Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926533 times)

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2355 on: May 26, 2013, 04:37:33 pm »

The metroid universe could work as a Rougelike-either top down or platformer. Which is best, however, is another question.

I suppose you could use a DNA copying (X) or life-form absorbing (Ing) species as the protagonist to make an excuse for EXP in a game series centered around obtaining items through exploration. An excuse for getting abilities from creatures rather than powerups.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: May 26, 2013, 05:16:29 pm »

Basic game universe I'm working on:

7 worlds; each with 6 towers (dungeons...) that link to another world.

The towers are the source of all magical (and technological) power, exploiting the potential energy between the worlds.

Each world will have 2 of 14 heros, but only 2 can be in/from another world at a time (until the end game).

In the end game (spoiler) the towers fail, and the big bad collects massive energy from the collapse, and all the worlds hodge-podge together in a massive disaster. Wizards and Robots living together, mass hysteria; and you have to collect your party all over again after a time-skip, like the midpoint of Final Fantasy F3/6
So it's like Stephen King's The Dark Tower (sort of)?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: May 27, 2013, 03:03:07 pm »

This one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: May 27, 2013, 05:00:10 pm »

I wouldn't mind a 1 v (number between 4 and 12) type of mafia game, but something like this:

In a 12 player game, there is:
1 Enemy. The Enemy has three "magical" or "heretical" abilities, one choice and two random. Some can only be randomly taken.
2 Psionics. These are similar to the enemy, but all of their abilities are random rather than chosen. They are magic, but aren't killing people.
9 Humans. Humans get no abilities.
---
Also:
For every 3 players, one will be chosen as a VP, or Valuable Player. Valuable Players have abilities  picked at random such as having actions at night, having extra day-actions, or other abilities such as surviving attacks.

For every 6 players, one is chosen as a Hunter. Hunters are special VPs that have a gun, body armor, and limited magical powers, and are the main enemy for the Enemy. They can always survive one night attack, and can shoot people in the day. There is a chance that their action will be silent, and it won't be known who killed who.

This game breaks the norm in a few ways.
1. Items can be stolen, and roles are not strictly enforced. A random villager could always try and knock out the Hunter and take his gun, and assuming he dosen't get caught then he can shoot anyone he bloody well pleases.
2. The Enemy can engage his powers at any time, but gets to freely try and kill in the night. Night is handled like any other Mafia game, but day is almost open-world. The Enemy's abilities also affect how kills are accomplished, such as an Enemy who can control fire, turn into a hawk, and become invisible could burn someone's house down in the night, or hide, become an invisible hawk, and attack during the Day if people figure them out.
3 Some enemy abilities completely change the game, such as Viral ( all game-mode changers can be selected by the Enemy ) which converts targets into loyal subjects of the Enemy rather than townsfolk.

Basically day is an openworld RPG, and night is abstracted.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: May 28, 2013, 02:08:26 am »

DF-style combat, graphics and open-world exploration similar to Wind Waker except less jagged looking and primarily on land respectively. Zelda-like puzzle dungeony things. Action RPG type inventory stuff. Dying has you either respawn at a "hometown" or at the location of your death(or the entrance to the dungeon), with the latter two requiring a minor penalty, say, pick one item from your inventory to permanently destroy. Travel is facilitated by mounts varying from where you get them - some towns will be lower-tech horses and the like, up to the steampunk era towns with motorbikes or the magical desert towns with inexplicable cogs that you float over as they roll across the sands.

I had a dream about this game last night... :(
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: May 28, 2013, 02:24:36 am »

An RPG with Zelda style combat (target locking, combos, much skill), but with an open-ended sandbox world. And immense level of mobility, going anywhere if you have the right tools (including scaling walls, etc).
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: May 28, 2013, 03:42:02 am »

A strategic FPS game. Each map is in fact a localized "world", like a small region of an MMORPG game. There's two to four small towns (five tiny buildings at the most), each with some services like weapon caches, hospitals, vehicles and a gaggle of NPC guards that may or may not respawn depending on server settings.

Each team ultimately has to gain a certain amount of points. The most direct way to gain points for your team is by killing the other team's players, but this gains a small amount of points and thus isn't really feasible in 500-point matches. This is where the towns come in. Towns have a large number of ways to gain points associated with them.

Capturing a town grants you a moderate amount of points, as well as all the services that particular town has available. If a town is proving too tough to recapture, say if it has an automated turret network, enemy players can deprive the defending team of a town's advantage by destroying the buildings from a distance. Rockets, grenades and bombs can all damage buildings, and once a building is completely leveled it is useless. Destroying structures doesn't directly gain any points, but the team that formerly owned those buildings will lose points for every building destroyed, culminating in a massive deduction if the entire town is lost.

There will also be defense game modes for massive amounts of players, where one team has to defend a sprawling castle laden with turrets, poison gas, secret tunnels and other obstacles while the attacking team has stealth, speed and unpredictability on their side, attacking from aircraft, underground or blowing a hole straight through the castle wall.

