Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 73511 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 3, Alien overlords
« Reply #270 on: February 27, 2016, 02:22:04 pm »

That seems rather anticlimactic. expecially since I was the only one focused on the objective. everyone else is doing their own thing, and I did not even get a chance to fight back.
Now what's the lesson here? Don't focus on the objective. Be crazy and murder with wanton glee. And really, two one's in row is killer combination. Or three, as was the case.

E: As a result of that one from outside of queue, all rolls up to your 5 were reduced by one.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2016, 02:26:27 pm »

That seems rather anticlimactic. expecially since I was the only one focused on the objective. everyone else is doing their own thing, and I did not even get a chance to fight back.
Now what's the lesson here? Don't focus on the objective. Be crazy and murder with wanton glee. And really, two one's in row is killer combination. Or three, as was the case.

E: As a result of that one from outside of queue, all rolls up to your 5 were reduced by one.
I do not agree with this. That was not in the rules anywhere, and frankly means that if ANYONE tries a random pick and fails, they're dead. I could understand it instead using the 1 as the roll, and removing the number chosen, but what you're doing is hardly fair. I DEMAND MY 2 BE USED!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test
« Reply #272 on: February 27, 2016, 02:36:00 pm »

I followed this RTD really closely. Even though I didn't participate directly, I think it was overall a great experience.

On "Free Picks" :
Free Picks are a good mechanism and you got the right idea concerning them. They need to be risky to stay balanced.

Did you consider making the success of Free Picks depend of a dice roll outside of the queue ? It could work like this :
[1] : Critical Failure, dice is pissed, take the normal pick-1 (or normal pick become a 1 and you have to take it ?)
[2] : Failure, take your normal pick
[3] : Partial success, action is rolled on FreePick-1
[4] : Success
[5] : Great Success, FreePick+1 and can't do a 6
[6] : Overshot, action is rolled on FreePick+2 (can do 6) or action is rolled on "opposite roll" (1 become 6, 2-5, 3-4 and inversely)

On "Queue Manipulation" :
It got really weird when players began to mess up each others queues and their own. I think this need more rules or control.

On the RTD :
I loved what you kept coming up with. Dice combining, magic and weirdy-dipsy apocalypse.
Keep up the good work !

That's interesting take on the problem. Stealing good luck from your future self shakes the timeline and may result unpredicatable consequences, therefore explaining why the roll is done outside of the queue. Though an alternative for 1 and 6 could be applying +-1 for all rolls up to the taken roll.
For example your queue is  2 1 5 2 2 3 5 2 4 6. You pick the last 5 and then roll 1. Since you failed to take the roll, you use your normal roll instead and all other rolls suffer damage and your new queue would be  * 1 4 1 1 2 4 2 4 6. For rolling 6 it would become  3 2 6 3 3 4 * 2 4 6.
There would be both risk and promise.

Admittedly I may be a bit too eager to murder people. And keep in mind, this is a test. It will end abruptly when I think I have enough data from this rule set. Which, frankly, may happen soon. Next test, when it comes, will employ you idea for free picks.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 27, 2016, 07:24:27 pm »

Sling the medic's body over my shoulder and get out. Didn't care for the guy, but his corpse has plenty of loot.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 27, 2016, 07:29:05 pm »

"Our Merzedeeeees !" Capture the bastard, he will know my favorite interrogation tool : the Penetrator Mk-III. Grab a [6] for the interrogation.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 27, 2016, 10:13:28 pm »

(4)look for the other van and shoot it in the gas tank...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 27, 2016, 10:41:04 pm »

Grabbing a (5) for this. Like a action movie hero, I turn around cinematically and open the back door of the van to scoop up the guy who dared to ruin our vehicle's beauty.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 27, 2016, 11:08:28 pm »

((I love Salsa and I crazy antics. Haha.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 29, 2016, 06:13:52 am »

Sling the medic's body over my shoulder and get out. Didn't care for the guy, but his corpse has plenty of loot.
Ignoring the other guy who just shot him? Sure, why not.
3. Invisible man lifts visible dead man on his shoulders. The terrorist counts one plus one together and gets two. He shoots, but guessed wrong on which shoulder the corpse is resting. He won't guess wrong on next time...

