Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 7382 times)

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (7/7)
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2024, 02:18:59 pm »

Oliverz144: Do you have a specific reason as to why you don't post often?
Sofanthiel: Do you think this will turn out just like Max Jack Knightwing?
Hii, its quite the opposite, I used to post a lot with few words... i might try to change that here ;)

I will inspect as mafia.

Max, which of your moods do we get to enjoy this game, and what do you think of a nightless game, does it give advantages or disadvantages to either side?

NJW, how would you pick who to vig today, if you had a vig option?

Qua, how would you pick who to protect today, if you had a protect option?

CM, do you think this will turn out like Max Jack Knightwing?  (Feel free to answer after Sof answers you, if you choose)

Oliv, you think someone is scummy, and you can vig them, but it will take you two days of being alive to do it; set up target today, they die end of tomorrow if you're still alive then.  Nobody else has talked about what you think are the person's scum tells yet, but you're town and most people think that other person seems townie.  How would you handle this?  Keep your suspicions to yourself and work on the vig?  Discuss your ideas even though nobody else seems to see what you see?  Do something else?

sof, do you think a really weird playstyle from players will help or harm town in a game like this?

ergh if i have to say how i should (and perhaps would) act, then i would publicly voice my scumread, with my reasoning, half tunnel it, vote it, maybe repeat it some times but if i dont get any traction over the first half of the day, i would perhaps give it up and put it away to the vig
but i would use such vig on some not solveable low-poster to be honest, like a wild card yk? except of course in this scenario widely townread nh stuff... yeah thats a fun question...

i just joined and i will take a look at the other posts here... =)
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2024, 03:06:01 pm »

Anybody have any kills they wanna claim?
How about you, Quarque?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2024, 03:09:09 pm »

nope

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2024, 03:16:35 pm »

Max: Deja vu much?

Imp: have we left RVS?

Quarque: how confident are you about the CrystallisedMire vote?
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2024, 03:17:04 pm »

By the way, Imp: I would normally say that Nightless with day-actions is mildly scum-sided, since players will have less information when taking their actions. We can mitigate this slightly with coordination, but there's no salve for the fact that you won't know the lynch flip until the moment your action takes place.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2024, 03:37:26 pm »

Quarque: how confident are you about the CrystallisedMire vote?
Enough to leave my vote where it is for now. That weird story about Imp I quoted last didn't make it better. The entire interaction with Sofanthiel has been odd, short as it was.

Spin, what RVS question would annoy you the most right now?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2024, 03:47:36 pm »

Spin, what RVS question would annoy you the most right now?
A solid effort! But I'm pretty chill right now, you're gonna have to try harder.
Maybe ask something really generic and stupid about tedious mechanical arguments like whether cops should fakeclaim miller or something.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2024, 03:50:09 pm »

Claiming I don't have a kill.

Imp: have we left RVS?

NJW, me, yes.  I try to play from the start most games anyway.  Us all:

I think you, me, Max, and Qua are playing serious, accounting for style differences, which is essentially out of RVS.

sof, CM, Oliv are more uncontrolled, RVS or anything, they don't have a rudder yet.

i just joined and i will take a look at the other posts here... =)

Oliv, awesome.  It's crazy early, but what do you think about what each of us 6 is trying to do so far?  Is anyone trying to do anything specific that you can tell?

And what stands out so far about each of us?  What have you already noticed about the other players in game with you?

CM, what do you think Qua should do next, if Qua is town?  What Qua should do next, if Qua is scum?

Qua, presuming CM is scum, and we agree to vote CM for today; let's pretend 4 of us say "right, we're ready, that's the vote" - how should we spend the rest of the day?  Should we hammer, if so why; should we try to find a partner, if so, how?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2024, 04:04:24 pm »

CM, what do you think Qua should do next, if Qua is town?  What Qua should do next, if Qua is scum?
If Quarque is town, my flip won't do anything but incriminate them since I don't have any teammates so they should try to find scum elsewhere. I think Quarque has a chance of being town because that justification doesn't seem to be made on the spot but I find their attack weird. If Quarque is scum, they should probably ask why Maximum Spin voted them. Speaking of which...
How about you, Quarque?
Why kills?
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2024, 04:13:40 pm »

Qua, presuming CM is scum, and we agree to vote CM for today; let's pretend 4 of us say "right, we're ready, that's the vote" - how should we spend the rest of the day?  Should we hammer, if so why; should we try to find a partner, if so, how?
Yeah hammer bad and more info good. As I said I do have an idea who their partner might be but I don't have brilliant ideas how to fish for more, except see below.

how should we spend the rest of the day?
We should give the most quiet players plenty of space to speak more and be careful not to let their posts go unnoticed to others in the midst of idle chatter.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2024, 04:17:27 pm »

Why kills?
Don't you think it's important to find out? Somebody's going to be doing some killing, probably more than one someone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2024, 05:08:08 pm »

Quarque, the days are too short for subtle stuff or waiting to see things develop.

A very early case, on dubious grounds, held quite firmly. This is exactly what happened in Armed Forces when Quarque was scum… and nothing like their play in the last game as Town.

Probably not much more to add before bed. Will be online for end of day though.
One wheel short of a wagon

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2024, 05:35:12 pm »

Why kills?
Don't you think it's important to find out? Somebody's going to be doing some killing, probably more than one someone.
okay, but do you think that people will admit to having a kill?

I feel like Quarque started with someone to be eliminated and used evidence to support their stance but I can't figure out why they want me to be eliminated except for this:
Quarque — 02/10/2024 6:43 PM
Said this before, but I'll say it again. CM is a deceptively good town player as well. All of their eod votes have been on the money.
Quarque also reacted negatively to this post:
Quarque: what do you think of Imp's claim that they'll inspect as mafia?
I think it is a pretty good sign. Making a miller claim as mafia is a bold strategy that I can barely imagine Imp doing.
I think that if we have any reason to suspect Imp, we should find their scum partner first since if we choose to track Imp, their scum partner will perform the kill instead. Of course, this is assuming mafia isn't just one person.
Quarque: Care to explain why?
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2024, 05:40:49 pm »

Are there hammers in this game?
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2024, 05:57:22 pm »

It honestly looked weird to me because it's such a strange reasoning.

Is there anyone else you suspect CM?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20