Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 540979 times)

destroythecore

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3330 on: December 24, 2015, 02:11:08 am »

Not sure if crazy but Qud is somewhat-sort of feeling like Adom to me.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: December 24, 2015, 07:28:06 am »

I think ranks on stasis grenades only affect duration. But they're all good, as they create a 3*3 force wall that traps things inside it. Wonderful for getting away or setting a trap.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: December 24, 2015, 10:24:04 pm »

Or... perhaps, dealing with slumberlings.
If they weren't so fast.

Make a land mine out of one, yeah.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: December 28, 2015, 08:51:10 am »

*The Mechanimist officially welcome you to the Six Day Stilt! Come marvel at the cathedral, shop at the Great Bazaar, and honor Glorious Shekhinah!
*The Mechanimist zealot in Joppa now gives a quest to see the Six Day Stilt.
*The zealot was given more dialog.
*New possible Stiltgrounds merchant shop: exotic liquids.
*The Stilt merchant faction politics have changed a little.
*The Mechanimists no longer admire the Wardens Esther by default.
*Everything inside the Stiltground tents now belongs to the Stiltground merchants.
*A wrought iron fence now surrounds the Mechanimist graveyard.
*There's now a saltstone path that leads from the Stilt entrance area through the graveyard.
*Drinking or pouring from a liquid container that belongs to someone else now angers the owner.
*The Use key now examines statues and reliefs.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: December 30, 2015, 11:25:45 pm »

in other news... my level 10 tinker seemed rather tough with his carbide flaming long sword and dual wielded steel long sword, plus a wide assortment of grenades(plus shotgun and grenade launcher), so I decide to go explore that mushroom village place.

Oh, nice and nice and calm!

Hello, goatfolk pariah!

"Hello, goatfolk pariah!"
"Do not call me that?"
"Why?"
"We must fight!"

Courtesy of a fullerite axe, my tinker loses half of his HP. I try to use force bubble to prevent that from happening again while I plan my next move.
Then my character died before putting up the bubble.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Beggars` Sect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: December 31, 2015, 07:13:48 am »

Happy New Year! to folks at Freehold and fellow wanderers.

My suggestion for a NY resolution for unormal: "I will finally sort out the Humble version/store page"

(you promised mate!)

Also, a curious inquiry: in the olden ASCII beta it was possible to get the fonts to display at a super-sharp level. The current one (well, my ancient "current one") is okay-ish, the CRT-look kind of amusing but do you have any plans to add some gfx options, like the "sharp" fonts, and maybe get rid of the letterbox at some stage?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: December 31, 2015, 08:27:47 am »

>Reading this thread as if it was brand new. Really interested to see people's opinions.
>2010.

Oh.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: December 31, 2015, 03:17:06 pm »

Happy New Year! to folks at Freehold and fellow wanderers.

My suggestion for a NY resolution for unormal: "I will finally sort out the Humble version/store page"

(you promised mate!)

Also, a curious inquiry: in the olden ASCII beta it was possible to get the fonts to display at a super-sharp level. The current one (well, my ancient "current one") is okay-ish, the CRT-look kind of amusing but do you have any plans to add some gfx options, like the "sharp" fonts, and maybe get rid of the letterbox at some stage?

Haha, don't worry, Humble's also bugging me to finish it. ;)

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: January 03, 2016, 05:14:43 pm »

"Nary a scholar knows who composes the Annals of Qud or when the chronicling began. But the Quantivists devised a way to entangle their own pages with the offical ledger, allowing them to insert themselves into the histories in a favorable light. A few such pages remain."

*New item: Scrodinger page from the Annals of Qud. The page is from either a random chapter or, more rarely, a chapter of your choosing.
*The unique monster builder now increases the level of the base monster when building a unique. This means that the Consider function, the part of the monster's description that estimates its difficulty, is now more accurate for unique monsters.
*The faction encounters were tweaked so that aggro, out-of-depth faction leaders don't spawn between Joppa and Red Rock, in Red Rock, or in the rust wells.
*The maps between Joppa and Redrock were changed to watervine marshes in accordance with their tile on the world map.
*Added a helpful sign outside Argyve's hut.
*Moved the starting tile in Joppa one square north. The old starting tile was OP.
*Changed the base demeanor of waydroids to aggressive.
*Replaced the scrap shovelers in the Temple of the Rock with reprogrammed scrap shovelers that are loyal to the Mechanimists.
*The Manual Equip menu now has a scrollable indicator arrow.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: January 04, 2016, 07:36:11 pm »

Bought this during the winter sales on steam and I've been having a blast. Still dying tons and trying to figure things out though.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: January 09, 2016, 06:50:32 am »

So I made an esper and had both Proselytize and Beguile. I made 2 goats into allies and they were really useful for a while. Eventually I tried destroying webs blocking my way using their help. After hitting the web a few times I was feared by dreadroots right into the web. The two goats did not stop attacking the web I was tangled in :|

My two goat friends helped me to death.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: January 10, 2016, 08:27:15 am »

*We've expanded support for mods.
-Mods are now loaded out of folders following the pattern %savepath%\Mods\{name of the mod}
-Mods support an optional config.json file. All fields are optional. Here's the template:

"config":
{
"id":"{id}",
loadorder:{n}
}

'id' defaults to the folder name.
'loadorder' defaults to 0. Mods with lower loadorder load first. Mods with equal loadorder are loaded in alphabetical order.
-Mods support .png format tiles in the \Textures\ subfolder
-Mods support the following data files, which are loaded additively.
Books.xml
BuildingTiles.txt
Conversations.xml
EncounterTables.xml
ObjectBlueprints.xml
PopulationTables.xml
Quests.xml
Worlds.xml
-If two entries share an ID, the one loaded later overwrites the earlier one.
-You can now assign the Load="Merge" property on an encounter table or object blueprint in a mod. For example, <object Name="Snapjaw Scavanger" Load="Merge">. This property causes the table or object to be merged into an existing definition, if one exists, instead of overwriting it.
*You can no longer pick up the Sacred Well and walk away with it.
*When you kill a unique creature, you now correctly lose reputation with factions that admired the creature.
*The grammar of generated sentences was improved, though there's still some work left. Please keep posting grammar mistakes and misspellings in the forums.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: January 13, 2016, 07:20:31 pm »

Huh. I got a Metamorphic Polygel. What should I use it on?
Generic Arms Race.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: January 13, 2016, 09:33:07 pm »

What does it do?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: January 13, 2016, 09:39:22 pm »

Oh hi mafia moderator.

It replicates whatever item its used on, but only works once.

Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 250