Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 925108 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7425 on: April 04, 2017, 04:04:30 pm »

I was thinking about the "wimp mode" mod for SOMA, and it made me think about applying the idea "what if you could talk to the monsters" to a game like Amnesia. Where you can either just run and hide from the monsters, or you can try to convince them not to eat you. Naturally, you won't have time to do this if the monster can see you and is actively chasing you, so you'll have to talk from hiding. But if you talk, the monster will be able to locate you by sound. So you'd have to balance the concerns of talking to the monster and staying hidden.
Alternatively, you can just hide and run and try to kill the monsters using the environment.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: April 04, 2017, 05:15:56 pm »

Dark Souls III Mac Port.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: April 04, 2017, 05:35:25 pm »

Dark Souls III Mac Port.
Never going to Happen.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: April 04, 2017, 05:38:40 pm »

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: April 04, 2017, 06:32:30 pm »

I was thinking about the "wimp mode" mod for SOMA, and it made me think about applying the idea "what if you could talk to the monsters" to a game like Amnesia. Where you can either just run and hide from the monsters, or you can try to convince them not to eat you. Naturally, you won't have time to do this if the monster can see you and is actively chasing you, so you'll have to talk from hiding. But if you talk, the monster will be able to locate you by sound. So you'd have to balance the concerns of talking to the monster and staying hidden.
Alternatively, you can just hide and run and try to kill the monsters using the environment.
But what if you don't want to convince the monster to change its intended diet? What if you would rather scurry around the room giggling menacingly from a dozen different dark corners at random?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7430 on: April 04, 2017, 06:59:06 pm »

I want Braid + Nuclear Throne. But then I just generally wish I could rewind time at will...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: April 04, 2017, 10:48:36 pm »

But what if you don't want to convince the monster to change its intended diet? What if you would rather scurry around the room giggling menacingly from a dozen different dark corners at random?
Then you'd eventually get to the monster who also wants to do that, and become locked in a very strange and creepy duel.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: April 04, 2017, 11:28:46 pm »

A game where you act as a God to a civilization.

Not one of those games with goals of anything, where you get limited resources or have to make sure your followers don't die.

Just a simulation-esque thing where you can do nearly anything, all in ASCII-style like DF.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: April 05, 2017, 02:07:43 am »

I wish there were some sort of roguelite game based on Elevator Action. It's held up incredibly well for such a simple, even downright primitive arcade game, and could serve as a pretty strong foundation for a modern action game. The NES port is still one of my favorite NES games.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: April 05, 2017, 03:15:36 am »

If you don't mind emulation have you tried Elevator Action Returns? It's a bit different but it's pretty much an updated version.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: April 05, 2017, 01:02:57 pm »

A game where you act as a God to a civilization.

Not one of those games with goals of anything, where you get limited resources or have to make sure your followers don't die.

Just a simulation-esque thing where you can do nearly anything, all in ASCII-style like DF.
I wish. Arcen Games made something like that, but it's still pretty restricted and it has graphics.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: April 12, 2017, 11:32:44 am »

Something like the recent Ace Combat games, but instead of planes it's How To Train Your Dragon.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #7437 on: April 12, 2017, 11:35:33 am »

Twisted Metal, local-multiplayer, modern PC version.

Just mod Rocket League already, will you?
I got nothing

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: April 15, 2017, 01:53:30 am »

I wish there was an RPG that wasn't so much a linear story as a web of interacting events that a proactive player can take part in. Like Majora's Mask, but over a week or two as opposed to three days, and without the reset mechanics.

The way you cheat and don't have to deal with a combinatorial explosion is to have it advance in terms of routes and branches like a visual novel, but have it running on a timer as opposed to entirely player-driven. Fill the space between junctures with a Bethesda-like daily routine, and have some in-universe way to give the player a notification when some important choice expires or becomes available.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: April 15, 2017, 10:05:34 am »

You make it sound a little like Dead Rising with its scoops and messages having a timer and eventually expiring. There are also scoops that only activate once certain survivors are rescued/if certain scoops are completed. Maybe take that and adapt it to an RPG?
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 577