Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 28412 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D2: Fire!
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2015, 06:06:27 pm »

I think scum is most likely persus or filipk. The only ddynamo voted for frostmoon toward the end hom beingknew and all I foubt he would have state of mind to vote then unvote. If a bus occured; then, it is most likely that busser would have stayed on their partner for town cred.

Griff was on the wagon of frostmoon so I dont think he is scum. Again bussing day 1 is just poor play. Not to mention he was the second vote. Fully cognizant of the fact that griff could just vote check anyone as he did throw a lot of fingers in peeps faces.

Tnt has claimed cop that is all that needs to be said here. There hasnt been a cc. I doubt there will be one. People have had ample time to check in the thread. I am simply waiting everyone to post so he could be cleared/hanged.

Now I am not entirely sure this is gonna make sense. Moonlit shadow comes in third in my scumspects. I think they are/may be town. Moonlit has been hesitant to come to conclusions, but mostly towards the end day moonlit defends tries to save frostmoon. I read it as a good guy potentially trying to help potentially another good guy out. Again I didnt think anything nefarious or cloak and daggery until the flip. So third scumspect.

Which leaves me with persus and filipk. Now although I have a slight town on frost moon filipk as mafia doesnt make a lot of sense since he didnt vote for anybody. That means he is either really absent minded or a genius. and no offense filip you dont seem like neither.

Essentially this has been a very confusing post to say

Persus hasnt done anything and should be killed off.
Or not it's cool.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2015, 06:26:01 pm »

What do you think of my assumption on who the possible mafia members are?
I think the basic assumption of "voted for FM" = "town" is a bit unreliable, because bussing mafia mates is a common enough thing, so I don't think you should limit yourself to just those three in the long run... however I agree that Ddynamo seems less suspicious because of his terrible management of his votes, and roo is not at the top of my list at the moment (he's second or third, but not the top).

My interactions with tntey made him feel like town to me, however poorly he may be playing it doesn't seem "scummy".  I don't think a lynch on him is as bad an idea as it was first day; however, if he is cop as he claims him being around is more and more of a liability for the remaining mafia member.

I actually think Moonlit's early play paints him townie as well, as it felt like his hunting strategy developed fairly organically in response to stuff that was happening in the game, but I understand I'm in a bit of a minority there.

Persus is most suspicious to me, mostly because we know nothing about him. There are some things that /could/ be pointed to him, but may well just be me overthinking things.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 16, 2015, 07:17:32 pm »

Welcome to Day 2, and congratulations to those of you who figured out frostmoon was scum. Now we need to find the second scum, a task that will probably be harder. A good place to start is by looking at frostmoon's interactions with other people, as well as votes (Looking back frostmoon didn't vote anyone, but who voted her and when?), the least this can do is tell us who isn't frostmoon's partner

I had a post I had promised, but most of it involved stuff questioning NJW's case, but his target flipped scum and he's dead, so I guess that's worthless now. I mainly thought his claim that he was suspicious of frostmoon for "misleading questions" was odd, since that wasn't really something I noticed, and his efforts to link moonlit and forstmoon was also odd (but since he died, it might be worth looking into).

One caveat about that parenthesis on Nightkills, don't try and read too much into the nightkill. NJW might have been killed because his only vote was on frostmoon yesterday, he might have been killed because moonlit is the last scum and didn't want suspicion cast on him, NJW might have been killed to make moonlit look suspicious, NJW might have been killed to cast suspicion on tntney, or the last scum might have thought he would have looked town today or thought he was a power role. Any and all of these reasons could be the reason behind the scum kill, but you don't know which one is the right one.  You can speculate, but don't jump to conclusions and base your vote today off the nightkill.

roo:

turns out I was just being a buster and griff actually is awesome. My initial instincts were right. Ummmmmm what else. Oh am not sure about actually I am thinking last scum is inexperienced with not tying the votes. I say that only because That's what I would have done. Filipk and I both asked for extensions I think filipk maybe would have tied the vote idk tho on njw.

tntey easiest vote of my life tho looking at the votes.
You seem remarkably congratulatory for someone who voted frostmoon and then jumped off afterwards. And why is tntey the easiest vote of your life?

Am suprised that persus didn't vote for anyone.
Me too, man, me too.

shorten request
Why?

