Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 925111 times)

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4530 on: September 28, 2014, 04:47:51 pm »

Not really a game, but a way to convert my crusader kings 2 game to EU 4, then through to Victoria 2 and then onto Hearts of Iron III. That way I could have a continuous game from 1066 to 1948.

If you want a game specifically, East Vs West was a game I wish existed. It irritated me so much when it got cancelled that I considered developing something along the same lines, if cut down significantly in scope.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4531 on: September 28, 2014, 05:03:42 pm »

Take your standard sci-fi power armor trooper game and build it like it's ARMA. So instead of having 35 shots in your laser cartridge, you have a FEL-17 Combat System with a MFPS (Man-portable Fusion Power System) that still has 0.2 liters of onboard Boron/lithium and 25Kw waste heat. Instead of having a cloaking field, you've got a chameleon coated armor with infrared support. You don't have power armor, you have a full suite of different armor plates, servo and hydraulic systems, waste heat sysems, power supplies, ammo containers...

In combat, damage to your suit has detailed effects. Hit in the power supply? Well, hope you can move 120lbs of dead tungsten up this slope, soldier. Hit in the cooling system? Better pop your armor right now or else learn to handle 800 degree radioactive waste burning a hole in your back pocket.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: September 28, 2014, 05:38:40 pm »

Sorta. The Imperium doesn't ACTUALLY kill every alien they come across, just the ones that are potential threats or in the way. And even then, they will consider a cease-fire if they need their military forces elsewhere (see: the Damocles Gulf Crusade, where a combination of stiff Tau resistance and an approaching hive fleet led to a truce between humankind and Tau...for a little while).

Basically: temporary, even spur-of-the-moment alliances form all the time, but they rarely (never?) last very long.

Unless it got retconned again, Blood Angels and Necrons seem to be on pretty good terms when it comes to fighting tyranids. And the Tau are allies with Kroot and every other alien race they find that isn't dead or hostile.

The Imperium allied with the Squats, an actual alliance as far as I can tell. Then tyranids murdered them all.

So there are alliances and treaties... They just tend to end because one side gets murdered.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: September 28, 2014, 06:19:42 pm »

The Tau are different and the Ethereals brainwash e'ery species that interacts with them.  Only the undying love of the Emperor protects from their foul pheromones.

We don't talk about the squats.  Wasn't their nidding about the time GW decided 40K wasn't just a joke and something of a retcon?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: September 28, 2014, 07:52:15 pm »

Honestly I have half a mind that Warhammer should actually REMOVE any race that cannot destroy, enslave, or mess over the entire galaxy.

One of the more interesting aspects of Warhammer is the fact that basically it feels like the universe is only kept in check because every galactic threat is keeping every other galactic threat at bay.

I can't actually think of a setting that does this on such a scale.

I mean SURE in dungeons and dragons the Demons and Devils keep themselves in check... but it isn't quite what I mean.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: September 28, 2014, 08:08:49 pm »

I'd have a randomly genned grand strategy HOI game, that plays out like total war: world wars, and is coop multiplayer like those coop starship/submarine/airship games that keep cropping up, with various rolls.  A bit of OTTD would be thrown in, and the economy would be based off the first sim city, with different tiles producing different resources (ex, city makes money,).  Random generation would create unique units, but everyone would be able to build the same thing.  Units would be incredibly easy to produce, and losses would be very replaceable, creating a war of attrition feel.  The amount of units you could build would be capped by your resources.  The coop multiplayer would be where various players run different parts of the nation.  You'd have different HQs each lead by a player.  You cannot choose who goes where.  SHQ runs the nation, selecting what goes where.  Research decides what weapons to research and decides what a squad/tank/arty unit should have in it.  And so on and so forth.  There would be the diplomat/spy, the Generals, the Researcher, the SHQ, Airforce commanders, and Admirals.  Generally the game would last a good amount of time, being drop in drop out multiplayer.  It would be like vicky 2 and likely last 100 years. 200 tops.  Thus it would add diplomacy, and make warfare generally shorter.   

