Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 168007 times)

blazing glory

Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Rise of the Ladlemonger: Revengeance
« Reply #570 on: April 05, 2016, 07:27:49 am »

Slip the Chestplate on, it's better then nothing and shouldn't be too hard to move in.

((Can I cast multiple "spell chains" in the same turn if I have enough points? It doesn't really seem mentioned anywhere.))

"Now we're talking."

22 d0, COMP 6.

f1, COMP 2
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 07:32:04 pm by blazing glory »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 05, 2016, 08:50:40 am »

James was silent for a moment, as he processed what he just saw.

"AHA! They regenerate from their heads!"

James pulls forth his bound fire axe and uses it to smash one of the wolves' heads in.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 05, 2016, 09:49:20 am »

((Yeah! The Ladlemonger prevailed over the one (okay, it was a copy, but that's not important.) that gave him his first death! Also, giving my new weapon the name 'Caladlebolg' is both hilarious and awesome. Too bad that I didn't get to keep DIRUS. There's just one thing that is missing - where's my VICTORY ACHIEVED, dammit!?))

"Looks like I'm the Ladlemonger for good. It's quite amazing what a simple joke can turn into, right? Not that I'm complaining. Well then, I guess I should start getting into character."

The Ladlemonger takes a quick look at the brochures, before coming to a decision.

"We shall help the NEE and System League soldiers on the 4th floor, Jus. If we get lucky, we might end up coming in contact with that AI you mentioned a while ago too."

"Actually, no. Nevermind that. I have a weird feeling that something or someone is calling me. If I were to explain this feeling, I'd say it's grossly incandescent."

+5 to COMP, +3 to UTAR, +2 to MDEF.

Psychiatrist's Psychoses Broken Heaven it is. Will myself there. Before that though - try "12 84". If it's armor and doesn't look like it might kill me, try putting it on. If it's not armor and is interesting in some other way, take it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:06:59 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 05, 2016, 02:56:42 pm »

"Oh? Do tell. Does it involve me dying? Because I got this nice stuff I would like to keep."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 05, 2016, 06:34:37 pm »

((Can I cast multiple "spell chains" in the same turn if I have enough points? It doesn't really seem mentioned anywhere.))
((Original ruling was that you can only cast two and must distribute your pool between them. But on second thought, it should be fine to cast any number of spell chains so long as you distribute at least one point of pool to each chain. So if you still want to, just edit in your COMP pool allocation for each chain.))

((Yeah! The Ladlemonger prevailed over the one (okay, it was a copy, but that's not important.) that gave him his first death! Also, giving my new weapon the name 'Caladlebolg' is both hilarious and awesome. Too bad that I didn't get to keep DIRUS. There's just one thing that is missing - where's my VICTORY ACHIEVED, dammit!?))
((Damn it. I knew I forgot something! >__<))

"Oh? Do tell. Does it involve me dying? Because I got this nice stuff I would like to keep."
"Nope! Unless the nice folks near your frame shoot you~"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

blazing glory

« Reply #575 on: April 05, 2016, 07:30:16 pm »

((Original ruling was that you can only cast two and must distribute your pool between them. But on second thought, it should be fine to cast any number of spell chains so long as you distribute at least one point of pool to each chain. So if you still want to, just edit in your COMP pool allocation for each chain.))
((Aw yeah, that'll make some focused testing go faster and thus be less obnoxious.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 05, 2016, 11:44:56 pm »

"I certainly hope they don't. Well, fill me in with details!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 06, 2016, 03:37:05 am »

((I appreciate the reminder, Empi, but I've only got one die in SDEF, don't know that it would help. Also, Hawk, you sure you don't want to join me in Broken Heaven? We could be Sword Bros.))

"Jus, you know any shortcuts? Or a quick escape route? You know, just in case."

Cut through the office building and continue advancing further in, cutting through buildings if it will cut down on resistance from the storm. Reload the ALCYONE on the way, and put a round into those hooded raindrop guys if I see any. Fucking hate spotters. How much further?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 06, 2016, 06:57:06 am »

"I certainly hope they don't. Well, fill me in with details!"
"You only need to look for it to get there, it's one of those stupid kind of things."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 06, 2016, 07:26:57 am »

"Seriously? So if I just... Does it stop working if I think about why it shouldn't work like that?"

Let's halt analytic thinking and look for my LATRANS-whetever-mecha. Avoid getting shot.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 06, 2016, 09:08:36 am »

((Also, Hawk, you sure you don't want to join me in Broken Heaven? We could be Sword Bros.))
((A chance at getting a very powerful AI or jolly cooperation? It's a pretty easy choice. Action edited.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 08, 2016, 08:40:01 am »

"Seriously? So if I just... Does it stop working if I think about why it shouldn't work like that?"

Let's halt analytic thinking and look for my LATRANS-whetever-mecha. Avoid getting shot.
What happens next is a bit of a blur, you look around and find yourself in an odd cathedral and when you look around again, you find yourself entering a hallway. Engineers jostle past a patrolling group of bored-looking soldiers amidst distant yells and the whirring of actuators. You're back in MRM03, in the Flight Systems corridor, and it looks like they're about to notice you. Still, you haven't gotten shot just yet, so that's a plus.
"This only works when you aren't in danger, and only for certain POIs. It's like a tourist's guide to all the best places to horribly die~"

((Hawk: Corsair has now edited in your "YOU DEFEATED" message.))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:41:35 am by Empiricist »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 08, 2016, 10:07:11 am »

((Hawk: Corsair has now edited in your "YOU DEFEATED" message.))
((Woo! That makes my victory about 10x better.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 08, 2016, 11:29:44 am »

"Whoah! Cool trick! Will I discover any other equally cool tricks later on?"

Right, I'm on familiar ground and I'm here on purpose. So let's go looking where my LATRANS is. Two possibilities: 1) They got it back to the assembly. 2) They left it where I died. Let's explore the options in presented order. Actually, go to my lockers first and get proper uniform. Borrowed clothes aren't best clothes.
Be relaxed and act cooperatively if soldiers want something from me.
Old sigs.
Games.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 09, 2016, 12:42:45 am »

Also, giving my new weapon the name 'Caladlebolg' is both hilarious and awesome.
((Credits go to IamanElfCollaborator for the name.))
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 69