Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 373837 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [I am Iron Man]
« Reply #315 on: July 22, 2013, 08:59:26 am »

So far, he's mostly given us candles.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 22, 2013, 10:17:51 am »

From a moderator perspective, RPing is entirely optional.  I don't care if you PM or post your words- whatever works best for you.  I'm not here to enforce anything- I'm just running the turns.

Actions!
Keep trying!

[Derm Spd:1]
[Tod Spd:6+1]

[Tod Str:2]
[Derm Str:3]

Tod, with superhuman speed, adjusts his stance and continues trying to shove Derm into the spikes.  Derm is still able to hold his ground.  He squeezes out another spell in the scuffle.

[Derm Pot:2+1]  Magical ley lines spread across Derm's body weakly, and seem to be unable to fully interconnect.  They flare and discharge their magical energy.

Derm shudders and solidifies, his skin turning grey, then shiny.  His eyes fade, then glow with an internal fire.  Derm is now, for all appearences, a steel golem, burning with a bright internal flame.  He grins, smoke seeping out of his mouth.  With his newfound form, he grabs for Tod.

[Derm Dex:4]
[Tod Dex:5+1]

Tod, seeing what was developing, was able to evade his grasp.  The two fighters circle each other, looking for an opportunity to strike.

Josionp Pioncale

Qadschrona

Iron can get pretty rusty.  Why not try something shinier?

[Pot:6+1]  The ley lines return.  Much the same as last time, except the lesser iron is banished away and replaced by shining steel.  Much better.  The squeak's gone too!

[Pot:1+1]  Nothing happens.

Attempt to activate the ley lines.

Should I survive this, which I hope I do:
Uticat
Villognio
Bical
Injurnerib

You concentrate on activating the ley lines.  They respond to your thought, and you stagger a bit, as everything begins to change at once.  Your skin darkens and thickens, you feel your bones becoming much harder, and your insides heat up.  The shifting ends, and you stand up.  Your skin is solid, flexible rubber.  Your eyes are two orbs of glowing fire, and you feel like you insides are on fire as well.  As best as you can tell, your bones are now solid steel.

Pretty badass, all things considered.  Now onward to probably not as cool magic.

[Pot:2+1]  A shimmering blobby mass appears.  Hmm..  it's long and tubular, with something pokey at one end.

[Pot:3+1]  Another shimmering mass, though this one is clearer.  It's another long tube, this one standing up, with what kinda looks like a foot at the end.

[Pot:6+1]  This shimmering image is quite detailed and ornate, showing you a giant torso, with rippling muscles, massive pecs, and washboard abs.  You swore you saw it alternately flexing its pecs at you.

[Pot:6+1]  Yet another image, this one of a massive hand.  It's giving you the finger.

Charles walks up behind Jack, placing his left hand to Jack's mouth, and calmly says icht kiforiter yeat. And then jumps backwards in horror.

You walk up to Jack and poke him.  He doesn't respond.  Shrugging, you cover his mouth with your left and say some magic words.

[Pot:5+1]  A massive amount of what can be best described as gooey fire is summoned by your spell.  Given its solidish nature, it looks to be incredibly good for burning things like people.  Less good for you, it also shot straight down.  Like, onto your feet.

"AAAAAAAA"

[Dex:4]  Your flying backwards leap clears you of the gooey fire, but not fast enough that your feet aren't now soaked in it.

[End:6-1]  Thinking quickly, you kick off your shoes, and manage to get nothing worse than a few superficial burns and losing all the hair on your lower legs.

[Jack End:6-1]  The pool is big enough that Jack's now standing in it, but he hasn't ignited... yet.  He should probably move.

Speaking of Jack, the green 3 over his head turns into a yellow 2.

You didn't give us matches. You gave us napalm.

The irony is delicious.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump} [ANTI-AFK:2]
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)
Dermonster:  Derm - Southeast side, Spike Room (1/5 Pool, Body is steel with a core of fire) (4)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Steel)
Tiruin:  Myra - North Exit, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - North Exit, Magma Room  [Wand]
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - Southeast side, Spike Room  (2)
The Ensorceler:  Charles - Northeast side, Grand Room (1/3 Pool)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:43:30 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 22, 2013, 10:29:58 am »

"~Ah-magic. Wonderfully-fun.~"

Do things.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #318 on: July 22, 2013, 10:33:33 am »

Puboub
Kaverbel
Abioutt

Bob looks down at the spikes below. The spikes are set into solid ground right? So a hypothetical man of steel could just fall down there; deflect harmlessly off the spikes and then begin a long and comfortable life of harvesting lichen and occasionally cleaning up corpses?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 22, 2013, 10:43:29 am »

"Let's get this party started, shall we?"

Through the fire and the flames!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 22, 2013, 10:43:58 am »

The spikes are mounted up and down the southern wall.  They're pointing horizontally, not vertically.  There's no pit or anything here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 22, 2013, 10:53:41 am »

See if I can turn back human. If so, turn metally again. See if my rubber skin looks human-like.

