Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hilarious Fortress destruction.  (Read 1184 times)

DorfMan234

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Hilarious Fortress destruction.
« on: July 10, 2020, 10:02:44 pm »

Thought I would share how one of my recent forts was destroyed. The fortress of Bookfountain, the name was selected by me as I was wanting to construct a great library. One of the visitors to my tavern was an "Ettin Void Slayer". Yes, an intelligent undead Ettin. An oh s*** moment for sure. Then I noticed he ignored other Dwarves and the Human merchants camped outside and I thought "Hey, maybe this guy won't be so bad". There wasn't much I could have done otherwise anyway, he would have just parked himself at the maps edge forever had I locked the door. So I let him in. His friendliness was all a ruse of course. He promptly went on a killing spree that my 5 military dwarves were powerless to stop due to him being basically invincible. To make matters worse, i had recently retired a human necromancer adventurer at this same fort. Cue 60+ dead dwarves being all raised as "Cursed Ones" only to be struck down again. And again, and again. Finally, to top off the chaos, a vampire took advantage of the confusion to suck a bone carver dry. Had to abandon it because this would probably have gone on forever otherwise.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Fortress destruction.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 03:58:53 am »

...Well, that's certainly one way to lose a fort. :P

If it was abandoned, consider spamming embarks of heavily-armed soldiers. It'll probably take a load of tries and many deaths, but chances are you'll pulp/cut apart enough of them (or that enough'll gradually move away) that you can reclaim properly. Maybe. Losing is Fun, after all.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 10:22:25 am »

> i had recently retired a human necromancer adventurer

What is this sorcery?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 12:36:21 pm »

> i had recently retired a human necromancer adventurer

What is this sorcery?

Choose the retire option from the escape menu in adventure mode, while at the fort you want the character at.  To get a necromancer in the first place go steal or otherwise read a slab.  Necromancers in towers will usually have one.  Of course getting in and out can be easier said than done.  Since you can't raise your abilities after becoming a necro you want to max them before doing so (and you will probably need to anyway if you want to get in and out of a necro tower).