Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926534 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6585 on: January 31, 2016, 09:21:48 am »

I want a game that takes place far after the end of humanity, when other sentient races have arisen. There are no humans, no United Federation, no brave Terran colonists, no "human but with ____" species, just a mysterious dead world that you only see halfway through the game with some distinctive continents and no explanation offered.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:27:14 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: January 31, 2016, 12:34:08 pm »

I want a game that takes place far after the end of humanity, when other sentient races have arisen. There are no humans, no United Federation, no brave Terran colonists, no "human but with ____" species, just a mysterious dead world that you only see halfway through the game with some distinctive continents and no explanation offered.
I had a similar idea, where the humans were actually the "precursors" who uplifted all the races you see in the game. The player, however, is not actually one of these uplifted aliens, but the trans-human AI that actually killed all the humans and cut off the communications between the uplifted species. Essentially a reversed AI War:Fleet Command.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: January 31, 2016, 02:31:53 pm »

I also thought that a reverse tower defense would be kind of cool. One where you see the towers the enemy has set up, and you have to try to make your attack squad to specifically make it through.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: January 31, 2016, 02:36:08 pm »

That's kinda what Clash of Clans and its clones are like, until you get to the point where pay2win impregnable defenses can only be defeated by pay2win monsters with huge health that instantly destroy structures.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: January 31, 2016, 02:41:26 pm »

I also thought that a reverse tower defense would be kind of cool. One where you see the towers the enemy has set up, and you have to try to make your attack squad to specifically make it through.

Gratuitous tank battles do it in attack mode

Defenders of Ardania is a mix of this and classic tower defence. both you and your enemy build towers and send waves to the enemy base

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: January 31, 2016, 02:54:23 pm »

I've played a flash game like that, waaaaaaay back.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: January 31, 2016, 03:05:43 pm »

Villainous
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: January 31, 2016, 03:15:22 pm »

Villainous
Wow. That is almost exactly what I wanted :)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: February 01, 2016, 12:18:19 am »

You mean a Man After Man game? Sounds rather horrible.

Gratuitous tank battles do it in attack mode

Defenders of Ardania is a mix of this and classic tower defence. both you and your enemy build towers and send waves to the enemy base
The Majesty IP has really been put through the ringer.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: February 01, 2016, 02:02:17 am »

Villainous

There's also one on armor games literally called "reverse tower defense"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: February 01, 2016, 04:15:32 am »

Villainous

There's also one on armor games literally called "reverse tower defense"
That one was really easy and boring, though.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: February 01, 2016, 08:54:30 am »

I had an idea about a video game that might be cool, let me lay down the setting first or nothing makes sense: It would occur in a Dark Souls-esque post-apocalyptic setting, where nothing can die. The canonical explanation would be that something literally destroyed the afterlife, so the living world is 'dead' in the sense that nothing can die, and nothing can be born either, so everything that remained tore themselves to pieces over untold millions of years.

You the player would be placed into a suddenly sentient human homunculus, with the ability take the souls of defeated foes and implant them into other bodies and objects. No enemy can remain defeated if you don't capture it's soul, and one of the primary mechanics would be amassing a collection of other bodies, empty living vessels, and implanting the defeated foes into them so they can be pacified with a new purpose and lease on life. So, doing that, little by little you gather a community of these defeated enemies implanted into empty bodies, and you form a community that acts as your hub, ala Dark Cloud.

I'm thinking there'd be a secondary mechanic in picking and choosing which souls go into which bodies based on personalities, as some would be far more or far less competent at certain jobs, which is weighed against how happy some souls are in a given body and job. Example: One soul would be extremely competent at being a shopkeeper, but he'd hate doing it, and he may never improve at it over time, or you could place him into the body of a dog and he just loves it completely.

I'm thinking the object of the game would be to explore the post-death world, collect those few souls still sane enough to rehabilitate, slowly rebuild a functioning society, and uncover the truth about what caused the disaster in the first place. *idea in progress

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: February 01, 2016, 11:14:50 am »

Soulémon! Gotta stab 'em all!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: February 01, 2016, 12:18:57 pm »

Sounds like something I'd play, tbh.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: February 01, 2016, 01:21:44 pm »

Imperial Guard: Commissar

Especial points for a Fucklaw mod/dlc
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 577