Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 925111 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6480 on: January 11, 2016, 01:21:31 am »

I want to play as a cult leader. Not like some fantasy wizardy necromancy cult, I mean like "building a compound out in the desert and brainwashing people" kind of cult. You start out with some kind of charismatic cult leader and slowly attract devout followers, then use brainwashing and possibly threats of violence to bend people to your will and amass personal wealth and power.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: January 11, 2016, 02:12:31 am »

I want to play as a cult leader. Not like some fantasy wizardy necromancy cult, I mean like "building a compound out in the desert and brainwashing people" kind of cult. You start out with some kind of charismatic cult leader and slowly attract devout followers, then use brainwashing and possibly threats of violence to bend people to your will and amass personal wealth and power.

One of the games in Nerdook's Super Mega Ultra Evil Genius series of flash games had a cult brainwashing program as a buildable doomsday device
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: January 11, 2016, 05:52:18 am »

Taste my Paci-Fist

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: January 11, 2016, 12:19:38 pm »

Super Cult Tycoon, though it isn't very serious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnkqdMS1LkE
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: January 11, 2016, 12:24:47 pm »

I wish there was a multiplayer deathmatch game where battlecries are a game mechanic, so your team is just moving along when you suddenly hear a massive roar as the entire enemy team rushes over you. Or vice-versa.
Double post, but people need my help~~~

In Red Orchestra 2, the Russians and Japanese have a charge where they yell a lot and get bonuses.

In Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars there is a "yell" button. If you aren't spamming it, you are playing wrong.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6485 on: January 11, 2016, 01:07:10 pm »

I wish there was a multiplayer deathmatch game where battlecries are a game mechanic, so your team is just moving along when you suddenly hear a massive roar as the entire enemy team rushes over you. Or vice-versa.
Double post, but people need my help~~~

In Red Orchestra 2, the Russians and Japanese have a charge where they yell a lot and get bonuses.

In Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars there is a "yell" button. If you aren't spamming it, you are playing wrong.
Russians do the URAAAAAH which basically allows them to not give a shit about bullets that don't hit... those that hit, however, are as deadly as always. Japanese have very similar BANZAIII charge but they use more swords. And Germans have some kind of that thing where they scream in rage when they kill Russians which also allows them to not give a damn about bullets that don't hit.

As for the Napoleonic Wars - the game has standard bearers and musicians as a game mechanic (IRC they give some bonuses, as does being in proximity of officer/general), so...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: January 11, 2016, 01:35:22 pm »

Black market management game. Steal valuable stuff from the wealthy, (illegally) sell it in your hideout, attract other shady dealers, but make sure that your customers don't give away your market's location to the guards/police, and if they do, make sure you have a backup way out, or defend yourself (which is probably not advisable since eventually they're just gonna come back in bigger force).

(It would probably be a fantasy game because I have no idea how modern underground economy works. Plus it's just cooler to sell golden necklaces and mysterious potions than cigarettes, guns and marijuana...)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: January 11, 2016, 02:45:25 pm »

(It would probably be a fantasy game because I have no idea how modern underground economy works. Plus it's just cooler to sell golden necklaces and mysterious potions than cigarettes, guns and marijuana...)
Haha, black markets sell more interesting things than those m80. Endangered animal parts, ancient relics, human organs... And besides in your typical fantasy world (you know the type, humans elves and dwarves, magic and potions and shit, lots of people wandering around with big swords) health and safety along with law in general is so lax that I can't imagine a black market even being necessary.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6489 on: January 11, 2016, 02:52:32 pm »

There is totally a game out there that deals in trading sex slaves on black market. Just guessing though, don't ask me about what it is or where to find it.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: January 11, 2016, 04:02:31 pm »

Black Market goods from Privateer 2:  Nerve Toxins, Firearms, Human Organs, Brain Implants, Pleasure Borgs

Black Market goods from Privateer 1:  PlayThing™   Brilliance   Slaves   Tobacco   Ultimate

I think firearms were a regular trade commodity in P1...

This sort of stuff is pretty common.  Star Sector has a pretty cool black market economy, where the purpose of using it is actually tariff evasion or intentionally destabilizing markets rather than just selling things that happen to be illegal.  It is also very modable.

I'll second Arms Dealer.  It is just guns and military equipment, but its pretty good at doing what it says.

Also, any version of Drug Wars / Dope Wars.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #6491 on: January 11, 2016, 04:58:45 pm »

Super Cult Tycoon, though it isn't very serious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnkqdMS1LkE

Yeah, I saw that. My criticisms are basically the same as his. This game seems like something I'd have to make myself if I ever wanted to see it become a reality.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: January 11, 2016, 11:34:11 pm »

I'd like a game where you can construct your own land/sea/air/space vehicles, where resource management and other things matter. Think Robocraft, but crossed with Warthunder I guess.

Also in space. Because who doesn't like blowing up poorly places ammo racks(stealth edit) in space?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: January 12, 2016, 12:06:37 am »

Space Engineers? From the Depths?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: January 12, 2016, 12:15:24 am »

Space Engineers? From the Depths?
Space Engineers is pretty good, I guess. But it only has ships, and it runs poorly when you start getting any decently sized ships.
From the Depths fits, I'll admit that. I just don't enjoy the physics, I need to buy it next time I have some spare cash.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 577