Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 449054 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #1965 on: April 28, 2018, 03:52:37 pm »

After a hasty retreat to the safehouse, the team is shuttled back to the same bunker they were originally briefed in. There they find a much improved looking Bones, sitting on the desk with a half dozen soldiers standing around him. He's got a cigarette in his mouth and its hard not to notice the fact that he's missing the tips of several of his fingers as he stubs the cigarette out in an ashtray.

"Welcome back" He says, standing as you walk into the room. "I've heard a great deal about your work, most of it second hand through police reports. The good news is that despite the havoc you caused, we were able to keep the truth under wraps. London is no stranger to bombings; writing this off as a failed attempt at one was easy enough. Powers that be say its easier for people to accept german mad bombers in their midst than german spies. The press was extracted intact under the guise of military secrets and, despite the commotion, it seems that all this has only increased the patriotism of the British people. All and all it was a successful mission, if not a tidy one."

Bones closes his eyes and rubs the bridge of his nose.

"If course there is the matter of those civilian casualties, The social unrest, the panic in the streets, the public nudity and the damage to the cafe.  Some...members of the government have also pushed for charges of..."

He pulls a notepad out of his breast pocket and flips a few pages before holding it a bit further from his face to read it.

"Treason, Endangering the commonwealth, Destruction of property, reckless discharge of a firearm, a few counts of murder, stalking, unlawful detainment, kidnapping, impersonation of a government official, forgery..." He pauses a moment, squinting, "Homosexual acts?" he glances up from the list at Bob with a raised eyebrow before shrugging and closing the book. "Basically, you really scuffed the top hats of a few hard-ass bureaucrats and they're waving their unmentionables about to show that this is 'bloody well their territory and they don't need any yanks coming in and mucking everything up.' And so on and so forth. Never mind they're the ones who called us in first."

He straightens up and tucks the notebook away.

"You lot certainly could have handled this better but I'll be damned if I'll let some 4-F, draft dodging, gray haired, cowardly bureaucrat deprive me of even a single man. There are three dead nazis, one prisoner, and a whole load of intel they got out of this and to my mind that is success by any metric."

He motions to the guards and starts walking for the door.

"Come on, we've got places to be. Unless you'd prefer a British cell to my unit?" He smiles a wide, wicked grin.

Next mission possibilities

1. Assault a V-2 launch base in France: Bomb it by plane and then infiltrate the ruins, steal anything of value, destroy any remaining war machinery.
2. Participate in the Battle of Cherbourg, urban combat taking heavily fortified areas
3. Retake  la Londe and la Landel, two 18th century homes and the surrounding countryside in france.

200 GLORY for this mission to all participants
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 04:03:07 pm by piecewise »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • meat that thinks
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1966 on: April 28, 2018, 04:01:37 pm »

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 04:04:19 pm by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: April 28, 2018, 04:05:37 pm »

I vote for 1 and 3
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: April 28, 2018, 10:58:59 pm »

The press was extracted intact under the guise of military secrets
I am the happiest mouse.
But wait :I
"If course there is the matter of those civilian casualties, The social unrest, the panic in the streets, the public nudity and the damage to the cafe.  Some...members of the government have also pushed for charges of..."

He pulls a notepad out of his breast pocket and flips a few pages before holding it a bit further from his face to read it.

"Treason, Endangering the commonwealth, Destruction of property, reckless discharge of a firearm, a few counts of murder
Honestly I will stick to it being the Nazi's fault -.- It's not me who killed them! >_< Nobody knew someone of us killed anyone!
...It would've killed people either way. :'(

Also I forgot homosexuality was seen in the stupid eye as really bluh stuff. Goodness Bob, Bones made it sound like you did more damage than the grenades did.

3. Retake  la Londe and la Landel, two 18th century homes and the surrounding countryside in france.
Scouting and sniper funtime! ...but then 1 means combat and combat commonly means Glory.
Obviously the mission glory rises as the missions progress because this is XCOM because of progression of everything...but I am sad that requisitioned items do not carry over between people if one of us dies. :-\

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:10:01 am by Tiruin »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: April 29, 2018, 01:27:05 am »

1, then 3 if not.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #1970 on: April 29, 2018, 04:10:17 am »

Ed Votes 2.

"Just once, I'd like to go on a mission that doesn't involve exploding. For the novelty. Let's go to Cherbourg."

((1 is too similar to our assault of the secret German base, and 3 has the near guaranteed result of "someone blowing up those 18th c. homes." Though, 3 has the highest likelihood of Weird StuffTM, and 1 seems to have the highest likelihood of LootTM. I just wanna do some urban combat and explodings. But I am good with whichever, really.))

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:50:34 am by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: April 29, 2018, 05:12:47 am »

Voting for 2, and preferably not 3, despite the fact that it's apparently an actual part of history called "Operation Mitten"

Also, before anything else gets stated, I want to buy a magazine of incendiary ammo for the De Lisle--I assume it's the same price as the springfield's incendiary, which costs 15 GLORY--and a risk 3 trench knife which is listed as 60 GLORY.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: April 29, 2018, 09:09:12 am »

Voting for 2, and preferably not 3, despite the fact that it's apparently an actual part of history called "Operation Mitten"

Also, before anything else gets stated, I want to buy a magazine of incendiary ammo for the De Lisle--I assume it's the same price as the springfield's incendiary, which costs 15 GLORY--and a risk 3 trench knife which is listed as 60 GLORY.

Voting 3 because history!
Also how much are stun grenades? I know the timeline and have mentioned it on discord but awaiting GM response--I'm still going to buy 1x of them requisitioned.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: April 29, 2018, 10:13:56 am »

I tentatively say... 2?
Also I will requisition a stiletto knife, a nail, and some wood Also a pistol.
Also Ed/Ozarck can I borrow your tools?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:43:26 pm by Leodanny »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: April 29, 2018, 10:50:20 am »

eeeehhhhhh? My MECHANIC'S tools? But, in this game, they are priceless, one of a kind artifacts!

you know, since the Engineer class is obsolete and all.

Though, I guess PW would probably make mechanic's tools available for a certain amount of GLORY.

anyway, what do you want them for?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: April 29, 2018, 10:52:42 am »

I’ll change my stiletto into another kinda stabby thing

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: April 29, 2018, 01:39:59 pm »

"Ah, you know how it is General, sometimes you gotta scare some people to get them moving. And if that means you gotta give them a bit of the ol' razzle dazzle, well then, that's what's gotta happen." Bob shrugged and smiled, before saluting as the General left.

Voting 2 or 3. 2 works well for Bob's skill set and suppressive fire and the like, and urban combat is always fun, and 3 sounds like a good choice for insanity and good old fashioned weirdness. Gonna wait to requisition stuff till we know what mission we're taking.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:41:46 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: April 29, 2018, 05:12:11 pm »

I'd just like to requisition a knife knoife (60 GLORY).

Other than that, have a votebox:

mission 1 (2): Lupanian, Doomblade
mission 2 (4): Ozarck, syvarris, Leodanny, Strider
mission 3 (4): Lupanian, Tiruin, Doomblade, Strider

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • meat that thinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: April 29, 2018, 06:24:46 pm »

I vote for all three, accomplishing nothing!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #1979 on: April 29, 2018, 06:53:34 pm »

Posting to play on the next mission.

Edit: Also, voting for mission 2
Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
[/list]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 01:34:51 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 228