Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926536 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6105 on: October 19, 2015, 04:49:14 pm »

True Watch_Dogs does feel like they wanted there to be some sort of arc where Aiden learns to not be an ass... but the writers lacked total self-awareness.

Ubisoft hire failing high school students to do their stories. I don't think I've found an Ubisoft game that actually has a decent story.
Rocksmith 2014 :P

(well, in the same way not having cancer can be equated to good health)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: October 20, 2015, 08:29:59 am »

True Watch_Dogs does feel like they wanted there to be some sort of arc where Aiden learns to not be an ass... but the writers lacked total self-awareness.

Ubisoft hire failing high school students to do their stories. I don't think I've found an Ubisoft game that actually has a decent story.

I thought there must be at least one recent Ubisoft game, but nope. The last game that I know for fact has a good story is Morrowind, which they didn't even develop; they published it, back when Bethesda was still kind of its own entity.

Unless you want to count shovelware based on good movies.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: October 21, 2015, 03:54:47 pm »

Not sure what he overall content of the game would be, but towards the beginning you're confronted with an NPC with a longwinded piece of exposition blocking an area you need to go through to progress. This exposition doesn't end; it's looped. The only way to progress is to kill the NPC.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: October 21, 2015, 04:04:30 pm »

Not sure what he overall content of the game would be, but towards the beginning you're confronted with an NPC with a longwinded piece of exposition blocking an area you need to go through to progress. This exposition doesn't end; it's looped. The only way to progress is to kill the NPC.
A deconstruction of videogame progression tropes?
...Yes.  YES.
Bash through the flimsy plank no progress thing.
Ford the mudslide.
Ignore all the questgivers.
No achievements.
Yes.
Someone should make this.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:07:26 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: October 21, 2015, 06:12:48 pm »

...Yes.  YES.
Ford the mudslide.
No achievements.
Yes.
Morrowind did that, sorta. You could kill critical plot-important NPCs, and choose to continue the game afterwards. It became impossible to actually beat the game if you did so, but... :V
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: October 21, 2015, 06:17:41 pm »

...Yes.  YES.
Ford the mudslide.
No achievements.
Yes.
Morrowind did that, sorta. You could kill critical plot-important NPCs, and choose to continue the game afterwards. It became impossible to actually beat the game if you did so, but... :V
No, the point is, you can ignore everything and suffer no penalties.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: October 21, 2015, 07:23:02 pm »

You could also ignore the entire story too, in Morrowind, and skyrim too. Those plot facets will sit there.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: October 21, 2015, 07:30:33 pm »

I think I managed to get a ridiculously high level character in Skyrim without actually triggering dragons.

It was a bit silly, really...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: October 22, 2015, 12:25:10 am »

I remember one game but can't remember which one, you arrived to some guy, he told you "to get to X you need to go and fetch me 100 rat tails" or whatever, you punched a hole in a door and he was like "oor... you can break the door to pieces, I guess". Almost the whole game was like that.

Paraphrasing heavily, can't recall the exact game...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: October 22, 2015, 12:56:52 am »

I think I managed to get a ridiculously high level character in Skyrim without actually triggering dragons.

Main Quests are what is really silly.  In most cases--that I've played anyways--they just take away from the world around them, especially in Bethesda games. GTA's story always has me riveted, but there's not really a "main quest", all the stories are just kind of interconnected. I find that a "main quest" takes away from the feel of the world, there's always tat urgency that you gotta DO THAT THING OR ELSE THE WORLD ENDS. Mostly, I would say in games like TES or Fallout, the main quest doesn't feel fulfilling or epic enough.

and speaking of game I wish existed, I wish we had an open world Warhammer Fantasy RPG, with the graphics of the Witcher, written by Dan Abnett, with Dark Souls level difficulty, and the trademark ridiculousness and gore of Waaaghhammer!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: October 22, 2015, 01:12:46 am »

You could always solve the main quest problem by making the main quest less... Cliché, by making it so that the quest is smaller and more focused on the protagonists relationships or something simliar.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: October 22, 2015, 01:41:27 am »

Main Quests are what is really silly.  In most cases--that I've played anyways--they just take away from the world around them, especially in Bethesda games. GTA's story always has me riveted, but there's not really a "main quest", all the stories are just kind of interconnected. I find that a "main quest" takes away from the feel of the world, there's always tat urgency that you gotta DO THAT THING OR ELSE THE WORLD ENDS.

The issue wih this device is that the world doesn't end even when you leave the main questline to explore or to grind and when you spend eight in-game hours resting for every two in-game minutes of action in order to recover spells. It starts to really strain your suspension of disbelief regarding the main quest after a while.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: October 22, 2015, 03:38:55 am »

An graphical open-world survival-shooter with a low-fantasy setting, a deep (but not overbearing) stat system, vast and intricate lore, an immersive economy, and- zealously intensive mandatory roleplay, with a EULA that allowed the host to permaban trolls/OOC folks.

To top it all off, it's proprietary of an eccentric genius billionaire-savant, who treats the game as his life's masterpiece, and is only interested in creating a world that embodies his vision.

Spoiler: In time, we all decide to completely immerse ourselves in his world via advanced VR technology, and abandon reality for dream. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: October 22, 2015, 05:29:30 am »

An graphical open-world survival-shooter with a low-fantasy setting, a deep (but not overbearing) stat system, vast and intricate lore, an immersive economy, and- zealously intensive mandatory roleplay, with a EULA that allowed the host to permaban trolls/OOC folks.

To top it all off, it's proprietary of an eccentric genius billionaire-savant, who treats the game as his life's masterpiece, and is only interested in creating a world that embodies his vision.

Spoiler: In time, we all decide to completely immerse ourselves in his world via advanced VR technology, and abandon reality for dream. :P
Yes, we all look forward to D.F. version 1...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: October 22, 2015, 12:25:31 pm »

An fps with decent, real invisibility mechanics. Listen keenly, get paranoid with some paint, footprints, shadows.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 577