Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 925091 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5205 on: April 25, 2015, 02:40:39 am »

A really good knockoff of Skyrim that would steal business away from the real version and decrease it's profits.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: April 25, 2015, 03:48:23 pm »

The mecha parts would be broken up by some FPS/TPS sections, where you're playing one of the civilians/rebels and mostly trying to survive the mayhem the stompy robots are causing. A neat part would be that shit you did in one mode would in some way or form affect the other mode in a big or small way.

Something like >knock over/blow up setpiece to stall enemy or don't because it's full of Valuable Commodity
There's an on-foot section to happen right there not long after, it's pretty standard if you didn't knock it over, but it's torn up, cover is sporadic, and visibility is low if you did?

I kinda want a FPS where you have to choose more than just gun-attachments-perks, but also things such as belts/pouches/packs, armor plates, and possibly even character physical build. You could forsake armor for a few leg pouches and an SMG, and be able to move across the battlefield with not only high speed, but high technicality/ability (high leaps, parkour, etc.). The lack of armor means that -all- weapons are going to deal lots of damage no matter where they hit.

Health doesn't regen, though some perks can add some functionality to the health bar. Some units may recover up to 30/100HP, others take less damage after the first time they take damage (adrenaline), etc.

Body type changes weight tolerance, movement options, hitboxes, jump height, even total health.

A system to track pain alters aiming, screen shake, brightness, movement speed, etc: even if you carry an advanced medkit capable of stabilizing injuries taken and recover a small amount of HP, a separate painkiller would be needed to ease the difficulty and shakiness of aiming, stilted/wobbly or slow movement, and/or tunnel vision.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: April 26, 2015, 05:42:22 pm »

I wish game publishers/developers would offer digital downloads of their back library for people who own the original physical release. Installing Diablo II + Lord of Destruction from the Diablo Battle Chest requires an astounding eight disc changes, from starting the process to finally playing the game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: April 26, 2015, 07:28:03 pm »

An final fantasy tactics type game with dwarf fortress combat.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: April 27, 2015, 10:54:10 am »

I wish game publishers/developers would offer digital downloads of their back library for people who own the original physical release. Installing Diablo II + Lord of Destruction from the Diablo Battle Chest requires an astounding eight disc changes, from starting the process to finally playing the game.

Diablo 2 + Lord of Destruction is available as a digital download from your battlenet account once you activate it with your CD keys.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: April 27, 2015, 11:23:34 am »

Diablo 2 + Lord of Destruction is available as a digital download from your battlenet account once you activate it with your CD keys.

You can do the same with Steam. I inputted the CD key for Supreme Commander and now have it in my library. Also got the expansion along with it which was nice.
I also added Company of Heroes the same way which makes installing and loading it much easier as the base game and expansions got compiled into a Steam version. It was so finicky with the Relic online activation thingy before, inserting and swapping discs.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: April 27, 2015, 12:36:31 pm »

The mecha parts would be broken up by some FPS/TPS sections, where you're playing one of the civilians/rebels and mostly trying to survive the mayhem the stompy robots are causing. A neat part would be that shit you did in one mode would in some way or form affect the other mode in a big or small way.

Something like >knock over/blow up setpiece to stall enemy or don't because it's full of Valuable Commodity
There's an on-foot section to happen right there not long after, it's pretty standard if you didn't knock it over, but it's torn up, cover is sporadic, and visibility is low if you did?

Kinda like that, but the effects would be much more than just a scenery change. Basically, the shit you do in your big armour of not giving a fuck will affect others, generally negatively if you're reckless, which most players will probably be because it's a giant robot and causing collateral damage isn't much of a concern since it doesn't affect you directly.

But then the roles are switched and suddenly you'll wish you wasn't such a careless prick earlier. Now I don't have much in the ways of specifics since I don't develop these ideas all that much, I just blurt them out when they come to me. But what would be cool is that it would be entirely possible to fuck up one/both of the stories by a combination of decisions and actions making it give you a bad ending of sorts. Of course you could also end up with both stories ending on a slightly positive note or something, but generally, since it's a war, you can only try and make it less shitty, which won't be easy.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: April 27, 2015, 01:01:21 pm »

You can do the same with Steam. I inputted the CD key for Supreme Commander and now have it in my library. Also got the expansion along with it which was nice.
I also added Company of Heroes the same way which makes installing and loading it much easier as the base game and expansions got compiled into a Steam version. It was so finicky with the Relic online activation thingy before, inserting and swapping discs.

