Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 79350 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #465 on: June 01, 2015, 11:34:50 am »

"Hasala Nabin, commander of Snapdragon, here. We've got three dead, two permanently; three others crippled but alive. Lars, Flint, and Yaroslav Vetrov are all separated from the rest of the team. Lars' battlesuit is damaged and almost immobile, Yaroslav was engaging the giant worm, though he appears to have stopped firing... Flint is underground, somewhere. The rest of the team is in the remaining jeep and headed west, away from the worm.

There's only one worm, as far as we can tell, though given its size, length, and the Haebi's ability to adapt, it's likely immune to most weapons, at this point, and capable of killing anything with less armour than a battlesuit instantly. Advise not engaging unless you brought more heavy weapons."

Good news already, it seems.

"We have no heavy weapons, and there are five of us in total, with simple guns, a kinetic amp or two and some blades. Do not expect much fire support. Be ready to escape, get the people together. Maybe clear a landing area. There are not going to be more shuttles as far as I know. Best to be here as short time as possible."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 01, 2015, 11:40:24 am »

Fuck, guys I think we need to just get extraction and go. I, personally don't want to die
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #467 on: June 01, 2015, 11:55:58 am »

((Ah, kinda sad he died. I kinda wish I had attacked the worm sooner so I could save him.))

The most sensible thing it seems that you could do right now, if you want to engage the critter, is to burrow straight back up through the rock and engage it on the surface.
Run away and leave my teammates to die? Never!
Besides, why try to cut through hard rock when you can cut through soft flesh?
You could theoretically fit inside it...maybe. It's quite thick but you're not really sure how big the insidey bits are. It appears to be covered in some kind of carapace, but you don't know its properties.

Uh, I didn't assume you're on the worm because, well, the cave straight up isn't large enough for you to just nicely drop down onto the worm's back and ride it out like a subway train. This thing is more burrowing through stone and the cave rather then just following the cave out.
Ah, I think I see the problem then. And the solution. Now there's the question of which weapon to choose... The carapace could be immune to energy weapons like plasma and I currently lack kinetic weapons... But, as they say, there's no problem that cannot be solved via space magic!

"Oh, I see! Running away, eh?! You yellow bastard! I'm going to give you what's coming to you."

Switch Rainbow Cannon to Green Shotgun. It fires green light that creates spheres that dissolve stuff, so its space-magicky nature should be something the planet has not encountered while we're here and should be able to get through any armour the worm has (be it anti-kinetic or anti-energy) more easily.

Be on the lookout for things that could attack me, try to attack them before they attack me.

Try to run either towards the front of the brain section of the worm or its back, preferably the front if I can make it relatively quickly. No need to go all the way there if I can't make it, around 20 metres should be enough, unless my cameyes can identify the brain and tell me I should go further away.

Once there, find a good spot for cutting with cameyes and use liberal application of Rapid Fire Rainbow Cannon and Continuous Fire Mining Laser to cut through it. All the way through. If my green balls are not enough to defeat the giant alien worm's armour alone, use them in combination with punching, kinamp-punching, overdrive mode kinamp punching, overdrive mode pushing the pieces apart, anime-style super fast punches, whatever I can/seems more likely to work. Try not to damage the brain, if possible.

If my green balls were enough to defeat the giant alien worm's armour, inspect the current situation. What's inside the worm? Can I see the brain? What's the worm doing?

My intention is to reduce its functionality and gain more intel and options. By cutting through it, I can see what's inside it, fire inside it and see if there's a brain in there and an easy way to retrieve. By cutting its back, I can reduce its mobility and give myself an anchor point I could use to ride it out. By cutting its front, I am forcing it to stop (since if it kept moving it could result to damage to the brain) and separating the front from the brain.

