Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 106851 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #315 on: July 21, 2014, 07:44:25 pm »

Ok, this is bugging the crap out of me.

Can monolith and pylon line-of-sight cross z-levels or not?
yes, they can.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 21, 2014, 08:54:08 pm »

For pylon powering pylons, its across z levels and through solid objects. For pylons powering skeletons and warlocks powering pylons it can be in any direction but they do actually need a clear line of sight.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #317 on: July 21, 2014, 10:00:28 pm »

For pylon powering pylons, its across z levels and through solid objects. For pylons powering skeletons and warlocks powering pylons it can be in any direction but they do actually need a clear line of sight.
Ehm... wrong. Pylons powering pylons is also line of sight.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 21, 2014, 10:46:53 pm »

Ok, that should make my multilevel necromancer fortress viable then. I'll just channel out some floor and put a floor grate there with the pylon stationed on top of it. That should keep the skeletons in the castle yard from forgetting their daddy and just wandering away.

Skeletons. Yeesh. What a pain they are. Easy to make, but they have to be ... I almost never get them all upgraded before my fort collapses.

Just finished playing a session now where my epic overlord in bloodsteel armor with a half dozen spells fell off the wall and died. He was the last necro left too so now there's a bunch of hungry ghouls and mindless skeletons wandering around down there. Bah.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 22, 2014, 06:43:42 pm »

Alright, a kind of "cheatery" question here ...

I can use spawnunit in DFHACK to create new warlocks, but they aren't members of my civ. They're just "warlock" with no name, no skills, (and no pants). I've had a group of nine of them I spawned and it's been a few years now with them active training (and a civ member to lead them). They're pretty epic warriors at this point, but they still haven't joined my civ. Is there any way to force them to do so, or will they eventually do so on their own, or are they just permanent outsiders?

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 22, 2014, 06:58:59 pm »

Alright, a kind of "cheatery" question here ...

I can use spawnunit in DFHACK to create new warlocks, but they aren't members of my civ. They're just "warlock" with no name, no skills, (and no pants). I've had a group of nine of them I spawned and it's been a few years now with them active training (and a civ member to lead them). They're pretty epic warriors at this point, but they still haven't joined my civ. Is there any way to force them to do so, or will they eventually do so on their own, or are they just permanent outsiders?
if i recall their children will be members,or if they do something major,like create an artifact
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 22, 2014, 07:12:17 pm »

Ehm... wrong. Pylons powering pylons is also line of sight.

Test it. Pylons powering pylons is not line of sight, it goes right through terrain, walls, whatever.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 22, 2014, 07:19:08 pm »

if i recall their children will be members,or if they do something major,like create an artifact

Warlocks breed? I wasn't aware of that. I rarely get enough of them to see a marriage, and usually of the 3 or 4 I get, one is a vampire and he'll kill one of the others. Not good marriage material right there. :)

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 22, 2014, 07:31:02 pm »

As far as I am aware warlocks don't breed. As long as you have at least one living warlock and have been properly emtombing the fallen warlocks you should be able to ressurrect any dead warlock though.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2014, 07:40:13 pm »

As far as I am aware warlocks don't breed. As long as you have at least one living warlock and have been properly emtombing the fallen warlocks you should be able to ressurrect any dead warlock though.

What does properly entombing them entail?

I have a necro altar and a corpse pile right next to it, but I've only ever been able to resurrect them if I can catch them very quickly before they begin to rot.

Does it work even if they are partial skeleton so long as they're in a coffin somewhere on the map?

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 23, 2014, 05:30:36 am »

I am wondering how the "Infuse skeleton with ironbone/bloodsteel/dreadnought" works. Today I was infusing some skellies with ironbone and about 50% of the reactions did not transform (but still consumed the resources). So If anyone could give me some tips how to increase the success rate, I would very much appreciate it before I start infusing the more valuable metals. 100 wasted ironbone is nothing, 100 wasted dreadnaught would be a bit annoying :D

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 23, 2014, 08:15:12 am »

also, how do I get constructed skellies to be nobles? I have infused 10 ironbone skeletons, inscribed them all once in the Inscriptor but of these 10 only 2 can be made nobles. While it is not a problem for me (I only need 1 crypt lord :D ) it seems like something fishy is going on here. Especialy considering that the Ironbone skelly I made a crypt lord before inscrbing the squad cannot be made a crypt lord after the inscription.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 23, 2014, 08:49:48 am »

I am wondering how the "Infuse skeleton with ironbone/bloodsteel/dreadnought" works. Today I was infusing some skellies with ironbone and about 50% of the reactions did not transform (but still consumed the resources). So If anyone could give me some tips how to increase the success rate, I would very much appreciate it before I start infusing the more valuable metals. 100 wasted ironbone is nothing, 100 wasted dreadnaught would be a bit annoying :D

Just bad luck, I think. I have a success rate of about 75% most of the time. Magic (and interactions) can be iffy, you know. :)

On the nobility thing, skeletons are mindless drones. They can be a steward (the guy who stands at the door and takes your hat, I think) or they can be a crypt lord (which is just a sergeant of a group of skeletons), but they can't be a fleshmonger or a keeper of knowledge. Those are high nobility positions within the fort. If you are low on necromancers, you can double up some of the positions. That saves on high end rooms too.

Sometimes it takes awhile before they transition from the blue "Shambling skeleton" to a white name on your person list. I don't know why that is, but it seems to be the differentiator between whether or not they can lead your squad or not.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 23, 2014, 04:02:41 pm »

Sometimes it takes awhile before they transition from the blue "Shambling skeleton" to a white name on your person list.

In the inscriptor, i think there is an reaction(the first) exactly for that reason?

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 23, 2014, 04:10:27 pm »

Sometimes it takes awhile before they transition from the blue "Shambling skeleton" to a white name on your person list.

In the inscriptor, i think there is an reaction(the first) exactly for that reason?

That's what the manual says, but the first reaction on the list (while requiring no reagents) doesn't appear to do anything. I checked the raws and can't determine what it's supposed to do either. My assumption (may not be correct) was that it had been removed and the manual hasn't been updated yet.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57