Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8581 8582 [8583] 8584 8585 ... 10987

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13383003 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128730 on: November 14, 2017, 05:47:46 pm »

I shall not be engaging in quantum dickery.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #128731 on: November 14, 2017, 06:51:10 pm »

Iron Man was first tho, and the first with a post credits teaser for the Cap movie, which makes it the first in the MCU.

Let you're elf be enlightenment
Post credit scene

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128732 on: November 14, 2017, 06:55:11 pm »

Because you should use chrome.

I've been a Firefox loyalist since it had number 2 next to it, and I won't change :P

EDIT: I managed to fix most of thingies back to as they should be, tabs remain on top but I will deal with this heresy tomorrow.

but Haspen, everything is chrome in the future
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #128733 on: November 14, 2017, 07:07:17 pm »

Please do not quote:

Work with hard regulations. Can't really broadcast my job, because a.) C suite supervisor says, b.) confidential, c.) legal reasons, and d.) complicated subject matter. Situation actually kinda sucks. I'm actually trying to help out the organization.... I've been called "a spy," and "here to fire everyone," but that couldn't be further from the truth. Expressly, said I didn't care about blame, just fixing it. Received bad responses.... They know or should know what confidential means. "Attorney," they realize legal junk is difficult.... Further, they don't ask the other lawyer this crap.

Today, I was approached by a man who asked, "Hey, what do you do here?"

Still limping from injuries but not complaining, we all wear a name and position badge; I respond with this information.

He continues, "Yeah I see you around, and I just thought I'd ask you what the hell you do here."

I clarify some broad strokes of the regulatory areas I deal with.  He states he's from a related but different organization. I reply, "Good to have you here." 

Tactical sense and planning took over and fell back to overly professional, politeness but still ... a part of me couldn't believe it. What the...? Who cares what somebody else's job is. It's not hurting anyone. That's really the point. I haven't hurt anyone. For being so "terrible," I haven't done anything terrible, to anyone. I moved next door to the place (not something destroyers do), work extra crazy unpaid hours, and do all I can. The people at the top of the organization, know what I do, because I report to them. They're scared to death what happens if I fail, but I'm resisted. They think I'm doing great. The people on the ground, however, are convinced I'm going to screw them all over for some strange reason. All the same, still temporarily injured; battling broken. Embrace the suck.... Several opportunities for difficulty....

I'm often quiet. I talk fast, say much in no time, and slow myself for others.

It's not that I don't get it, or don't listen. I hear, comprehend, analyze, and formulate, rapidly. Cut my teeth in Hell with judges and/or morons wanting answers yesterday; unaccustomed to slower pace.

Please do not quote:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:19:58 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128734 on: November 14, 2017, 09:28:42 pm »

You can always ask for a name change (unless you can just change it in account settings, not sure here) and Toady One would probably prefer it to making a second account

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128735 on: November 14, 2017, 09:34:44 pm »

Quite a few people here have had their names changed. Might as well ask Toady if that's something you want to consider.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128736 on: November 14, 2017, 09:36:27 pm »

I messed up my capitalization way back when and he fixed it. Because he is kind.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128737 on: November 15, 2017, 05:48:07 am »

I just got a guest pass for Counter-Strike: Source, that "allows access to the full version for a limited time"(I already own CS:S), and it mentions the game was just updated to include player stats, achievements, and more(last update to CS:S was in June, already had achievements).

...Is Valve trolling me?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128738 on: November 15, 2017, 06:05:16 am »

Firefox Quantum just released and it even broke Classic Theme Restorer. It broke ton of add-ons I used. Nobody is like I had it set.

I can't even change tabs to not-on-top anymore.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Because you should use chrome.

If everyone uses the same thing then the market completely implodes and now you have a monopoly. People should look around and use not-Chrome. If everyone uses Chrome then nobody has any revenue to actually develop competitors, and Chrome has less reasons to make theirs better or to not fill it full of adware.

Who actually wants Google controlling your entire online experience from browser to search to advertising all rolled into one? it sounds like a fucking nightmare. I opt out, so i use Firefox to help grow the next biggest competitor. The plug-ins that don't work are mostly ones that Chrome doesn't have anyway - that was the point. Firefox also has the webextensions system used by Chrome.

So because Firefox broke some old extensions I use, I'm going to switch to another platform owned by the mega-data-spying Google, that also doesn't have those extensions? Why?

~~~

Firefox Quantum just released and it even broke Classic Theme Restorer. It broke ton of add-ons I used. Nobody is like I had it set.

I can't even change tabs to not-on-top anymore.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Because it's a complete rewrite of the entire browser. Enough said. There's no "firefox classic theme" hidden away in the new browser to be easily restored, no more than Opera or Chrome have Firefox's classic theme hidden in them.

But Firefox 57 is twice as fast as old Firefox was a few version numbers ago, and it uses 30% less memory than Chrome. That's why they decided that taking the plunge and replacing the guts of the browser was worth it. In the long run, it will be easier and cheaper to improve the new Firefox than the old one, because there's no old junk floating around in there to have to constantly deal with.

Sure, they could have left your "not on top" tabs in, and had a hidden mode for the "classic theme" added. But where would you stop? Those are things just you wanted to keep. They'd have to keep things anyone wanted to keep, and it would be a never-ending list of nearly-useless-to-most-people options and caveats. If they did that, making the new browser would have been impossible. it's better that they make a clean, minimal browser, then they see what they can in fact add back in bit by bit, without sacrificing performance.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:54:39 am by Reelya »

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #128740 on: November 15, 2017, 06:12:47 am »

It gives me conniptions

In our timeline... yes you are aggressively correct ma sur.
But in the mcu timeline... it is not.
I could even debate that the 2003 hulk movie counts but I'm a shitposter not someone who cares to debate strangers.
But now... I'm attracted to you  ;)
Wanna get some slice and watch some antman?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:19:58 am by Billy »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128741 on: November 15, 2017, 07:14:19 am »

Wikipedia has been hacked?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128742 on: November 15, 2017, 07:38:31 am »

Wow I just tried the new Firefox 57, and opened up ~48 tabs to see memory use. Basically it never went over 300MB. That's down from 1-2 GBs of RAM the previous version Firefox 56 to open 40 tabs at once. They're not kidding when they say they totally rewrote the thing. On load, it's using ~150MB.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:42:41 am by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #128743 on: November 15, 2017, 07:45:27 am »

Oh my, I may need to prioritise updating. The memory usage has been getting worse and worse, and it's been bothering me of late.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #128744 on: November 15, 2017, 08:56:32 am »

It gives me conniptions

In our timeline... yes you are aggressively correct ma sur.
But in the mcu timeline... it is not.
I could even debate that the 2003 hulk movie counts but I'm a shitposter not someone who cares to debate strangers.
But now... I'm attracted to you  ;)
Wanna get some slice and watch some antman?

So if the Hulk is set before Iron Man in the MCU, how does Stark know about the Avengers before Fury tells him about it at the end of the first Iron Man?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 8581 8582 [8583] 8584 8585 ... 10987