_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5761117 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12810 on: March 04, 2013, 02:56:20 pm »

Lars looks at Vich, then shakes his head pityingly.  "You are new here, but I am sure you will soon get a chance to see his glory."  He turns away and focuses on his wristpad again.

Message back to AM:

I thank you. I will do that when I come to pick up supplies for this mission.  I will also take you up on your offer of gun repair, and I will be getting a Mk II suit.

"Anything really, I just want to be able to talk and fit through doors and be an unstoppable death machine of course."

((Pandora's Box))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12811 on: March 04, 2013, 03:00:17 pm »

Gorat shakes his head.

"Whoa, did I just snarl at you? Sorry, please do change the channel. I think it's a bad influence on me."

Did one of you do that? If so, just go digging through my memories of May and Faith. Okay, maybe don't dig too deep about May.

Apologize. And scold, if necessary.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: March 04, 2013, 03:06:05 pm »

>Try looking for an option on the exoskeleton such as, say, a mode for enhancing movements by amplifying the movement impulses fed to the exoskeleton. An "exaggerated movement mode", if you will. If one is found, gauge its usefulness for running. Assess other drawbacks.

>Also, see about adding an extendability option for the shin, also telescopic. Give it the ability to function with three dials - one for each leg and a larger master dial - that need to be activated from within the suit.

>Assess costs for whole thing - individually for just the leg exoskeleton, the leg exoskeleton plus diamond-tipped claws, the leg exoskeleton plus diamond-tipped claws and extendable legs.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12813 on: March 04, 2013, 03:06:53 pm »

"Never knew I could sing..."
Jack shakes his head "Anyway, what is everyone's opinion on doing this mission.."

ask question then have a maintanince check of all gear.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:19:04 pm by Tavik Toth »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: March 04, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »

"Whoa, did I just snarl at you? Sorry, please do change the channel. I think it's a bad influence on me."

"Don't worry about it, I find the breast jiggling has some kind of effect on our more primitive brain functions. They really know how to captivate an audience, I think it's the camera angles-" "Nah, it's subliminal messages" "-or Subliminal messages, as the voice in my he- *cough* as I think. Still, I think six hours is enough of this"

Change the channel to the news channel

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12815 on: March 04, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »

((Predatorial rocks. Fear them for their inimical strains of xeno lifeforms! Microbes top the food chain!

That really got me XD))

Quote from: Feyri's notes
> A steel weapon generates sparks when hit enough against another material of supposedly metallic composition - generally, copper.
> Dents and fractures do not begin at the point of fracture, the tip, but at the weakest point in the sword. The foible.
> Any blocking material such as a shield does no good against static targets; targets which do not move, unless the target is apparently made of static electricity, or has some sort of radioactive characteristic...Or exudes something not seen. Then in that case, I've blocked 73% of their probable damage.

Granted, I should've checked if there was any living matter in the area...

Feyri exited the VR and, after quick greeting with Jim, moved towards the Armory, inquiring from the Armory Master if her shield could be replaced by something of equal or better value which also works as a shield.

Ask whether the conventional stun grenades presented in the armory are effective against most alien species which is known to be malevolent towards human life - in general.

And then ask whether an MK suit could be made insulated against electricity, or upgraded with a device which clears the body inside it from microbes which aren't native to the body (ie: obviously viral pathogens), and its cost.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: March 04, 2013, 03:13:17 pm »

Go to armory master. Ask for pizza ingredients.

Head to kitchen and make pizza.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: March 04, 2013, 03:15:25 pm »

((Cog: I've said I didn't have time to polish it. No need to berate me. Give me a couple weeks to develop a habit.))

"I was the one screaming. Sorry. And I'm not going to hurt anybody. The man said that Steve is a god because he can fly through space and has absolute control over us. Which is pretty much every single HMRC ship as far as I know, not to mention that every single spaceship wetware can navigate through space, and can probably figure out how to use the shock implants. I think you can figure out yourself how ridiculous it is, and I have a bad tendency to get really loud during arguments."

To Lars: "Umm... Nevermind" Vich heavily signed and turned away from Lars. He wouldn't get anywhere screaming. At least not screaming about this.