It says my keys are already activated. I probably activated it with an account long since lost to time. :(

Also, I think CD keys only work on Steam if the game was on Steam at release. I tried to activate Battlefront II (which was not on Steam at release) and it wouldn't take it.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: April 27, 2015, 06:55:39 pm »

How about a 4x game where info about the outskirts of your empire reaches you on a distance dependent (distance from your capital that is) delay and orders go out on a similar delay (so you would see territories far from your capital not as they are but as they were several turns previously, and your distant units would take several turns to receive and act on your orders {the results of which would in turn not be visible until several turns later when the info from the turn in which they acted reached you}). Advances in the tech tree would reduce these delays.

That would be awesome. A game that really showcases the struggles in transmitting and interpreting vast amounts of data of vast distances.
Imagine an enemy who moves faster than your data in this game and beelines your main planet.

You would literally get attacked out of nowhere right in the center of your empire. And afterwards you will see enemy "conquering" your planets in reversal order.

How cool would be that?
._.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: April 27, 2015, 07:00:49 pm »

How about a 4x game where info about the outskirts of your empire reaches you on a distance dependent (distance from your capital that is) delay and orders go out on a similar delay (so you would see territories far from your capital not as they are but as they were several turns previously, and your distant units would take several turns to receive and act on your orders {the results of which would in turn not be visible until several turns later when the info from the turn in which they acted reached you}). Advances in the tech tree would reduce these delays.

That would be awesome. A game that really showcases the struggles in transmitting and interpreting vast amounts of data of vast distances.
Imagine an enemy who moves faster than your data in this game and beelines your main planet.

You would literally get attacked out of nowhere right in the center of your empire. And afterwards you will see enemy "conquering" your planets in reversal order.

How cool would be that?

More importantly, if the information flow is concrete rather than abstract (say, scouts for example) information control becomes extremely important. Imagine if you could kill the scouts or send out false information.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: April 27, 2015, 07:18:16 pm »

How cool would be that?

More importantly, if the information flow is concrete rather than abstract (say, scouts for example) information control becomes extremely important. Imagine if you could kill the scouts or send out false information.
How cool would be that?!

And it's so fucking easy to implement, too, compared to all the fancy graphics!

Yet nobody actually did that. Dozens, hundreds of turn-based strategies, many of them based around managing gigantic cosmic empires, and no one did that. Hell, I'd argue that the usual land-based TBS have even more reasons to have a system like this, because in those worlds, communication would be even slower.

What a shame.
._.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: April 27, 2015, 09:32:50 pm »

How cool would be that?

How cool would be that?!

And it's so fucking easy to implement, too, compared to all the fancy graphics!

Yet nobody actually did that. Dozens, hundreds of turn-based strategies, many of them based around managing gigantic cosmic empires, and no one did that. Hell, I'd argue that the usual land-based TBS have even more reasons to have a system like this, because in those worlds, communication would be even slower.

What a shame.

I'm actually building a text-based wargame (because, not surprisingly, it has never been done before and because I'm still learning to program) which incorporates this idea. It will be focused on tactical battles (think chess with terrain) but the idea of giving orders will be central to the game.

Along with the fact that orders need time to be interpreted and different modes of transmission take different amounts of time (pre-modern warfare used many modes of communication: semaphore (flags), drums, actual messengers) there is also the idea of your orders being misinterpreted or certain modes of communication being impossible based on terrain (how does cavalry hiding in the woods see your flags or troops far away hear your drums?).

Misinterpretation of orders is especially fun as many factors can cause it (low moral, low experience, disconnection from the commander, etc.) The awful burden of the Generals' is truly felt when the correct orders are given, and men die anyway. 

Not quite what you are looking for (4X with fancy graphics and everything) but its something.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: April 27, 2015, 10:14:55 pm »

An RPG where you actually have to convince merchants to buy all the crap that you accumulate during your adventures. They'll probably take quality weapons and armor, clothing, gems, etc. but you'll have harder time convincing them to buy random machine parts, single items of food, rust flakes, troll dandruff, etc. etc.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: April 28, 2015, 01:19:46 am »

So fantasy pawn stars.

"There isn't really a market for troll dandruff"

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: April 28, 2015, 02:43:25 am »

*Random alchemist comes in*
"Actually, we take that back. There is a market for Troll Dandruff, at least today"
*Alchemist buys a giant jar of strange sh%%, leaves store*
"Aaaaaand... now there isn't one."
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 577