Pretty impossible, but my shot at the idea of a perfect game.  Multiplayer is optional, but I think it would simulate the idea of a grand staff better. 

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: September 28, 2014, 08:42:26 pm »

A small point-n-click horror game where things happen somewhat on a schedule, and the only way to avert certain events is to be mindful of the game's "schedule". You're told from the start when some things happen (assuming you don't take action to prevent them), and it's down to you to find the possibilities.
So like the idea of Groundhog Day but the horror isn't existential?

Not an actual groundhog day-type scenario in the story, but kinda becomes one as you savescum restart the game to interpret the hints. The idea is that you know exactly when something is going to happen, but you don't know the circumstances or people involved (beyond "a man" or "three women" etc); just the time, and maybe location.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: September 29, 2014, 10:22:20 am »

A small point-n-click horror game where things happen somewhat on a schedule, and the only way to avert certain events is to be mindful of the game's "schedule". You're told from the start when some things happen (assuming you don't take action to prevent them), and it's down to you to find the possibilities.
So like the idea of Groundhog Day but the horror isn't existential?
Not an actual groundhog day-type scenario in the story, but kinda becomes one as you savescum restart the game to interpret the hints. The idea is that you know exactly when something is going to happen, but you don't know the circumstances or people involved (beyond "a man" or "three women" etc); just the time, and maybe location.
Ah, so it's a game where you're supposed to meta it hard? Honestly I can't think of many games that play that totally straight without making some sort of comment about it in the story.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4538 on: September 29, 2014, 10:44:37 am »

The only thing I can think of that's close to that is Dead Rising. It's not a point-and-click, but everything in the game is strictly scheduled and you have to focus if you want to get the best ending. It's pretty challenging.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: September 29, 2014, 11:02:45 am »

The only thing I can think of that's close to that is Dead Rising. It's not a point-and-click, but everything in the game is strictly scheduled and you have to focus if you want to get the best ending. It's pretty challenging.
Well the difference is that with Dead Rising you're not necessarily expected to play it more than once. Whereas the game you're describing really is intended to be played over and over until you learn where everything is.
Actually, one game I can think of that's like that is Outer Wilds, which I believe you can save the solar system while playing, but only with clues gathered from over the entire system and there's not enough time to do it in one run. Thing is, that's not exactly scheduled, apart from the orbits of the planets and perhaps certain events I'm not aware of (not really played much).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4540 on: September 29, 2014, 11:29:35 am »

Well the difference is that with Dead Rising you're not necessarily expected to play it more than once. Whereas the game you're describing really is intended to be played over and over until you learn where everything is.
That sort of comes back on itself but I understand what you meant. I disagree though, Dead Rising is a game you have to play more than once if you want to discover all the possibilities, but it's certainly not the core of the game as was described by itsnotlogical. It's definitely not what he's looking for, I was just bringing up the game because of the mechanical similarities between Dead Rising and what he described (that is, events on a strict schedule that you must complete or risk an unfavorable outcome to the story).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: September 29, 2014, 11:31:08 am »

Personally, the whole timed thing really killed the dead risings for me. Honestly, I just want dead-rising, but to be able to just go around and beat the shit outta zombies.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4542 on: September 29, 2014, 11:34:57 am »

Personally, the whole timed thing really killed the dead risings for me. Honestly, I just want dead-rising, but to be able to just go around and beat the shit outta zombies.
Right, it was pretty fucking irritating in the first one. I didn't mind it so much in the second one though, since grocery carts and rolling bins make it easy to punch through crowds and there's more shortcuts, so that removed some of the tedium from getting around. Once you know the good weapon combos the game becomes very simple, but goddamn if some of those psychos aren't really hard to beat regardless! D:

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: September 29, 2014, 12:07:32 pm »

That's why I played with CheatEngine and fixing the clock. I only let it advance an hour if I had done all the timed things and wanted new stuff.

Who says cheating can't make the game more fun? Man, now that is a fun zombie beat'em up romp.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: October 01, 2014, 11:49:56 am »

Not exactly a game, but I really wish there were Bay12/DF characters for MUGEN.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 577