Vich noticed how Mesk sliced his arm, and would have probably typed something here, but responding and roleplaying every crazy character interaction that is common in HMRC but is crazy and strange for him would take a very long time to type. Let's just leave it at that.

Send message to AM:
Hello. Is it possible to buy Sub-Skeleton Model A "Hope" for 3 tokens? Schematics included here: Just go to Nik's sig. This link is broken.

Also, does the Armory have any bicycles for sale? If yes, what models do you have and how much do they cost?

((Hah! I figured out how to do stuff while locked down.

Toaster: The link was meant to be broken. It was meant to symbolize me putting a file on my wristpad, and I absentmindedly used a link as that representation. Didn't think of using it as an actual link. I suppose I could put an actual link in there... Gah. Made it more obvious.))
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:57:13 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: March 04, 2013, 03:25:06 pm »

"Don't worry about it, I find the breast jiggling has some kind of effect on our more primitive brain functions. They really know how to captivate an audience, I think it's the camera angles-" "Nah, it's subliminal messages" "-or Subliminal messages, as the voice in my he- *cough* as I think. Still, I think six hours is enough of this"

Change the channel to the news channel
Gorat kind of looks surprised at the mention of voices in the other man's head, even if he stopped from fully admitting to it. Had there been another of those flasks around, or was it just a spleen? Then Gorat shrugs and watches whatever channel the other man finds.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: March 04, 2013, 03:39:24 pm »

"So who is going on the long mission?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12820 on: March 04, 2013, 03:44:09 pm »

Hello. Is it possible to buy Sub-Skeleton Model A "Hope" for 3 tokens? Schematics included here: File

((Your link's broken.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: March 04, 2013, 03:46:26 pm »

((Then suddenly, there were fifteen.
HOWEVER, currently it seems we only have 1 medic (mesk), and quite frankly, this seems like not enough for this mission, mesk's excellent doctoring notwithstanding. So, is there anyone else in this roster that is a medic too? Or alternatively, is there any other medic (With at least +1 to rolls) even available for this mission? If not, we'll just have to make do, but we'll need to be very careful not to lose him; lest we wind up without a doctor for a year.

If there is no other medic available, this will be our unit list. I'll wait until tomorrow evening to give the final list, if PW is ok with that. If he isn't, then these shall be your valiant explorers.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: March 04, 2013, 03:53:06 pm »

"Okay, good enough for a first take." Anton thinks out loud as usual, testing the program's behavior on nearby tables, chairs, and teammates. "Now let's expand it, hm?"

Save a backup of the optical tracker program, and start expanding it. In addition to tracking a selected target, make it track the entire image, measuring relative distances to observed objects through parallax shift detection. With a single feed, this obviously only works while the camera is moving, and likely does nothing to gauge actual distance, but helps with detecting approaching obstacles.
((Intended use: Scout Eye and drone software for collision avoidance))

((@Radio_Controlled: Well, asking Faith to enlist could be worth a shot. Even without her mutant band-aid powers, she's still technically a medic.))
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:17:55 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: March 04, 2013, 03:59:13 pm »

Quote from: To Armory Master
Yeah, I'm getting a magazine for it. Mine's almost dry.
Milno just sends the short message and stays on the sofa, waiting for the next time he has to enter action. Without much to do, his mind wanders back to the time he was still bound to the dirt and soil of his homeland. But it is also awfully boring - the life of a farming community seems less interesting the more he recalls about it.

He can't help but wonder if his uncle has also been captured and is now in the HMRC. Maybe in this same ship, and he may have already been freed from stasis before Milno was and died before it was his nephew's tim. Alternatively, he may have done it past the ten missions, you never know.

Send message, check VR for the past missions (generic way of being allowed to use knowledge from other missions without meta).

((@Long Mission: And now that Faith lost her body, no one will feel needy and try to grope her.))
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:01:38 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: March 04, 2013, 04:05:01 pm »

((Only the Kickboxing Doctor as a medic?  Oh dear.))

((@Long Mission: And now that Faith lost her body, no one will feel needy and try to grope her.))

((A couple of synthflesh breasts will sort that right out.))
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 2101