Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 73508 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 3, Alien overlords
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2016, 03:18:37 pm »

Just to make it clear: we can have multiple people in same role.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2016, 03:22:23 pm »

((Recon.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2016, 03:46:54 pm »

(In. Can I be medic with a sidearm?)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:09:36 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2016, 07:31:48 pm »

Grenadier, if it's not too late.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2016, 05:42:53 am »

Grenadier, if it's not too late.
It is too late for this particular test round. No reinforcements.

"ATTENTION!" Yells a sergeant from doorway and you snap into attention. General Miyamoto enters into the room, hauling his obese body along. General Fatass, as he's informally known within ranks (never say that when he's in same building). He's not known for his physical prowress as much as for his mind and wealth.

"At ease, soldiers." general says and falls on the chair by presenter's table. You follow his example, but unlike his, your seat doesn't complain about your weight.

"Ever since our glorious alien overlords took over, we have had problems with insurgents and terrorists trying to shake the new world order. This time this one group really took a step too far and stole some alien tech. Now, our overlords want it back and the retrieval task falls to us."
Satellite image of a small city is reflected on the large screen. "This is where you will go. According to our intel the "resistance" has the tech hidden somewhere in this city. Find it, and recover it."
Now face of a mexican looking guy takes over the screen, sporting a big fat moustache and brown beret. "This guy is Che Mario, high ranking member of the resistance movement. Capture him alive if it is reasonable. Otherwise retrieve his body, preferrably with face intact. We also have a mole there, so you would do good to avoid killing him. The problem with him is that we don't know his new face and we don't have way to contact him."

"Now then, your equipment. We will load you with combat ready prototypes. These are based on technology granted to us by our glorious insect overlords."
The screen shows now a gray lightly armored bodysuit, symmetrically dotted with lighter spots. "This is a stealth suit. When staying still it makes you effectively invisible to naked eye. Faster you move, less effective it is. The helmet also provides a peek into future, quantified into series of numbers. This predictive technology is highly experimental, even by standards of the alien overlords. It lets you have an idea how well your progress goes. Apparently it also permits you to change your odds, but that part is even more unreliable than the base system. Be careful with it. Next is weapons:"

A pistol appears on the screen. It is black, its barrel is rather bulky and decorated with thin pipes. Two ridges protrude diagonally from barrel and run along it. "Don't let unfinished appearance fool you, this is completely waterproof and useable underwater, though it is not recommended. This weapon represents new line of armanent. It doesn't shoot projectiles in any conventional sense, but it makes whatever you point it at explode. So take care where you are pointing with it. Range is limited and it makes lots of noise, all thanks to our overlords not posessing ears. Codename Whisperling will receive brand new silenced version of this weapon."

Next on the screen appears a larger version of the pistol with longer and even bulkier barrel. "Automatic version, designed to replace traditional assault rifles. Bigger explosions, longer range, faster firerate, faster shot regeneration... Oh yes, these things use internal generator of some sort to generate its equivalent of ammo. Codename Salsacookies is only one to get one of these bad boys."

The sceen changes again to show a gun with even longer barrel. This one has whole series of those diagonal barrel ridges that other versions features, not only on top side, but also on bottom side, giving it appearance of X when looked at from wrong end of the barrel. "Very long range sniper rifle. Explosions this causes are on par with assault version, but effective range is easily over seven kilometers. And the best part? No bullet drop, no wind effect. Straight line from the barrel to the goal. With this gun it comes clear that while this weapon technology doesn't seem to fire projectiles, it apparently still does. Longer the range, longer until explosion happens. This is offset with tracking feature, letting the "bullet" home into the target. It doesn't bend behind a corner, but random movement in open area won't be a problem. This item goes for codename crazyabe. Don't go crazy with it."

"Next piece of tech is cybernetic enhancements. This is particular interest to codename Whisperling. The one system we have ready is leg enhancements. This tech lets you run hundred meters under four seconds and play Hulk by letting you jump easily some 10 meters up into air. Also nice for theatrical effects when kicking doors down, or for any time you need to kick something. Guaranteed to bend steel bars and shatter concrete."

"Last part is your delivery method. Teleportation. A borrowed device which should get you into the city, assuming the rebels have not managed to activate the stolen tech."

"To summarize it, your task in order of priority is: Recover stolen alien device, recover Che Mario alive if possible, recover our mole, eliminate resistance. If you have any questions, now is the time to ask."

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2016, 11:41:55 am »

(The weapons reminds me of Gantz, funny)

"SIR YES SIR !" shouts the -insert rank- Scalphell.

He jumps into the teleportation device with erratic movements, ready to get TELEPORTED BBY.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2016, 11:44:25 am »

Admire my new gun, then head on to the teleporter
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2016, 01:52:23 pm »

Get to the teleporter. No sense in waiting around.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2016, 02:43:42 pm »

Lets go, Don't have no time to lose when it comes to killin people...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2016, 02:59:52 pm »

Lets go, Don't have no time to lose when it comes to killin people...
Get to the teleporter. No sense in waiting around.
I suppose so. Lets roll.

Admire my new gun, then head on to the teleporter
Sexiest gun you have seen in a while!

(The weapons reminds me of Gantz, funny)

"SIR YES SIR !" shouts the -insert rank- Scalphell.

He jumps into the teleportation device with erratic movements, ready to get TELEPORTED BBY.

Nonsense. Your completely baseless accusations hurt me!  :o It's all in your head! Coincidence! I swear!  :-X

"Based on old satellite images and intel we have chosen closed machine tooling store for your insertion spot. It has large open rooms, small closed rooms and sturdy walls. A decent base of operations until you can find a better one. The teleporter should take you directly on its rooftop."

So you bunch get your stuff and walk to the teleporter, or walz as it may be in case of some people. For teleporter success rate I take rolls from everybody, since it is kind of team activity. 3, 3, 2, 6 and 3. 3 is most common number, avarage being 3.4. It rounds back down to 3. Hmm, that's kinda annoying roll; not exactly failure, but not exactly success either...

3. You find yourself standing on patch grass, not on rooftop as general promised. On your west is a hospital building. On north is a road going east-west and other side a industrial looking building. Not the one you were promised. A little bit to east is an intersection where a road branches south to hospital's parking area and bus stop. Further on east, on other side of the small road, trees cut off your view to that direction. On south the grassy park area continues until it meets with another hospital building. Behind that towers a construction crane.

The city seems quiet, but it isn't a complete ghost city. There are sounds of activity, but far apart and weak. You all activate the invisibility mode and point your guns around threateningly in case someone can see you.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2016, 03:02:40 pm »

>Look for hostiles
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2016, 03:08:22 pm »

Head toward the Industrial building, shouting "AAY ! HERE WE COME BBY !"

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2016, 03:37:54 pm »

Run around and scout the place out. Maybe try and find an abandoned house or something for use as a base?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2016, 03:45:26 pm »

Continue admiring my gun, and follow Nakeen
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2016, 04:02:34 pm »

move quickly to the target location. Engage and incapacitate the first hostile that I spot with melee so as to keep quiet and get a prisoner..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33