Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926535 times)

Misty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4095 on: June 11, 2014, 09:35:11 pm »

I would like an evolution game with genetics,  spore didn't go far enough imo and was a big letdown for me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: June 12, 2014, 05:42:39 pm »

I would like an evolution game with genetics,  spore didn't go far enough imo and was a big letdown for me.
What about one of those many simulators that have little lifeforms whose behaviour is decided by code and it can mutate little by little? nanopond comes to mind.

Here's a list of prominent ones.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: June 12, 2014, 09:52:22 pm »

The "Creatures" series focuses on genetics. You have these little, big eared Gizmo beings that you can teach, raise and breed to gain different types.

On the more gamey side, "Evolva" was a 3rd person game around the 2000 that involved you with a party of four blob people. The main mechanic was absorbing/eating your enemies to gain their abilities. So eating a number of heavily armoured enemies would end up with that guy having stronger and stronger armour. The characters actually changed along with their stats which was a neat addition.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: June 13, 2014, 12:39:39 am »

A sort of light-weight version of DF Adventure Mode, made multiplayer. Join a lobby or queue, get shoved into a pre-made dungeon with a handful of people, hack and slash away until you all die or kill the quest target.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: June 13, 2014, 04:32:10 am »

A sort of light-weight version of DF Adventure Mode, made multiplayer. Join a lobby or queue, get shoved into a pre-made dungeon with a handful of people, hack and slash away until you all die or kill the quest target.

So... basically any MUD ever? With DF combat, I suppose?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: June 13, 2014, 05:14:05 am »

An atrocious and disgusting orgy-like mash-up of several premises:

Mechwarrior, for controls/viewport. You're a mech pilot with limited ability to pop out to third person - which is implied to simply be a display within your own mech, meaning that other players can interfere with this ability in multiplayer scenarios.

Supreme Commander, for basic game play. You drop into an area, collect some resources, build up a small base/army, take out the enemy presence. (Or if your mech is advanced/well geared you could just blow it all up yourself.) Now you control the territory. This can consist of both vs-Player for world conquering, as well limited vs-Computer missions in some context. Also, the concept of Experimental units (which you can choose to run with instead of your mech, improving combat abilities but reducing or possibly eliminating the ability to construct directly with your mech, though you could still start with some engineers).

Utopia/Earth 2025 (just to name one of that sort of thing), for second-tier strategic map province-taking. The game world (it might consist of more than just one planet) is divided into many provinces and conquering provinces advances you toward victory. Victory is actually based around the same sort of premise as these games, where whatever player/alliance has the most points by the end of a term (a couple months) is the "winner" and gets great adulation and nothing else and everything resets. Possibly provinces are generated dynamically so that there isn't really any limit, and new players can conquer NPC provinces in order to get started. Owning provinces -may- provide strategic level resources that will chiefly let you upgrade your mech, loadout, provinces, and access to experimental units to replace your mech. These influences also demonstrate the ability for players to form their own alliances with limited non-player involvement.

Here's the kicker, though. Persistent world with preferably no caps on player involvement. Not individual box maps that are only loaded when you drop into them and then disappear when players leave. Not sure how best to weave this in to a strategic-level province control... maybe there's only one planet that you/the alliance have to conquer in full, which is persistent (control being based around player-constructed nodes which they have to defend, either actively or with constructed defenses) while the resource collection is relegated to off-world provinces where PvP might be more lucrative (since player provinces can be upgraded, but NPC provinces are capped in tech/resource levels) but generally doesn't occur because it doesn't force PvP.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: June 13, 2014, 07:36:03 am »

a super heroes based roguegame

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: June 14, 2014, 10:46:23 am »

Problem is with all games suggested is that their strategy while I want third/first person shooter,anyway I had given up trying to use forums to find a game I might like a while back.

This sounds exactly like you want Mechwarrior 4 or online.

Cogmind is basically what you've asked for exactly, but is a RL
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

blazing glory

« Reply #4103 on: June 14, 2014, 06:15:36 pm »

Problem is with all games suggested is that their strategy while I want third/first person shooter,anyway I had given up trying to use forums to find a game I might like a while back.

This sounds exactly like you want Mechwarrior 4 or online.

Played both actually,Mechwarrior 4 a while back stopped working on my computer and online just doesn't appeal to me with the 2 gigabytes worth of hero mech's coming along.

Decent games but not really about designing mech's.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: June 14, 2014, 06:34:59 pm »

I've seen games with some aspects of building mechs but they are always limited to weapons and preexisting parts.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4105 on: June 14, 2014, 10:34:04 pm »

I've seen games with some aspects of building mechs but they are always limited to weapons and preexisting parts.
Armored Core and Chromehounds both do a really good job in those departments.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: June 15, 2014, 12:01:05 am »

An open world game that has no "main quest". Everything is equally valid. IMinecraft used to be like this until Notch caved, and while he was clearly taking the piss (it's literally called " The End") it is still technically an ending, and takes an involved "quest" to get there.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: June 15, 2014, 12:08:53 am »

An open world game that has no "main quest". Everything is equally valid. IMinecraft used to be like this until Notch caved, and while he was clearly taking the piss (it's literally called " The End") it is still technically an ending, and takes an involved "quest" to get there.
I was about to go into a wonderful description of Dwarf Fortress before I remembered what forum I was on.
I was then about to give a list of open world games, but the only one I can really think of now is Cataclysm.  I could of sworn there were more games like this.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: June 15, 2014, 12:11:48 am »

If you haven't already tried it, Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead is like that. However, I've never lasted longer than 15 days in that, so there may be some kind of distant end-game that I don't know about.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: June 15, 2014, 12:37:34 am »

I haven't played it, but Mount and Blade might be what you're looking for.  You're a medieval warrior and go around picking fights, possibly joining a Kingdom and getting involved in larger politics which are fairly open ended.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 577