Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8583 8584 [8585] 8586 8587 ... 10988

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13435622 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128760 on: November 15, 2017, 07:37:15 pm »

Not to be some keyboard elitist, but alt-left and alt-right.  And F5 has always been refresh - ctrl-F5 for a more complete version.
I try to minimize mouse-action when possible.  It's so... imperfect.  Slow, relatively.  Complicated.

F5 turns off the trackpad.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128761 on: November 15, 2017, 07:40:15 pm »

Surely that is Fn-F5?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128762 on: November 15, 2017, 07:52:48 pm »

Surely that is Fn-F5?

Apparently Fn-F5 is refresh, I didn't know that.

My game giveaway

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #128763 on: November 15, 2017, 08:18:28 pm »

Somehow all my pens are either incapable of putting any of their ink to paper or merely touching it on anything releases loads of the ink. Writing twelve paragraphs for an assignment caused a good portion of my right hand, a smaller but still significant part of my left hand, and even my damn arm to be stained with ink. And this stuff doesn't come out easy if I don't immediately go wash, which I didn't.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #128764 on: November 15, 2017, 08:37:59 pm »

* hector13 adopts the cliched voice of a wisened hag

Fear The Spotted Claw!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128765 on: November 15, 2017, 08:38:15 pm »

My stepdad just expressed a desire to acquire more guns. I feel safer already!

To elaborate, they're watching some show that sounds like it's about gun violence. The bit that was on was about a husband holding his wife hostage at gunpoint. The first officer makes repeated demands for the husband to drop his gun and step away from the wife. Then a second officer shows up, shoots the husband dead and accidentally wounds the wife due to overpenetration(it went through him and hit her), judging from the sound(I was only listening from the next room) without giving warning before firing. My parents are praising the second officer. During this, my stepdad, who has previously expressed desire for violence against non-whites and non-Christians(specifically his brand of Christianity at that), as well as hostility towards me, said he wanted to get more guns.

Okay, ignoring that one gun is bad enough, why does he think getting more(and plurality is implicit here) is any better? It's not as though you can effectively shoot more than one gun at a time.

Actually, I'm just surrounded by crazy. Earlier today I had to listen to two of my coworkers talk about a bunch of tinfoil-hat stuff they seem to genuinely believe in. One of them has also praised the new Call of Duty(WWII) for its realism, especially how realistic the Nazi Zombies are.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128766 on: November 15, 2017, 08:39:46 pm »

Somehow all my pens are either incapable of putting any of their ink to paper or merely touching it on anything releases loads of the ink. Writing twelve paragraphs for an assignment caused a good portion of my right hand, a smaller but still significant part of my left hand, and even my damn arm to be stained with ink. And this stuff doesn't come out easy if I don't immediately go wash, which I didn't.

Ur a squid now

My game giveaway

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128767 on: November 15, 2017, 08:40:54 pm »

Your an kid
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:43:24 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128768 on: November 15, 2017, 09:00:55 pm »

My main issue with the new layout is that they moved the navigation buttons (forward, back, refresh), so now I have to correct myself whenever I try to do any of those and look for the bastards in other places. The rest is more or less fine, I like that the drop down menu is an actual drop down menu, not a bunch of huge buttons with style over function.

Go into customize. You can move the back forward refresh buttons wherever you want.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128769 on: November 15, 2017, 10:48:40 pm »

Even though I set it not to update, after my computer crashed it forced me into Firefox Quantum anyway. God this tab placement is shit. Now my browser is permanently crippled because Mozilla wants tabs on top for no sane reason and won't let add ons change it anymore.

They should ask any prospective UI devs one question, and one question only. "What existing sites would you inspire your designs from?" Anybody who answers Facebook gets taken out back and shot.

I mean, how audience deaf can these people get? Do they not understand it might mean something when everybody uses an add on to move the tabs back, or that people won't use a speed increase update because the design is shit to the point you have to trick and force them into it? Wake up, assholes! Nobody wants tabs on top!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:50:45 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128770 on: November 15, 2017, 10:55:47 pm »

Um, since multiple people have mentioned "tabs on top" as a problem, what was the alternative?  Unlike the Windows Start menu or Gnome equivalent, I never noticed an option to move tabs to the... side?  Bottom?

I'm mostly glad it isn't wasting real estate on beveled tabs anymore.  That was the biggest reason I installed Classic Theme Restorer.  This is... different, but fine.

Chatzilla's broken but that's justified.  There was honestly no reason for me to choose an IRC client embedded in Firefox...  And I've kept with it almost entirely due to keeping the logs in one format.
She/they

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128771 on: November 15, 2017, 10:59:38 pm »

The title bar is dead space otherwise, I don't see the problem. With tabs in the title bar you get another half-inch or so of screen real-estate for what matters - the webpage. The new browser properly integrates the tabs into the title bar at least in a clean, planned way, rather than the half-assed way it was tacked on before.

Personally, I would prefer a system where all the browser controls are kept in one block. That's why doing away with the "status bar" at the bottom was a good move. If any controls go to the bottom, i'd prefer that they move all of them to the bottom.

One nice thing that you can do with new Firefox btw, is to make the bookmarks toolbar visible, add a no-name folder to it, then go into customize, and drag the whole bookmarks toolbar into the main toolbar. The nameless folder is now a drop-down place you can drag tabs into, and you can use non-named icons on the top-level for frequently visited places. All your icons go into one bar then and you can customize easily.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:12:35 pm by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128772 on: November 16, 2017, 12:14:14 am »

Just ordered some things from a band based in South America and the shipping costs were not only reasonable - which is unpleasantly rare indeed - they were cheap. That's unheard of. Normally pretty much anything I buy from overseas costs as much again to get sent here - this was about $40 worth of stuff and the postage was only $6. :o

I thought crazy steep shipping was a thing the world over. I've bought plenty of stuff from the US and Europe, all expensive... maybe South America just has far cheaper shipping to Australia for some reason? More likely, the band are just cool dudes trying to keep costs down for their adoring fans.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128773 on: November 16, 2017, 06:48:37 am »

Just ordered some things from a band based in South America and the shipping costs were not only reasonable - which is unpleasantly rare indeed - they were cheap. That's unheard of. Normally pretty much anything I buy from overseas costs as much again to get sent here - this was about $40 worth of stuff and the postage was only $6. :o

I thought crazy steep shipping was a thing the world over. I've bought plenty of stuff from the US and Europe, all expensive... maybe South America just has far cheaper shipping to Australia for some reason? More likely, the band are just cool dudes trying to keep costs down for their adoring fans.
Being from South America I must ask. Which band?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128774 on: November 16, 2017, 07:06:19 am »

Jupiterian, from Brazil. They are rather excellent. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 8583 8584 [8585] 8586 8587 ... 10988