"Our Merzedeeeees !" Capture the bastard, he will know my favorite interrogation tool : the Penetrator Mk-III. Grab a [6] for the interrogation.
4. You active your suit and circle behind the bastard while he pointlessly wastes his bullets. Kick to back of knees and stranglehold applied ensures he can't continue terrorizing your preciousss Merzedes.
Integorration is all cool, but what you want out of him? Last time he wet his bed?

(4)look for the other van and shoot it in the gas tank...
[4] -> 4. You peer around, but your vision is too badly obstructed by other buildings. You spot the van between some buildings speeding towards where the pizzeria supposedly is, but can't get the shot lined up fast enough to get the gas tank. Instead you blow up its tail lights.

Grabbing a (5) for this. Like a action movie hero, I turn around cinematically and open the back door of the van to scoop up the guy who dared to ruin our vehicle's beauty.
[4] -> 5. Except he's not inside the van, but behind it. And your buddy already restrained him. While Nakéen prepares his Penetrator Mk-III for probing, you at least disarm the guy and ensure the coming probing integorration session will go without a hitch by tying him up with a rope you found from the van. And he ain't tied in any elaborate way that might cause bypassers have second guesses that's going on, though those bypassers ran away as soon as shooting began. You have a moment of peace here to work your miracles.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 29, 2016, 12:05:03 pm »

Seeing as this man is clearly a filthy rebel, use the Penetrator MkIII to make him tell everything he knows.
-Where is the rebel base of operation located ?
-Where is the alien tech hidden ?
-Where is Che Mario ?
-What is his favorite ice cream flavor ?
Grab a [6] in the process.

((My karma is soon going to get my ass...))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 29, 2016, 10:21:30 pm »

Welp, use my next 5 to grab the guy's rifle and shoot his brains out with it. Drop the body if I need to- I can always pick it up later.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2016, 12:32:41 pm »

Seeing as this man is clearly a filthy rebel, use the Penetrator MkIII to make him tell everything he knows.
-Where is the rebel base of operation located ?
-Where is the alien tech hidden ?
-Where is Che Mario ?
-What is his favorite ice cream flavor ?
Grab a [6] in the process.

((My karma is soon going to get my ass...))
[2] -> 2. You tease him with your scary Penetrator, waving it in front of his face, poking with it at uncomfortable places, but the man keeps the secrets to himself. He defiantly spits on your face.

Welp, use my next 5 to grab the guy's rifle and shoot his brains out with it. Drop the body if I need to- I can always pick it up later.
[3] -> 5-1. Revolver. His Big Fucking Revolver. You drop Dustan's body, step on side and while he's trying to guess where you went, you wrangle the pistol from his grip. Revenge is easy and sweet, one shot is certainly enough to kill him.
You spend a moment admiring your new weapon. It's a Magnum Research BFR, also known as Big Fucking Revolver for a reason. Dark wood grip with gold embossed star, intricate engravings etched all around the weapon, and along the barrel is engraved words "For Honorable Service" and on the other side "Against All Tyrants". A fine revolver indeed. The guy has great taste for his weapons. It has three shots remaining.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2016, 12:37:36 pm »

Damnit ! I knew the new model was a crappy one... Good old Penetrator MkI would have made him talkative in a go ! No time rambling on the past, shoot the man down.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:06:45 pm by Nakéen »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 01, 2016, 02:05:48 pm »

Intentionally trip on a rock.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 01, 2016, 05:04:47 pm »

Seeing as how I lost the terrorists, (5) I might as well see if I can download DwarfFortress onto this suit.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33