Games can be as small as 12 players to as large as 32, with players split between two, three or four teams.

tl;dr Team Fortress 2 plus Star Wars Battlefront plus Command and Conquer plus Havok physics.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: May 28, 2013, 05:09:50 am »

A strategic FPS game. Each map is in fact a localized "world", like a small region of an MMORPG game. There's two to four small towns (five tiny buildings at the most), each with some services like weapon caches, hospitals, vehicles and a gaggle of NPC guards that may or may not respawn depending on server settings.

Each team ultimately has to gain a certain amount of points. The most direct way to gain points for your team is by killing the other team's players, but this gains a small amount of points and thus isn't really feasible in 500-point matches. This is where the towns come in. Towns have a large number of ways to gain points associated with them.

Capturing a town grants you a moderate amount of points, as well as all the services that particular town has available. If a town is proving too tough to recapture, say if it has an automated turret network, enemy players can deprive the defending team of a town's advantage by destroying the buildings from a distance. Rockets, grenades and bombs can all damage buildings, and once a building is completely leveled it is useless. Destroying structures doesn't directly gain any points, but the team that formerly owned those buildings will lose points for every building destroyed, culminating in a massive deduction if the entire town is lost.

There will also be defense game modes for massive amounts of players, where one team has to defend a sprawling castle laden with turrets, poison gas, secret tunnels and other obstacles while the attacking team has stealth, speed and unpredictability on their side, attacking from aircraft, underground or blowing a hole straight through the castle wall.

Games can be as small as 12 players to as large as 32, with players split between two, three or four teams.

tl;dr Team Fortress 2 plus Star Wars Battlefront plus Command and Conquer plus Havok physics.

Yes, please.

Heroes of Might and Magic III HD.
That game needs a remake more than anything else in the series, I love it, but it's kinda limited due to its sub-par aesthetics...
Fixed a typo for you there.

The hell is wrong with Heroes III in your opinion?
There's a plethora of mods that already fixed or are still going to fix most, if not all, of the game's few holes.

Heroes IV didn't get such services, with the only major mod (Equillibris) tweaking the game's balance and adding little actual content, if any.
Besides, if Heroes 3 HD was made, all the fan-made mods etc. made thorough the game's 14 years of existence would go to waste. (I'm not sure when WoG came to be, but still, Heroes III is still alive, and doesn't need a remake that other games in the series are begging for.)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: May 28, 2013, 06:27:44 am »

This one:

Freaking awesome.

Any game where you play a horror victim trying to outwit and outfight a powerful, brutal and cunning monster is a game I would buy.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: May 28, 2013, 06:48:05 am »

A WH40K game in the style of Star Wars battlefront 2.

That universe just begs for a large-scale shooter.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2365 on: May 28, 2013, 07:51:12 am »

An RPG with Zelda style combat (target locking, combos, much skill), but with an open-ended sandbox world. And immense level of mobility, going anywhere if you have the right tools (including scaling walls, etc).
So Zelda but not story driven?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: May 28, 2013, 07:58:25 am »

This one:

It exists! It's a mod for Source Engine, called The Hidden: Source

http://www.hidden-source.com/

And now you know...

As for me, I recently discovered a brilliant mod for Mount and Blade (NOT Warband, sadly), called Custom Settlements (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,122.0.html). Its premise is simple, all vanilla villages and towns are deleted, and there are no typical M&B factions present, and special 'camp' villages are placed throughout the map. You claim one of those and upgrade it with a quasi-RTS system of your villagers (and prisoners) collecting resources and convincing settlers to join your village.

But, here's the catch. There are AI adventurer/bandit/peasant parties, led by a lord-type NPC (i.e. unkillable), who can and will claim and upgrade the remaining camps, and when they fully upgrade the village, they become a faction.

Sadly, the mod was abandoned, and Mount and Blade was not designed for something like that. So what I would wish to see is a game designed around the idea, complete with TPP commander/fighter gameplay of M&B and emerging AI heroes, who you could befriend before they become Emperors of Backwooditania, and parties who have actual interests rather than magically spawning - migrants leave their hometowns in search of better places to live, adventurers hunt bandits, bandits harass and enslave peasants to work for them and so on.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: May 28, 2013, 08:13:43 am »

One thing I would love to see is Mount and Blade style game with more (way more) powerful main hero, but with less army - management style. You now, like more standard RPG, with powerful main hero mowing down armies. Also, assembling a party instead of assembling an army would be nice feature (with changeable equipment for the party members, but with level - gaining similar in vein to that of M&B units).
It sounds like there could be a mod for something like that. ;)
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: May 28, 2013, 08:17:46 am »

It's called Diablo II. :P

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: May 28, 2013, 08:37:42 am »

Or Dynasty Warriors.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 577