Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First successful fort!  (Read 5073 times)

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First successful fort!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 09:39:14 pm »

Did you remember to cut the gems before trading them? :O
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Kazul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 12:02:39 am »

Yeah my gem cutter stays busy.  :)

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 07:38:05 am »

Gem cutters are awesome. I have five legendary miners (and about ten common ones) mining around the clock, and six smelters on constant operation to process all the output, not to mention all the useless rock; but I only need one single gem cutter to handle all the sparkly stuff that gets mined. Oh, gem cutter! Financier of all my trade! Raiser of fortress value! Creator of useless but highly marketable goods!  :o
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Kazul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 03:17:16 am »

I made it past my first year!  I finally got my hospital setup when I noticed it was spring again.  That means I made it past my first year.  Shortly after that I got a huge wave of migrants which was kind of awesome because my idlers are now military people ^^;

I've got 5 legendary people now, a stonecrafter, an armorer, a miner, a weaponsmith and i think a carpenter.

Kazul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 07:44:29 am »

I was digging my central staircase a bit farther down and have discovered my fort sits atop this huge multi z-level cavern.  I'm curious how I mine these gems that are in the wall of the cavern.  There is no way to get to it it is all open space in between.

Twobeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of the Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 08:31:20 am »

mt current mayor has had a baby nearly every year since the start of my fort...
I have a 15 year old fort with a mayor that has bee the popular reigning mayor for at least 10 of those years. The damn breeder has like 14 kids. LIVING kids. bah. That fort has kidsplosion though. I honestly think there is a a ratio of like 1:2 children to adults with the child ration rising every calamity. with 240 dwarves in the damn place. Ive actually hit the child cap. 100 dwarvenkids.
A leg of ham, a jug of beer and thou besides me, whistling in the darkness.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 10:05:36 am »

I was digging my central staircase a bit farther down and have discovered my fort sits atop this huge multi z-level cavern.  I'm curious how I mine these gems that are in the wall of the cavern.  There is no way to get to it it is all open space in between.
You can construct staircases from above to below. It's a fudge Toady put in before he implements ropes or something more appropriate, but when he'll ever get to that is completely unknown - most likely way far in the future.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_LEARN] [MAGICAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 10:36:59 am »

"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
I laughed at this. Sigged!
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9079/1278257725299.jpg
Pages: 1 [2]