If at any point it looks like I'm about to die, as my final action try to fire several rapid fire blue lightning bolts (hopefully it will remain active after my death) or detonate my claymores or whatever else I can attack with close to the point where the nerves entered the worm and thus its armour should have a few holes.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:53:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 01, 2015, 12:04:16 pm »

((Nvm, wrong post.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 01, 2015, 12:10:33 pm »

"I hear you, Commander Hasala.  May Ingram guide my shots!"

Brace down.  Get a fix on its head-analogue and fire the Gauss Cannon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 01, 2015, 12:53:03 pm »

RESCUE TEAM
Much like the other rescue team, you're now coming in towards the planet and there's a question of whether or not you think a player should drive the shuttle or if you should leave it up to the standard rolls.

Oh and steve tells you about the worm and warns you to try not to fly directly into its mouth.

Assuming direct control, with 'experience' flying ships. That may or may not have been on fire or falling from the sky. I blame Jack. I think it was his fault. Probably.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:56:56 pm by Kriellya »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 01, 2015, 05:04:30 pm »

"I got grenades too, if that helps. Prolly won't do much against that worm, though."

Gus disables his radio, and turns to his teammates.

"Once we land... Should wait for the stragglers, like that Flint guy? Or are we jus' gonna leave with whoever's there?"

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 01, 2015, 05:13:55 pm »

Elias tries to figure out how to communicate with the ground team. If he doesn't manage to guess how to, ask Chief how she did it. If he does figure it out without help, silently congratulate himself on successfully hiding his incompetence. Afterwards, ask the ground team about their current situation.

Snapdragon Team, the shuttle should arrive soon. Anyone on the surface mind explaining the situation down there to us? I've heard something about a worm, but otherwise I've been told nothing about the current situation.

He turns to Gus.

The planet may force us to leave before everyone can board the shuttle, but I doubt we'll abandon someone for the hell of it.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 01, 2015, 05:16:54 pm »

Also, if we're listing weapons, I have a microwave psychokinetic amplifier. I'm not exactly an expert on using it, but it might be useful.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 01, 2015, 07:13:49 pm »

Also, if we're listing weapons, I have a microwave psychokinetic amplifier. I'm not exactly an expert on using it, but it might be useful.
I have a laser rifle with a bayonet on it and a microwave oven turned into a microwave blunderbuss....I guess we could make popcorn if we wish
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 01, 2015, 09:04:40 pm »

I have a laser rifle with a bayonet on it and a microwave oven turned into a microwave blunderbuss....I guess we could make popcorn if we wish

No offense, but I doubt a repurposed rad-oven is going to be all that useful. Anyhow, what's it like down there? I'd appreciate a rough headcount, if possible. It might also help if you piled up the dead, so they're easier to get aboard the shuttle quickly. If you can see the worm from your position, it wouldn't hurt if you could give us a quick description

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 01, 2015, 09:10:27 pm »

Stay in Jeep.

"... Well, glad he didn't accept. I'm gonna stay with the jeep for now. I'm only carrying close combat weapons, though."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 01, 2015, 10:05:10 pm »

"There's no holding back against this thing."
Quote from: Lyra to Snapdragon
Amp?

Quote from: Flint
No Communication
Quote from: Lyra to Flint
Brain?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:06:41 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 01, 2015, 10:07:29 pm »

No offense, but I doubt a repurposed rad-oven is going to be all that useful. Anyhow, what's it like down there? I'd appreciate a rough headcount, if possible. It might also help if you piled up the dead, so they're easier to get aboard the shuttle quickly. If you can see the worm from your position, it wouldn't hurt if you could give us a quick description
two perma dead, three are uninjured, I think, one is underground, another unable to move. The rest of us are wounded. I can fight on if needed. It's just a missing eye.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2015, 10:21:00 pm »

Hasala ignores the requests to repeat information he'd already shared.

Quote from: Lyra to Snapdragon
Amp?
"If you want to try, you can. It's a distant target, though, and from a moving vehicle..."

"Konrad, take us south-southeast, please. Through that valley over there*. Lars, Flint, we're headed to a spot several map tiles south of your position. Try to make your way there on your own, if you can."

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51