Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Great River Politics [11/20]  (Read 29789 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics [11/20]
« Reply #450 on: October 13, 2014, 08:04:22 pm »

That's unlikely. If they did, we likely would have as well.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 13, 2014, 08:07:20 pm »

(I didn't see your sheet before I made mine.  I've now looked at yours at saw that it isn't a desert civilization of Genius Bruisers with surface architecture of a shantytown-Mos Eisley mix so they don't have to expend too much effort rebuilding, dedicated to fighting off mutants that are about thirty times harder to kill than the ones your soldiers have been fighting, and for decades, possibly centuries before yours decided to come out when it was safe, due to their bunker collapsing in upon them, making everything they have now have been fought for tooth and nail.)

((It is all of that. You just didn't read through the lines well enough.  :-\))

(Yours sounds more democratic Sparta than (apparent) edge of civilization monster hunters.  And I saw no mention of raids.)

(I guess all that advancement didn't help you with communications)

(After being alone for several decades to a couple hundred years?  Why not?)

The apparent leader of the group understood your meaning, and said, gesturing to the caravan, "Olacak ḱe låt mir videt' da vörur?"

I don't believe that they'd be able to be like that, given how genetics and such work. And furthermore, you wouldn't even have the capability to research due to every bit of manpower needed to repulse those sorts of raids if they're that pressing. So you'd more have an embittered, paranoid society rather than one that has all this technology. Even the better metals is somewhat bullshit due to the game rules :|

(Their technology is based off of discovered relics that they look into during the downtime between the raids.  Basing off the relics wound up pushing them at a higher rate, and, as I mentioned, they've been working for several decades longer than yours have been, building desperately to survive.  And again, the mutants weren't as powerful as they are now when they first started, as the weaker ones were able to be killed, but the stronger were able to escape.  Continue the process for a long period of time, the overall strength increases.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 13, 2014, 08:10:25 pm »

What language are the Marauders speaking?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 13, 2014, 08:12:30 pm »

(Yours sounds more democratic Sparta than (apparent) edge of civilization monster hunters.  And I saw no mention of raids.)

(Democratic Sparta who are also edge of civilization monster hunters, of course. And we wiped out the raids. With the power of our religion! Duh. I mean, it was implied, not stated, but I thought everyone would be able to at least pick that up!)

-----------------

(After being alone for several decades to a couple hundred years?  Why not?)

(Well, everyone else was isolated for the same amount of time, but can understand each other just fine.  :-\)

While they can understand us just fine, we still have no knowlage of his language. I guess he didn't pick that up from all the drawing. Still, they smile and nod, not stopping him as he takes a look at the goods.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 13, 2014, 08:15:37 pm »

Attacking cavalry-[16]
Attacking infantry-[11]
Attacking archers-[17]

Defending infantry-[6]
Defending crossbows-[14]
Defending artillery-[5]

The cavalry regroups and charges the artillery with amazing effect
The attacking infantry is able to retreat and regroup at the archers with losing only a few soldiers
The attacking archers are able to provide amazing cover fire and hold the crossbow men down

The deafening infantry is able to kill a few soldiers before they get out of distance
The defending crossbow men are able to take out a few enemy archers before they are halted by a cloud of arrows
The defending artillery is destroyed

Defence-
90 Heavy Infantry
550 Pikemen
170-60= 110 Crossbowmen
40-40= 0Artillerymen (15-15= 0 Ballistas)

Attack-
230-20= 210 heavy infantry
315-25= 290 archers
75 cavalry

Before I shoot everybody for language barriers, everbody speaks the same language
The deep metals in the desert isn't ok
The bombs are not ok either
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 13, 2014, 08:20:28 pm »

The heavy infantry and crossbows form up into defensive positions, the crossbowmen taking shots at the cavalry all the while. The pikes begin to march to the positions of the enemy archers.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 13, 2014, 08:27:41 pm »

YES! HELL YES!

The cavalry get the f*** out of dodge and out of range of the crossbowmen. The infantry continue to fall back. The archers continue to fire on the enemy crossbowmen but run when the pikemen get too close.

Fuck it. Time to get things moving again.

[Demestris is taken off red alert. The Peasants are made to leave and go work the fields again. The slaves continue the road between Demestris and the Council of Other.]
[The Senate decides that the paper mill shall produce cotton paper because of the increased quality of the paper.]
[The Other's scientists/engineers currently in Demestris begin making the plans for a paper mill, postponing the foundry and factories.]

I'd just like to state one more time that under normal conditions Demestris would NEVER invade one of its neighbours for shits and giggles just cos they had it coming. I'm only doing it so that the GM can test his battle mechanics. I expect the invasions made by Demestris to be retconned once the game gets started. Also, there was already one city state in the East Desert called Maramia.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 13, 2014, 08:35:26 pm »

You realize that was what, 5%? Given the rate of casualties you're gonna have to actually go toe to toe with the pikemen. Anyway, back to the conversation...

