Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 141431 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2014, 01:48:04 pm »

Didn't realize this had been updated to 40.xx, cool.

Does claiming your own site still cause critters to multiply like crazy?
Looks like not. Though havent tested very much.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2014, 02:23:12 pm »

Updated step-by-step guide.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2014, 03:20:17 pm »

Updated step-by-step guide.

Smiley begone! :) 8) :P

(it's in attachments and other options)
()==[:::::::::::::>

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2014, 12:12:22 am »

Smiley begone! :) 8) :P

(it's in attachments and other options)

XD I'll leave it as a joke I guess.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2014, 03:04:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So this is the current results of the tree house, I move from building bridges to building paved roads in the air for sense of saving lumber, then gone and use 7 logs to build a companion walkway after seeing them have pathing issues...
Kinda fell off twice when I screw up and mistook a bridge tile as a floor tile, oh and the Great Wolf is a companion I pick up after seeing one wasn't attacking my companions but was caked in reptilemen blood so he must have earn trust in the group, The Wolf is also named Eleraomula which translates into "Fingersprinkled"

Figured if I dump all my stats in climbing I could have build a giant tower where the only entrance is through a series of jumps and platforming though then again wonder if it's

hmm uhh there a case where a demon might pop up in your bed room if you sleep in there so watch out.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2014, 09:15:36 am »

So this is the current results of the tree house, I move from building bridges to building paved roads in the air for sense of saving lumber, then gone and use 7 logs to build a companion walkway after seeing them have pathing issues...
Kinda fell off twice when I screw up and mistook a bridge tile as a floor tile, oh and the Great Wolf is a companion I pick up after seeing one wasn't attacking my companions but was caked in reptilemen blood so he must have earn trust in the group, The Wolf is also named Eleraomula which translates into "Fingersprinkled"

Figured if I dump all my stats in climbing I could have build a giant tower where the only entrance is through a series of jumps and platforming though then again wonder if it's

hmm uhh there a case where a demon might pop up in your bed room if you sleep in there so watch out.

The wolf, is it now one of your companions and if so, how did you manage that?  I tried taming a boar with the tame animal skill but no dice

update:

ok, did all the updating to include the item advfort_items.lua.  Have done so on both the LNP and the regular Phoebus package.  Whenever I build a workshop and try to save or exit an area it crashes the game now.  Doesn't seem to matter what kind of workshop(have tried carpenter's and craftsdwarfs).  Done this now on 3 different installs to make sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong.  When saving it hangs up on the saving jobs part then crashes.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:43:27 pm by corrosivechains »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2014, 07:03:55 pm »

The wolf, is it now one of your companions and if so, how did you manage that?  I tried taming a boar with the tame animal skill but no dice

update:

ok, did all the updating to include the item advfort_items.lua.  Have done so on both the LNP and the regular Phoebus package.  Whenever I build a workshop and try to save or exit an area it crashes the game now.  Doesn't seem to matter what kind of workshop(have tried carpenter's and craftsdwarfs).  Done this now on 3 different installs to make sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong.  When saving it hangs up on the saving jobs part then crashes.
dfhack dfusion I didn't mess with the tame option since well tame units don't act docile in adventure mode, because the hostile AI is triggered by Civ _ids in that mode.
the wolf kinda was docile already so it's just a matter of making it follow me around.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2014, 08:53:01 am »

ok, did all the updating to include the item advfort_items.lua.  Have done so on both the LNP and the regular Phoebus package.  Whenever I build a workshop and try to save or exit an area it crashes the game now
The advfort.lua file size was also different from previous I think (that or the file size was different because I pasted into a file). So make sure you update that as well. That said, I haven't given the workshop a try since the update.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2014, 09:22:58 am »

ok, did all the updating to include the item advfort_items.lua.  Have done so on both the LNP and the regular Phoebus package.  Whenever I build a workshop and try to save or exit an area it crashes the game now
The advfort.lua file size was also different from previous I think (that or the file size was different because I pasted into a file). So make sure you update that as well. That said, I haven't given the workshop a try since the update.

Hmm is that always the case? i mean the crashing. Btw i try to version it now (first few lines have a version and sort-of changelog).

Anyway my plan was to perform debugging now. Maybe add in new jobs slowly because next big feature would take a lot of time.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2014, 10:28:06 am »

Yeah on both.  I did the fresh installs following your directions Isher, and even tested trying to remove the advfort_items.lua while keeping the updated advfort.lua, which only netted error messages in DFHack.  And the crashing for me at least always seems to be the case.  I tested it in various areas as well.  Tried in both a Dwarven hill hamlet as well as a Human hamlet(since they're established sites), out in the wilderness without claiming a site, and after claiming my own site.  I also tested these all with both the Carpenter's and Craftsdwarf's workshops.  When saving it always crashed at the "Saving Jobs" phase.  When exiting a loaded area and entering a new zone, it also crashes.  I even flagged both the dwarf fortress.exe and dfhack-run.exe with large address aware, to no avail.

Polemicist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2014, 12:39:47 pm »

I'm having the SAME exact crash!

Did another fresh install, generated a new world (again), and I'm crashing whenever I sleep or leave the area after constructing something. The hangup freezes at 'Offloading area'.

Mod is unplayable for me unfortunately at the moment! Bummed! :(

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2014, 02:41:24 pm »

I'm having the SAME exact crash!

Did another fresh install, generated a new world (again), and I'm crashing whenever I sleep or leave the area after constructing something. The hangup freezes at 'Offloading area'.

Mod is unplayable for me unfortunately at the moment! Bummed! :(

Not to sound callous but I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one.  Was beginning to think it was just me, but not stressing it too much since it's a work in progress

edit: sleeping hasn't been a problem for me though

Polemicist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2014, 08:15:17 pm »

Evidently there's a problem with sleep related crashes in 40.19 anyhow, only I don't seem to get them unless Advfort is installed.

And yeah man, it doesn't sound callous at all. Only human. You want to ensure this isn't just some obscure weird problem related to just your system. I was in the same boat.

What's the best way we can help? Do you boys want a crash log or some such?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2014, 11:00:11 pm »

doesn't advfort boot up a warning saying you need to be in looking/advmode to use? and bringing up the sleep menu prevents you from doing so?
Wait where are you guys building? are you building in sites or off sites?
Because I notice sleeping/traveling outside of player forts work fine, doing so in any place else will revert all constructions, minding,deconstructions you do to the land, but not buildings?
then again I'm using dfhack vanilla on a modded 40.19 so maybe vanilla might be borked, or what ever version of Dfhack you guys use has an additional tweak that breaks?

Wait no I remember I just grab advfort.lua(and dump it into gui folder) from warmist and not attempted with the other stuff, that should work. maybe grabbing warmist experimental workshop raws might be buggin Dwarf fortress out.
the only bugged stuff with advfort I notice is you can't do jobs like mechanisms or tanning let alone kennel stuff.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Polemicist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2014, 11:18:54 pm »

I think that's just a constraint of adv mode right now! All that stuff reverts. I'm sure eventually Toady will make those changes to adv mode to allow this functionality so until then I don't think it's really a possibility to save terrain changes you do in adv mode. Yeah, I'm just gunna grab that older version for now!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31