Amne
Puefixtr
Fakenrea
Venes
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 22, 2013, 10:59:46 am »

Derek grows a bit tried waiting for Myra's direction, so he starts looking for other magical ways to off the book.  No better way to destroy a book then by it's own contents, right?  Pointing his wand at the book, he tries:

"Gostophori!

This time he hopes again that the lightning bolt means destructive spells.  Or at least more destructive than a tree.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #323 on: July 22, 2013, 11:00:44 am »

The spikes are mounted up and down the southern wall.  They're pointing horizontally, not vertically.  There's no pit or anything here.
Spikes, but not in a pit? What sort of new age, avant-garde joint you running here? I demand a return to the way it was! If we allow spikes to be on walls, where does it end? Swinging blade traps on the floor? Or that swing down the length of the path, rather then across it?

No sir! I am forming the Defense of Traps coalition.  We shall protect traditional, wholesome, trap placement and work for a return to Indiana Jones standards. If it doesn't have a giant rolling stone ball, then I don't want to know about it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2013, 11:03:48 am »

I know, right?  Spikes on the wall, magma ceilings, what the hell is going on here?  At least the bottomless pit is pointing downward instead of some sort of quantum-inward trap.

Or, to put it another way...

"Don't second guess magic." Null says

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 22, 2013, 11:08:38 am »

I think someone turned the rooms funny directions before setting them down.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 22, 2013, 11:35:43 am »

"Not the fench toast! Wait..."

Walk off the pool

(The obsidian spell made me disappear)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:40:09 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 22, 2013, 07:12:45 pm »

"Oh! I'm sorry, I thought you were part of the tutorial.        *awkward silence*         I... I guess I should do something about that then."
Charles, feeling something is expected from him, tries to save Jack from the spreading pool of Greek fire. Gostophori?
((If the last round didn't count as combat, I'll have Charles say Josionp Pioncale Enur and try to flying tackle Jack out of the fire.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 22, 2013, 09:07:19 pm »

I'm going to treat an action of "play defensive" as a +1 bonus to any dex and speed rolls.

Do things.
Through the fire and the flames!

[Tod is defending]

Derm attempts to breathe fire, but only gets enough flame to light a candle.  With a metal shrug, he rushes for Tod.

[Derm Dex:3]
[Tod Dex:4+1+1]

Tod is able to outmaneuver any grab that Derm tries.  Frustrated, Derm resorts to magic.

[Derm Pot:5+1]

[Tod Dex:1+1+1]
[Tod End:4]

Derm summons up a very large cloud of flame, aimed right in front of him where Tod was standing.  Tod tries to dodge, but it comes up too quickly and the flames scorch him.  He's burned, but not too badly.

Puboub
Kaverbel
Abioutt

Steelman must cast magic!

[Pot:2+1]  You get wood.  Just a large branch's worth, enough for a small campfire.

[Pot:5+1]  A couple cow's worth of leather piles up in sheets in front of you.  Hmm.

[Pot:1+1]  A few leaves burst into being and float down on top of the leather.  How natural.

See if I can turn back human. If so, turn metally again. See if my rubber skin looks human-like.

Amne
Puefixtr
Fakenrea
Venes

You experiment with the markings, and discover that you can change back and forth at will.  Neat.  You are still human shaped, but you look more like a car tire than a person.  Onward, magic!

[Pot:5+1]  You get a shimmering image of an ornate metal breastplate.

[Pot:4+1]  This shimmering image is the legs of a suit of armor.

[Pot:6+1]  Armor that could cover the arms of a giant is shown to you next.

[Pot:2+1]  Uh... you're not sure on this one, it's awfully blurry.  It's a pair of... something.

Derek grows a bit tried waiting for Myra's direction, so he starts looking for other magical ways to off the book.  No better way to destroy a book then by it's own contents, right?  Pointing his wand at the book, he tries:

"Gostophori!

Lightning bolt means destructive, right?  Let's find out.

[Pot:2+1]  Or it just means hair, a clog of which appears and falls on the book.  Hairy.  You don't think the wand was involved at all in that spell- perhaps there's some other way to use it?

Walk off the pool
Charles, feeling something is expected from him, tries to save Jack from the spreading pool of Greek fire. Gostophori?

Jack snaps out of his daze, the number over his head fading.  "Something's cooking?  Smells good.  Oh hey, it's me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA"

[Jack Dex:4]
[Jack End:5-1]

Jack's flop is about as effective as Charles was at getting out, but his legs do have a few burns on them.  He'll be okay.

Charles helpfully comes up and tries to put out the fire.

[Pot:6+1]  A giant mass of hair falls directly into the pool and burns up rapidly.  Both of you gag on the stench of burning hair.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump, legs burned}
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)
Dermonster:  Derm - Southeast side, Spike Room (1/5 Pool, Body is steel with a core of fire) (4)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Steel)
Tiruin:  Myra - North Exit, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - North Exit, Magma Room  [Wand]
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - Southeast side, Spike Room  (2) {Burns on arms}
The Ensorceler:  Charles - Northeast side, Grand Room (1/3 Pool)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:14:35 pm by Toaster »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 22, 2013, 09:11:10 pm »

"And so marks your end. Your name will be a footnote in my autobiography once I conquor the local equivalent of a ruling government."

FINISH HIM!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 198