Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Murder Time!  (Read 5272 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Murder Time!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 01:05:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2024, 02:14:41 am »

Compiled Red team information and standardized the character sheets below, let me know if there's any errors or any tweaking to the sheet formats you'd like.

Red Team:
Spoiler: Duh! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lelia (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2024, 02:59:18 am »

Lengon's compilation of Red team information looks correct to me!

I sure hope we get to cooperate with other teams against NPC evil.

The unknown-for-now team looks capable and worthy to me, and I certainly would appreciate working with them as worthy allies, and not as, well, "game where your job is to kill everything and everyone you see."

So, slow as I am, I extend a hand of alliance and friendship towards these not-yet-knowns.  "Let us take the world and not each other," I offer as a greeting.  "If we want to compete, let's use our skills against common enemies, and show which of us is best indirectly, then celebrate each other after!"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2024, 04:48:10 am »

So just to be clear, the existence of teams implies that "kill everything and everyone you see" is a lie, right? We're not supposed to kill our team mate? We probably shouldn't even consider it and see that as completely off the table, for the sake of good sportsmanship and not being mean to our fellow players?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2024, 12:25:02 pm »

So just to be clear, the existence of teams implies that "kill everything and everyone you see" is a lie, right? We're not supposed to kill our team mate? We probably shouldn't even consider it and see that as completely off the table, for the sake of good sportsmanship and not being mean to our fellow players?

I never lie, even when I am not telling the truth.  Suffice to say, you will be killing other players at some point.  ;D  Don’t think of it as being mean, think of it as competition.  Respawns will be allowed at designated points, but they will carry penalties. 

Compiled Red team information and standardized the character sheets below, let me know if there's any errors or any tweaking to the sheet formats you'd like.

Red Team:
Spoiler: Duh! (click to show/hide)

Looks good to me!

Weapon: Pike

This long, composite hafted weapon has a large, spiked, axe like head.  1d12 damage, -1 to hit, requires two hands, one-in-three chance of knocking people over when they are hit. 

Gadget: Floating book

This leather-bound book has strange runes inscribed in the surface, and a handful of pens tied to the back. 
-Floating: This book can levitate straight up or down according to the owner’s wishes.  It cannot float higher than 300 feet above ground level, cannot lift more than 500 pounds, and cannot move horizontally
-Pages: The book has 4d6 pages, replenished at the start of every mission.  You can tear out as many pages as you wish.  When you write on one of the torn out pages, that writing appears on all other torn out pages, in addition to appearing inside the front cover.  You may give these pages to other people.  Additionally, you may destroy up to six pages.  When you do so, lightning leaps out and attacks a number of people equal to the number of pages you crushed, dealing 1d8 damage.  When you use this function, you suffer -1d to your next action and you cannot use this ability for one turn. 

You are on blue team.

(Squints at trait list.)

Heh.  Yep, your game was a big inspiration, and I’m not above stealing.  :D

Weapon: Ivory Murakumo

This long, curved greatsword has a hilt wrapped with golden leather and an odd, whitish hue.  1d10+1 damage, requires two hands, +1 to the first attack on your next turn after you miss with this weapon.  If you roll a one or a six on the attack roll, it has a 1 in 4 chance of breaking.  If it breaks, you can pull out a 1d4 damage dagger from the hilt.  If it breaks, it is automatically restored at the beginning of the next mission. 

Gadget: Soccer Ball

A one-foot rubber ball covered in black and white polygons.  You may kick this ball at a target, on a hit, it stuns the target for one round and has a one in three chance to knock them down.  Additionally, you may choose to pop the ball, stunning you and everyone within ten feet, and knocking them all down.  Once popped, the ball takes 1d3 turns to restore. 

You are on blue team.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2024, 12:44:17 pm »

I never lie, even when I am not telling the truth.
squints
That there ain't good tactics ter admit ter.
BlackPaladin99: are you scum?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2024, 01:05:34 pm »

... BP is my kinda scum if so.  Huge hint that the first team made was red.  I'm guarding the GM, who is more than welcome to run to the tank!

Man I hope I don't have to fight you guys soon.

I like you, blue team.  Sooner smash a stained glass window than destroy artists like yourselves.

Still, if the GM commands... well.  My first loyalty is there!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2024, 02:03:09 pm »

squints

I'm here, aren't I?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2024, 02:37:01 pm »

Turn 0

Spoiler: Red Team Only (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Multipart Monsters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stamina (click to show/hide)

The blue team's turn is coming a little bit after they update their sheets. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 02:41:16 pm by BlackPaladin99 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2024, 02:57:36 pm »

« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:51:22 pm by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2024, 04:12:13 pm »

Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2024, 04:47:15 pm »

You're on Blue Team. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2024, 05:09:53 pm »

squints

I'm here, aren't I?
See, since you didn't explicitly deny it, my vote stays on you the rest of the day, and I encourage everyone else to put their vote on you and leave it there until you explicitly deny being scum.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2024, 05:19:32 pm »

is this full?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2024, 05:25:25 pm »

Just posting this here so I can edit further once I am home
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6