Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926402 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1395 on: November 09, 2012, 05:32:30 pm »

DOOM 95 which actually works on this computer, and with better graphics. then again, with better graphics, it may lose it's charm...

I loved the fuck outta that game.

I made these about 5 years ago.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Somebody launched a DoomHD project, found my Cacodemon, and awkwardly rigged it in.

I agreed to help him with his project, developing a more suitable render style and animation frames for the Cacodemon, before moving on to even more monsters.  Then life happened and I didn't get very far.  I love Doom dearly as well, and fully intend to return to this one day.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 09, 2012, 06:03:22 pm »

The graphics remind me of the High Resolution Pack for Duke Nukem 3D for some reason.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 09, 2012, 06:14:40 pm »

The graphics remind me of the High Resolution Pack for Duke Nukem 3D for some reason.

I looked it up.  That was amusing :P

Mine would be different, though.  I would use hi-res sprites instead of 3d models.  The major problem with that screenshot is he's using a render I made for showing off the model in my portfolio, not for actually incorporating into anything... not to mention he only has the one view.  I need to render out all the various animation frames.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 09, 2012, 07:06:14 pm »

I am incredibly sick of the so-called-realism fad in fps games.  I can't wait for it to go away, assuming it ever will.  It deserves some space in the industry for sure, but there's no reason for 90% of the genre to be counter-terrorism themed or modeled after ____ war of the 20th century.

Quite. There's only one champion fit for that throne.  :P

That aside, what bothers me more than the rapid deaths or pseudorealism in the Call of Battlefield sorts of FPS is the pure lack of thought. It's been reduced entirely to reflexes and willingness to camp like a bastard for every kill. That's a good part of why I've stuck with Counterstrike (and to a certain extent, Day of Defeat) for so long: There's a degree of careful planning and thought that makes a player good. You still need reflexes, certainly, but being able to predict and counteract enemy actions and positioning is key.

Incidentally, what I'd love to see? SS13 from a first-person perspective. Half the fun of things like TTT comes from the fact that you don't know what you're going to see if you open a door, or if somebody is sneaking up on you while you try to hide a body. Though admittedly that's one of the smallest things that turns me off on SS13.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 09, 2012, 11:11:21 pm »

-snip-
-snip- SS13

SS13 as a standalone game would be nice. The BYOND software is laggy, unintuitive, and requires an account at their website.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 09, 2012, 11:33:49 pm »

Economic sim where you manager of a weapon producing company. Design and sell weapons from smallarms to aircrafts to battleships (whatever field of expertise you choose)

This game should have live and developing world around it, with it's wars, revolutions, technological advancement. Not only your company make you rich, but weapons you produce change the world around like AK47 did

Start from something like 1850s to to the current level of military tech and beyond
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 09, 2012, 11:36:18 pm »

Economic sim where you manager of a weapon producing company.

You'll enjoy "Sword Merchants" by Gil Hova Games when it comes out then. ;D
It's a board game, of course, but is EXACTLY what you describe.

In a faraway land, the Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Hobgoblins stand on the brink of war. After years of failed peace negotiations, they have finally decided to take up arms and stand ready to fight. Which is great news for you. Because you'll be selling them their weapons. Sword Merchants is an economic game set in a fantasy land, where players manufacture four different weapons and sell them to various warring races. Demand for each type of weapon will differ throughout the game, but a well-crafted weapon will last longer. The more weapons that are sold to a particular region, the more likely that region will go to war. On each turn, players can forge weapons, equip an army (which gets them money), buy craft (to build better weapons), or take a Kingdom Card (for special powers). Players earn money for equipping armies. It's permitted (and encouraged) to sell your weapons to both sides of the same battle. The more armies that are equipped in a specific battlefield, the more likely that battlefield will erupt into war. Armies risk being defeated in a battle, but surviving armies earn money for surviving. After all, someone has to get paid for sharpening all those weapons... The player with the most money at the end of the game wins.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 09, 2012, 11:57:16 pm »

It's close, but it's miss design part... and company part

I want to run my own Colt, Junkers or Mitsubishi
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 10, 2012, 12:41:20 am »

It's close, but it's miss design part... and company part

I want to run my own Colt, Junkers or Mitsubishi

Limitations of a board game, I'm afraid.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1404 on: November 11, 2012, 05:10:10 pm »

Economic sim where you manager of a weapon producing company. Design and sell weapons from smallarms to aircrafts to battleships (whatever field of expertise you choose)

This game should have live and developing world around it, with it's wars, revolutions, technological advancement. Not only your company make you rich, but weapons you produce change the world around like AK47 did

Start from something like 1850s to to the current level of military tech and beyond
Check out Starship Corporation. You design and sell space ships. It's under independent development.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 11, 2012, 07:05:50 pm »

Check out Starship Corporation. You design and sell space ships. It's under independent development.

I backed it and have it.  When I last fiddled with whatever it was the guy had released, it was "ok."  There were a few bug-type issues, but the core problem was that the ship design spec was impossible.

The tools were neat though, if a little tricky to figure out how to do certain things (I'm still not sure if I ever figured out how to delete a room once it was built).

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 10, 2012, 02:42:07 am »

A Half-Life 2 mod depicting the Combine invasion of Earth (the Seven Hour War).
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 10, 2012, 03:52:10 am »

A Warhammer 40K grand strategy game.

That is all.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 10, 2012, 03:56:06 am »

That is all.
You mean something like Hearts of Iron or Europa Universalis?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 10, 2012, 04:09:14 am »

That is all.
You mean something like Hearts of Iron or Europa Universalis?
Preferably Hearts of Iron since it's more combat based, but yeah. Although admittedly it'd probably end up being more of a cross between a 4X game and a grand strategy game.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 577