to do), but the game will still do stuff like making perfect gem artifacts out of mud or using sand as decorations and i dont know what to do about that. It acts like it will just make decorations out of any inorganic.

I also have no idea why it would make a longbow out of freezing liquid, as last i checked that was an inorganic still but not a metal, and not a wood from a tree, so it shouldnt be valid for bows or other weapons any more than sandstone or diamond should be. Thanks for spotting that nd ill double check it doesnt happen in the future. Especially since freezing liquid artifacts would endlessly emenate deadly cold vapors that destroy everything.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:10:39 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 07, 2018, 09:23:00 am »

Expected a " strings:1 "  in your
[REAGENT:body:1:TOOL:A_PSALTERY_BODY:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:strings:TOOL:PSALTERY_STRINGS:NONE:NONE]

Also, do the description lines belong in the crafting reactions?

Oh, thanks! That must be it.

Also yeah, I modelled my instruments after the example ones, and their parts have descriptions that show up in fortress mode menu when crafting them.

I'm still getting the bug when assembling, even after the fix.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 09:35:50 am by Eктωρ »
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 07, 2018, 12:37:42 pm »

Im fixing the inorganics showing up in rng created forgotten beasts and stuff in the next update for spellcrafts (they just all needed to be listed as "special" which i neglected to do), but the game will still do stuff like making perfect gem artifacts out of mud or using sand as decorations and i dont know what to do about that. It acts like it will just make decorations out of any inorganic.

I also have no idea why it would make a longbow out of freezing liquid, as last i checked that was an inorganic still but not a metal, and not a wood from a tree, so it shouldnt be valid for bows or other weapons any more than sandstone or diamond should be. Thanks for spotting that nd ill double check it doesnt happen in the future. Especially since freezing liquid artifacts would endlessly emenate deadly cold vapors that destroy everything.

Oh sorry that was just a made-up example: I don't think that I've seen freezing liquid as the main material for any artifacts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 07, 2018, 06:17:37 pm »

Oh ok, i was starting to panic here because i couldnt figure that one out :v
I make Spellcrafts!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 07, 2018, 09:14:30 pm »

That makes me wonder, if ice is the only "stone" available, will moody dwarves use it for artifacts, and will those artifacts melt?

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 08, 2018, 07:06:30 am »

That makes me wonder, if ice is the only "stone" available, will moody dwarves use it for artifacts, and will those artifacts melt?

Well, artifacts can't be destroyed in vanilla. This is why you see wooden artifacts set on fire and it burns forever. Ice shouldn't be any different so I doubt it'll melt.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 120