Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Godhood II OOC Thread  (Read 19892 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood II OOC Thread
« Reply #315 on: August 23, 2010, 05:23:37 pm »

And what if we simply make it harder to make things suddenly come into existence?

What if modifying creatures/people would be easier, forcing players to think creatively.

But that's just me, bro.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 23, 2010, 05:24:03 pm »

Presumably, Caesar already has a plan for the next game (though it might not hurt to hold a vote for universal gods vs planetary gods)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 23, 2010, 05:24:13 pm »

Well, i have read up to new gods of mankind stuff and i think i prefer a more "freestyle" approach- Though, we certainly can salvage some things of it.

But as you know the bay12 forums most of us will certainly come up with stuff not covered by the NGOM rules.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #318 on: August 23, 2010, 05:26:07 pm »

Well, i have read up to new gods of mankind stuff and i think i prefer a more "freestyle" approach- Though, we certainly can salvage some things of it.

But as you know the bay12 forums most of us will certainly come up with stuff not covered by the NGOM rules.
NGOM is about as freestyle as you can get while still having a rules backbone. The miracle rules are pretty open to DM interpretation and situational modifiers. It is primarily about the roleplay, but gives you a good framework for resolving large-scale conflicts, as with their conflict system you can easily resolve battles of almost any scale.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 23, 2010, 05:26:45 pm »

Man, I'd love to play this. Count me in!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 23, 2010, 05:28:13 pm »

NGOM is about as freestyle as you can get while still having a rules backbone. The miracle rules are pretty open to DM interpretation and situational modifiers. It is primarily about the roleplay, but gives you a good framework for resolving large-scale conflicts, as with their conflict system you can easily resolve battles of almost any scale.

Well, good. Though someone would need to provide us with the rule books.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2010, 05:29:24 pm »

I will look at the rules again and see how well they would lend themselves to a forum environment.
Well, good. Though someone would need to provide us with the rule books.
That is a sticky point there. I do know the dev team, if I decide to do it I'll see about getting written permission to share my pdf book copies with 4-5 people.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 23, 2010, 07:20:01 pm »

I'd be interested in playing that, if you get permission.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 23, 2010, 08:29:01 pm »

In violation of my own posting a third thread, I'd just like to say I support the idea of making it harder to create things - either having the world world pre-created by Caesar or only having creation of the world/worlds possible on Turn 1.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 23, 2010, 08:39:12 pm »

And what about any gods or goddesses that join the game late?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2010, 11:21:02 pm »

And what about any gods or goddesses that join the game late?
Not all gods are created equal. In nearly every myth regarding multiple dieties, there are greater and lesser gods and gods who came into being later on are generally lower on the power scale. Coming to the party late should see something like this, with chances to grab power but starting off a bit disadvantaged.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]