Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 925118 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6555 on: January 27, 2016, 01:22:24 am »

A game in a Fallout-esque setting but with more factions based on defunct empires, to the point where hey are the primary feature of the setting. Like, where Fallout has the Enclave, the Legion, and the Khans, this game would also have factions based on and psychotically claiming to be the British Empire, the French Empire, the Spanish Empire, the Aztec Empire, the Zulu Empire, the Ottoman Empire, imperial China, imperial Japan, the USSR, the Third Reich, and pharonic Egypt.

I'd likea fallout-style Fallen London game.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: January 28, 2016, 01:30:41 am »

Fallout in literally anywhere but America. Please. We have an entire planet full of shit to loot things to explore and we only stick to one sodding Country. It's stupid. Fallout: England/UK should be a thing, dammit.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: January 28, 2016, 02:26:27 am »

four easy Fallouts Bethesda could do, IF the did NOT interfere to much:
-Fallout:Canada
-Fallout:New China
-Fallout:Russia
-Fallout:Australia
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: January 28, 2016, 03:15:18 am »

Fallout: Neutral party in the war who didn't really get bombed

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: January 28, 2016, 03:18:12 am »

Fallout in literally anywhere but America. Please. We have an entire planet full of shit to loot things to explore and we only stick to one sodding Country. It's stupid. Fallout: England/UK should be a thing, dammit.
Anywhere else but america does not in fact have things that make fallout fallout, no vaults, no power armor, no "perpetually stuck in the 1950s" aesthetic, no pipboys, deathclaws, anything recognizable or easily identifiable with the Falloutverse.

So it could literally be called anything else and still happen in the same universe as Fallout. Basically any post-apocalyptic game not explicitly stated to take place in the US would qualify, for example Metro 2033 could easily be called Fallout: Moscow, or Sir, You Are Being Hunted could easily be called Fallout: Britain.

(Plus there's the whole thing of "the US was the last of the places to go to shit in the entire world and probably least buggered up place" since the European Commonwealth dissolved into infighting after the resources ran out and most of everywhere else ended up in a similar state when the Resource Wars ended and then got doubly screwed when full-on nuclear war between the blocs started.)

Now while it might be interesting to see how the rest of the world developed and while it may be thought that it'd give the developer more free rein over the visual design, factions and the like, I can guarantee it'd just end up with:

- not Power Armor (It's a Nuclear Knight Suit!)
- the Братство стали, who are definitely not the BoS and have never heard of such a thing and how dare you insinuate they did.
- not-Vaults
- not-pipboys
- not-Deathclaws
- not-Super-Mutants
- retro 50s aesthetic but modified slightly to fit the nation the game is taking place in.

In order to make it more recogisable and marketable as what has collectively been dubbed the "Fallout aesthetic". So basically it'd just be "Fallout but everyone's got an accent and things look slightly different."

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: January 28, 2016, 11:57:09 am »

I am okay with this. Just let Obsidian write the damn thing. And besides, it'd be a nice change of fucking scenery-I liked New Vegas because it was Apocalypse Western and FO4 is alright looking, but I want to see something different. Interesting. And mostly find out how other countries had it.

Like China. I want to know their side of the story... Hell, just knowing how Annexed Canada went. There WERE Vaults there, so it'd be cool to find ghouls who still hate America and/or Canada, and see a glimpse of an oppressed nation at the end of the world. It's mostly 'cuz I feel like nearly every Fallout sort of had the vibe of 'America is GREAT' at the end of the day.

Rambling!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: January 28, 2016, 01:07:34 pm »

I am a bitter, cynical man child so I pretty much guarantee that wherever else the game would take place, there wouldn't really be anything vastly outside the Fallout comfort zone (i.e. there's always gonna be power armor and super mutants).

Still, different takes on the post apocalypse are always nice. I quite liked the more Blade Runnerish moments in FO4. Just wish the game ran with those more.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: January 28, 2016, 01:10:18 pm »

I am a bitter, cynical man child so I pretty much guarantee that wherever else the game would take place, there wouldn't really be anything vastly outside the Fallout comfort zone (i.e. there's always gonna be power armor and super mutants).

Still, different takes on the post apocalypse are always nice. I quite liked the more Blade Runnerish moments in FO4. Just wish the game ran with those more.
The funny thing is the Super Mutants shouldn't have spread too much, Fallout 3 just had them for the sake of it.. Though I was distinctly pleased that Fallout 4's had a (Slightly) more reasonable explanation.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: January 28, 2016, 02:50:48 pm »

Kind of a game, but some sort of online system designed to bring conspiracy theorists and government shills together to argue with each other ad-infinum. Then have a scoring system where onlookers can mark both posts and particular users as being insightful or not. Then eventually all the best posts can be brought together to create a concise summary of the main talking points for anyone who doesn't have a clue. Also hand out prizes or some shit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #6564 on: January 28, 2016, 07:05:21 pm »

four easy Fallouts Bethesda could do, IF the did NOT interfere to much:
-Fallout:Canada
-Fallout:New China
-Fallout:Russia
-Fallout:Australia

-Fallout: Glasgow.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: January 28, 2016, 07:06:27 pm »

There's only so much you can do to turn Glasgow into a dead lawless expanse.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: January 28, 2016, 07:47:51 pm »

There's only so much you can do to turn Glasgow into a dead lawless expanse. thrilling and technologically advanced location

I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: January 28, 2016, 08:02:35 pm »

There's only so much you can do to turn Glasgow into a dead lawless expanse. thrilling and technologically advanced location

Thrilling? Only because the neds make it feel as though you're running from feral ghouls...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: January 29, 2016, 02:23:49 am »

Kind of a game, but some sort of online system designed to bring conspiracy theorists and government shills together to argue with each other ad-infinum. Then have a scoring system where onlookers can mark both posts and particular users as being insightful or not. Then eventually all the best posts can be brought together to create a concise summary of the main talking points for anyone who doesn't have a clue. Also hand out prizes or some shit.

Reddit almost fits... Aside from "concise summary of the main talking points," right? (Says a person who avoids reddit as much as possible because if I open it, the next hour or two disappears)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: January 29, 2016, 07:08:26 am »

A tactical strategy game where combat happens super quickly. You don't control your guys during combat; you give them a sequence of actions to perform, and you only get to command them again if they run out of actions without completing the objective. The longest mission would probably be two minutes from letting your soldiers go to completing the last objective.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 577