I think scum is most likely persus or filipk. The only ddynamo voted for frostmoon toward the end hom beingknew and all I foubt he would have state of mind to vote then unvote. If a bus occured; then, it is most likely that busser would have stayed on their partner for town cred.
Maybe he was hoping to save his buddy but not sure how? And while I'm suspicious for you for doing the same thing, this doesn't help.

Tnt has claimed cop that is all that needs to be said here. There hasnt been a cc. I doubt there will be one. People have had ample time to check in the thread. I am simply waiting everyone to post so he could be cleared/hanged.
People may have ample time to check, but how many have actually posted more than once, although at this point the only person who could cc would be Ddynamo, so I'm mostly in agreement with you on tntey

fillipk:
I was think NJW was scum, but I wanted them to answer my question to confirm, guess not.  I'm with Roo on this Tntey he played like scum day 1 and wasn't night killed
Why did you think NJW was scum?

Also to answer your day 1 question, I would pick an IC as my scumbuddy over a new player. What does this tell you about me?

Based on the votes I'm willing to knock the scummy people down to tntey, Persus13, and The Moonlit Shadow.

I should add myself because I never did vote Frostmoon, and tried to extend but all I can say is I had no idea about Frostmoon.

Out of the three I would say that tntey acted like scum, Persus sort of attacked part of the accusations of Frostmoon, and Moonlit kept up a case against NJW.  I did make other cases but I honestly didn't put a lot of effort in them, and tntey jumped on the first one for no real good reason.
Why should you add yourself to the list of scummy people? Do you have doubts about your alignment? Griffionday I can understand, but why do roo and Ddynamo not appear on your scummy list, or in other words, why do you think roo and Ddynamo are town?

tntey:
Darnit. If NJW2000 didn't die I could easily reveal as a policeman and he was townie. But the stupid mafia had to go and kill him.
If you are scum, this would have been the easiest fake-claim you could have made. You also didn't die after softclaiming a powerrole yesterday. So reasons, why did you choose NJW over anyone else? What made you think he might be scum. Who was your second choice? When did you first decide inspecting NJW was a good idea, in the night, or during the day?

Griffionday:
I would like to hear more from you Persus, the one thing that you gave us that seems to have any weight (aka, doesn't seem to just be your IC mode response) doesn't really tell us much. But on the other hand you /have/ been busy and as you say you haven't really looked over much in the thread.  At this point you are my only truly null-read though; which is somewhat uncomfortable.  What do you think of NJW's flip?  You seemed to say he was who you thought we would be best served by lynching.
While I have been busy (college just started up last week), part of the problem was just that I wasn't invested in the game and it usually takes D2 before I can get more invested into a game (or at least that's what I keep telling myself) NJW getting nightkilled was surprising because I thought the mafia would target you, as you seem to be better and more experienced, but his flip wasn't surprising. After you, he was probably the least likely person to be scum.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 16, 2015, 07:23:14 pm »

I didn't vote for anyone because I didn't find Frost super suspicious, I was playing mostly passive day 1.  I got suspicious of NJW day 1 and pushed it at the very end of the day, then noticed it was the end of the day.  They then flipped town and I wasn't super surprised.  I started my list with didn't vote for Frostmoon=scum because it seemed obvious, only NJW voted for Frost near the end and he flipped town.  The other qualifier of my list is defended Frost or ignored the case, which is why I said I should put myself on the list.  If someone claims cop and isn't on the list then I will focus tntey, otherwise he seems the least suspicious,

I don't see Roo as scum he scum hunted, however scummy or inefficient it seemed, he just doesn't feel like scum.  No offense taken Roo I don't consider myself a genius at mafia, but I also don't consider myself absent minded.

I will need to go back and check but I swore I saw Moon defend Frost but then again Frost attacking Moon made her spear scummy so number 2.  I think Persus did the safe scum thing and ignored it like a couple of us, so I think we should pressure him.  unvote, Persus13

On a side note, I will go back and check this for myself, but did it seem like Frost was being given advice now that we know she was scum?

-Ninja'd, I will answer your questions when I'm at a computer, PFP-
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2015, 08:14:05 pm »

persus blatant omgus.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 16, 2015, 08:30:41 pm »

hmmmmmmm nobody cc'd him last dp. I forgot about that tbh. unvote. I'll unvote as there is no cc currently and am on. If there is we win the game. Am suprised that persus didn't vote for anyone. Maf must have for some reason been threatened by njw so I'll look at his posts to see who he scumspected. Mafia might be most likely been killing off the wagon tho. Which is good strategy as the people on the wagon are more trustworthy/townie than people not on the mafia wagon. That is why bussing is so unexpected since it is tactically bad gameplay especially day 1.

