Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2392876 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8445 on: August 26, 2014, 12:36:32 am »

Does anyone happen to know if the failed serial killer mission is shorter than mission 15? I'm not sure which one to give the title of 'fastest shit to fan contact time'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: August 26, 2014, 12:41:27 am »

@sivarris All good, I've got some tokens to play with. Maybe a decent generator and making it more reliable at full'ish power (and sturdier, possibly with more capacitor banks) might be the thing. It'll be a handy item to scavenge off my inevitable corpse in any case.
It's a game. Have fun.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: August 26, 2014, 02:27:49 am »

@Syvarris
Yeah it can cut through almost anything, its also only useful at short range and can only fire in short bursts.
A cutting laser is exactly what it says on the box, it is a laser for cutting through doors and obstacles, not entire buildings.

If you want to cut through buildings you need a full on laser cannon that has been specifically designed to maintain a concentrated beam over a large distance, cutting lasers simply cannot do that and a piddly little laser rifle doesnt have the juice to create such a beam or strong enough lenses to withstand it.

I suppose if you wanted to be pedantic then yes you could go room to room with a cuttong laser and cut the building in half that way, but your not going to do it with a single sweep from outside unless its an outhouse or one of those office trailers.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: August 26, 2014, 03:06:46 am »

Does anyone happen to know if the failed serial killer mission is shorter than mission 15? I'm not sure which one to give the title of 'fastest shit to fan contact time'.
I'm fairly certain that by turn count 15 is much faster.

On unrelated note, maybe in M14 our old friend got his brain uploaded somewhere?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: August 26, 2014, 04:11:17 am »

The throne and machines looks very similar to that of "Logos" in mission 7

You activate your lamp and look around. The room is full of similar computers to the ones you saw before, however there's something different in the center of the room. It looks like a throne or chair at the center of countless cords and wires. Upon that chair is a man, or what used to be a man; a shriveled, dehydrated husk, mummified by countless years.

In that case the user's mind was slowly absorbed into the system and he became the controlling AI.

So yeah, quite probably the throne sucked mr. friendly's personality into the eggs a while ago, and he just successfully uploaded it elsewhere.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8450 on: August 26, 2014, 07:48:35 am »

@syvarris: Some things to consider:
The PSL tank contains concentrated crystal solution, which implies that the overall volume of liquid contained in the tank is actually different than the total volume of the bullets.
Having a gun with a large number of bullets isn't that strange, considering that a belt fed 50 cal machinegun usually has 250 bullets that can fit in a medium sized box or a bandolier. With a larger container and the possibility that the bullets are actually smaller when stored, due to the fact that they are liquid, being able to carry 1 or 2 thousand bullets seems logical, assuming one has the appropriate strength requirements (5 or greater probably). It will be like carrying a backpack full of compressed bullets. Assuming that volume:number of bullets ratio stays the same, because it might be based on an equation like ax+y, meaning there is a standard liquid cost for each bullet no matter the size. Or even worse there might be an increase of cost due to inefficiencies with smaller bullets.

Your wording is a bit ambiguous and might have gotten both you and piecewise confused. People have been firing laser rifles at full intensity at least since the battle with Ivan, where one used a full intensity full diffusion laser as a shotgun, with no damage to the laser rifle. So piecewise probably assumed you meant a full intensity laser rifle x5.

A cutting laser can damage a battlesuit at least as much as the x5 laser you were testing.
Battlesuits can be damaged by cutting lasers, just not very much (remember this was from a sweep):
Spoiler: Evidence (click to show/hide)
They can go through walls and even heavy armour, but they can't cut buildings in half with only a sweep. However, Miyamoto has an even larger laser (probably equal to or larger than the battlesuit's heavy laser) which CAN cut buildings in half with a bit of effort. So it's safe to assume that if a heavy laser battlesuit can't cut buildings in half, it can probably come very close to doing that.

So, a mixture of Dr House and crazy cat lady? Or maybe just the crazy cat lady, since she used to be a doctor (and a lawyer).