Err, I'm pretty sure that there aren't any relic around, given the previous statement that Cryxis has stated. And furthermore, the structures are likely to be ramshackle, again, due to things Cryxis has said before. Furthermore, I doubt the mutants would let you leave without some purpose, given that anyone outside would be far more vulnerable and the garrison happens to be weaker so...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 13, 2014, 08:46:51 pm »

(Each individual word is sent into a different language in google translate.  Floating your cursor over the text should display the translation.)

(Well, everyone else was isolated for the same amount of time, but can understand each other just fine.  :-\)

(I was chalking that up to there being inter-bunker communications, as otherwise, with the length of time people have been apart due to the radiation, languages would have diverged to the point that they would be difficult to understand, if at all.)

Before I shoot everybody for language barriers, everbody speaks the same language

(You used the word 'Millenia', which implies several thousand years.  From the sources I've found, that length of time would cause the languages to change to a point where they wouldn't be understandable.

With the tools available, I would estimate deep would probably be around 100-150 meters down.

Rather than bombs, what about unstable crystals?  Don't lie, you've confirmed the setting, and I know that in that, there are crystals that reproduce magic abilities.  Heck, the hammer is made out of one!)

Also, there was already one city state in the East Desert called Maramia.

(If that is true, I'll pull out, I'm causing too much contention.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 13, 2014, 08:51:49 pm »

There's nothing in the OP about a Maramia, so I think you are good there. What you need to do is have a good look-over on the fluff of your natyion and such and rewrite a few things to make more sense and fit in.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 13, 2014, 08:53:00 pm »

There's nothing in the OP about a Maramia, so I think you are good there. What you need to do is have a good look-over on the fluff of your natyion and such and rewrite a few things to make more sense and fit in.

I found it, with an acceptance.  It's not Maramia, though, it's Maramial.

Can I join?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yep

Welcome to the Great Rover hall both of you

WORLD NEWS
[Anarchist radicals head to the east desert and rally the nomads around that region and create their own state]

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 13, 2014, 08:54:38 pm »

(Each individual word is sent into a different language in google translate.  Floating your cursor over the text should display the translation.)

(I was chalking that up to there being inter-bunker communications, as otherwise, with the length of time people have been apart due to the radiation, languages would have diverged to the point that they would be difficult to understand, if at all.)

(You used the word 'Millenia', which implies several thousand years.  From the sources I've found, that length of time would cause the languages to change to a point where they wouldn't be understandable.

With the tools available, I would estimate deep would probably be around 100-150 meters down.

Rather than bombs, what about unstable crystals?  Don't lie, you've confirmed the setting, and I know that in that, there are crystals that reproduce magic abilities.  Heck, the hammer is made out of one!)

Also, there was already one city state in the East Desert called Maramia.

Yes those stones form hundreds of years from now and radios were able to be used between bunkers

(If that is true, I'll pull out, I'm causing too much contention.)
Ok for this war test I'm going to make a bit of an in game explanation
[Serbis hosted, national wargames]
(Armies may compete using non-lethal weaponry to test out their military strength)
([in war games there are no moral or terrain bonuses like real war])
((Will only do two nations at a time for now, will try to post nation rolls tomorrow))

Attacking cavalry-[18]
Attacking infantry-[20]
Attacking archers-[11]

Defending crossbows-[13]
Defending heavy infantry-[8]
Defending pikes-[17]

The attacking cavalry is able to retreat with few deaths
The attacking archers are able to take out plenty of pikemen and the attacking infantry are able to hold off the pike men while the archers move back

The defending pikes are able to charge into the attackers formation but meet resistance
The defending crossbows take down some cavalry before they are out of range
The infantry is in a defensive formation around the crossbows

Defence-
90 Heavy Infantry
550-130= 420 Pikemen
110 Crossbowmen

Attack-
210-40 = 170 heavy infantry
290 archers
75-20= 55 cavalry

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 13, 2014, 08:57:27 pm »

There's two slots there though, and you posted yours first so...

Pikes continue smashing into the enemy formation. Heavy infantry moves up to cover the flanks of the pikes along with the crossbows. The crossbows prepare to fire on the cavalry if it moves back into range.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 13, 2014, 09:06:32 pm »

Pikes continue smashing into the enemy formation. Heavy infantry moves up to cover the flanks of the pikes along with the crossbows. The crossbows prepare to fire on the cavalry if it moves back into range.

Ok don't anybody care about borders I'll have the new game ready by hopefully next week and we can restart

@Sabertooth tiger- just drop out of this one and join the new one next week, you have a reserved slot like the rest of us

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 13, 2014, 09:10:19 pm »

I realize that, but I am causing a great deal of contention, so I am voluntarily leaving, so it doesn't just scale out of control later.

Also, Cryxis, you accidentally put your response within the quote, before another line from me.  And, admittedly, why wouldn't those crystals exist now?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33