Gameplay/post hoc rationale (not really): I mentioned in case anyone was wondering about filipk and I extending because it makes more sense for mafia to extend in that situation since they know their partner is dying. inb4 did you just claim mafia.

@persus I unvoted here post 273 and explained myself did you miss it or this post not fit in with lets try to live for one more day by cherry picking gestalt? It was before griffs quote 279 I'm fairly confident you saw it. Further more you say were going after njw so was filipk which is why you two are at the top. classic chainsaw is classic.
------------------
I think thats everyone to check in finally with persus, so tnt is clear. What worries me is that filipk had his vote on tnt like it was a bit unreal to me. He can't possibly be maf right?

I wonder if persus would commit that much of an oversite i.e. not vote. it seems like such poor play to not vote as mafia. He was gone so I'd buy it.
Or not it's cool.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2015, 12:37:08 am »

My vote was on tnt because he acted like scum, now that no one else claimed cop he's clear and I won't vote him.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2015, 01:23:41 am »

Votecount:
*Griffionday - (0)
*tntey - (0)
*fillipk - (0)
*Ddynamo - (0)
*The Moonlit Shadow -(0)
*roo - Persus13 (1)
*Persus13 - roo, fillipk (2)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Griffionday, tntey, Ddynamo, and The Moonlit Shadow

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 1/4 (roo)

Ddynamo has been sent the 48 hour prod.

Day 2 ends about 22 hours from now, at 9:00 PM PST Thursday, September 17th.  There are two extensions available.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2015, 04:03:36 am »

Sorry I'm not posting much, my compjtervdied and all I have is this PS Vita.

Yeah, I agree with everyone on not voting Tntey for now.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2015, 10:33:16 am »

Let's see... today is the end of the day in about (does the mental math) 12.5 hours?

Persus
What, exactly, is your opinion of Moonlit?  In your post you say, twice, that he is potentially a mafioso, however you feel fine doing absolutely nothing active to follow up on that?

also, this happened:
fillipk:
so as to that @Everyone would you rather be scum partners with an IC or a newb and why?

I would rather have an IC because they are better and less likely to get caught and therefore more likely to win for me.
It...depends on the game, actually. I mean, on a general note, I'd love to have an IC as my scumbuddy, as they'd probably be more reasonable and are just generally better than me, but in this particular Beginner's Mafia, the ICs have been rather inactive, and I don't think a lot of people would be willing to replace in for them, as most of the other (as in, not playing  this game) experienced players seem to be rather busy. (That, my friends, was a looooot of commas. Wow.) In other words, while they're probably not as good, the newbies have (generally) been more active. That, and I believe that all of the players here have played at least one game of mafia before, making them not complete and total newbies.
Which suggests that she had an IC partner and she was not happy with that.  Now, yes, I know that Roo had not subbed in at that point; so said IC could be either of you.

fillipk
I will need to go back and check but I swore I saw Moon defend Frost but then again Frost attacking Moon made her spear scummy so number 2.
Erm, here and here he said that he thought she was town due to here making decent cases and then voted for NJW which could be a chainsaw defence? Here he seems to shift his suspicion rapidly to you, but apparently that was him getting confused.

btw, I own you an apology about your question and the timing of it.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2015, 10:41:54 am »

The Moonlit Shadow has requested a replacement!

Day ends in just over 12 hours, unless there is an extension.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D2: Fire! (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2015, 10:57:08 am »

It's okay, I failed to notice that but I guess it worked out in the end?  Depends if an IC is the other maf.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2015, 11:56:35 am »

@griff hey pssst a scum IC is a thing here. *goes back to bed*
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2015, 07:39:41 pm »

I have mixed feelings but the most prevalent one is feeling like a degenerate for reading into the replacement. Ehhh moonlit jumped to number two. Fm bailed out and so is MS potentially
Or not it's cool.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2015, 08:33:38 pm »

@griff hey pssst a scum IC is a thing here. *goes back to bed*
I know, and this is quite possibly why I am getting the impression.

I have mixed feelings but the most prevalent one is feeling like a degenerate for reading into the replacement. Ehhh moonlit jumped to number two. Fm bailed out and so is MS potentially
Looking through his other posts, he quit /everything/ in quite the rush so I wouldn't let it change your read...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18