@Unholy: You're confusing cutting laser with the cutting torch.

@AoshimaMichio: If that is true, then one has to wonder how fast their connection is to be able to upload an AI so quickly... Or maybe they are using some really good compression. But if that is even partially true, it's far more likely they just transmitted experimental data.

If I was a paranoid ex-UE AI that wanted to perform crazy experiments, I'd probably keep my software and hardware in a hidden spaceship away from my main base of operations. Or just create many copies and seed them to a dozen systems, making sure at least one of them is uninhabited.

Related: Endgame: Singularity. You are a powerful AI that somehow came to be in a university computer. You must stay hidden from humanity until you are powerful enough to survive.
The original developer has stopped working on it but I think there was another team working on it somewhere. Can't remember right now.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:23:13 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: August 26, 2014, 07:54:36 am »

It's a shame we didn't get the UE guy to join up with us. I'm sure we could work something out with him, considering his aptitude with space magic and ability to make crazy shit seemingly all on his own. Maybe ship him off to Hephaestus and get him his own Scientific Fun Dome to work in, complete with steady supplies of people to test his stuff on. Maybe if someone talks to him, tells him his urge to violate the nature of man is perfectly okay, and that we'd like him to work for us, with full benefits, since this kind of thing would totally be our bag. Perhaps we could even get him to exposit on the nature of whatever horrid thing it is he's working on, and how we can profit from it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:56:59 am by Harry Baldman »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: August 26, 2014, 07:59:37 am »

Also, I'd throw kittens, not puppies.  Kittens cling, so they're more likely to stay close to the child long enough to bond with them.  Science!

But if the terrified children make a run for it and you give chase, you can scoop up the fallen puppies and continue throwing. Otherwise you'd have to carry around a big box of the little fuzzballs, and that's just ridiculous.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8453 on: August 26, 2014, 08:28:58 am »

@Harry Baldman: Here are the prices you requested, courtesy of Toaster:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135884.msg5368265#msg5368265
Someone has changed the armoury entry to make it more compact, I guess that's what caused the confusion. I should edit that to mention that the price is for each of those pieces.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:32:00 am by Parisbre56 »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: August 26, 2014, 08:31:07 am »

Mission 4 done. Might be my all time favourite.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: August 26, 2014, 08:57:35 am »

After taking a look at, I noticed the bookform version - at least this one, since I just skimmed Mission 1's and didn't read the rest - has a few problems with noticing who's talking in the case of people who don't have a set color for text speech, and the shift from second to third person perspective for the GM's posts created some problems. "You say" became "He say" and there is also "Milno walk" in the transcript, for example.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: August 26, 2014, 09:05:51 am »

@Harry Baldman: Here are the prices you requested, courtesy of Toaster:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135884.msg5368265#msg5368265
Someone has changed the armoury entry to make it more compact, I guess that's what caused the confusion. I should edit that to mention that the price is for each of those pieces.

Ah! I understand now! So, shit is expensive, basically. Got it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: August 26, 2014, 10:15:26 am »

After taking a look at, I noticed the bookform version - at least this one, since I just skimmed Mission 1's and didn't read the rest - has a few problems with noticing who's talking in the case of people who don't have a set color for text speech, and the shift from second to third person perspective for the GM's posts created some problems. "You say" became "He say" and there is also "Milno walk" in the transcript, for example.
I forgot to upload new CSS for new dialog colors, so with that done it should fix some of those.

That's the thing with collecting all posts into single wall of text. People post stuff in different tense and perspective so it tends to get messed up a little when I go along converting it all. Yeah, and I did this one pretty fast. "English is not my native language" is my excuse for time being.
I'll check it over again anyway.
Old sigs.
Games.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: August 26, 2014, 10:37:42 am »

@parisbre
Nope no confusion here.
I said its not useful at long range, not that its melee only.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: August 26, 2014, 11:08:21 am »

Found some time, so I'm adding more info to the armory page. Mostly stuff related to knowledge/information I got from Milno's MkIII or while trying to modify/upgrade it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 2205