Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1499494 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5595 on: February 03, 2014, 09:52:50 pm »

To the dorfs:

Why are you all sneaking everywhere? None of you have hunting enabled and there is absolutely no wildlife on the map, so I don't understand what would convince you to skulk everywhere.

I know you lot are sneaking because I've noticed your ambushing skills increasing and you are all moving unbelievably slow.

Confusing.
Uh-oh. Your dorfs think they're kobolds. They're all going to need professional help.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: February 03, 2014, 10:01:32 pm »

Uh-oh. Your dorfs think they're kobolds. They're all going to need professional help.

More like I messed up an interaction somewhere and now everything in the game is trying to be stealthy.

My dwarfs were 'ambushed' by a hidden snapping turtle.

Though I don't know what specifically caused this.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: February 04, 2014, 11:58:13 am »

Bug log: Mutant Ninja Turtles: Presumed cause: Teenagers.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: February 04, 2014, 01:37:54 pm »

Dear Urist McCaptain,

Your wife and infant child died because you and the rest of your squad were too busy throwing a party to save them from a giant langur, and then your mother in law threw a fit and kicked Udib the smith's brains out. His friend, in turn, threw a fit of his own, broke a door and flooded the entire industrial level with magma. This has caused 23 dwarves to burn alive, 2 to drown while heroically breaching the underground lake in an attempt to contain the catastrophe and 4 more innocent souls to be forever encased in obsidian. The rest of the fortress, understandably, erupted into a massive riot which culminated with our bookkeeper making your only friend into a shoe before starving to death. You currently are the only survivior out of a population of 80, wearing your dead friend on your right foot. Why the fuck are you still ecstatic?

Sincerely,
Your overseer.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: February 04, 2014, 01:40:33 pm »

Dear Overseer.

I'm ecstaic because my foot is incredibly warm! My old shoes were always way too cold.

Sincerely,
Urist McCaptain

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: February 04, 2014, 04:05:11 pm »

A note to the useless bloody idiots I call mechanics:
You were supposed to link that bridge to a lever.
Instead, you didn't, and a titan wandered in. Good job. You're assigned to the military. Happy death!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:07:19 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: February 04, 2014, 04:07:24 pm »

Kulet Sedil, 122, Sandstone.

A desert titan is attacking! And we have no military! PANIC! PANIC! YOU THERE! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU CAN HANDLE A WEAPON! TAKE THESE PEASANTS AND GO KILL IT!

____

Well, that's a dead war drake, and 3 less useless mouths to feed. Hip hip, hooray.

Dear Overseer

Those three "useless mouths" were my best friends. Now I'm going to throw a tantrum about this and bring your whole fortress to an end! Lets see how useless they were now.

From
Urist McAngry

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: February 04, 2014, 04:34:45 pm »

More like I messed up an interaction somewhere and now everything in the game is trying to be stealthy.

My dwarfs were 'ambushed' by a hidden snapping turtle.

Though I don't know what specifically caused this.

Awesome!

It probably won't be too useful against invaders, who don't really seem to be affected by your units' stealth, but the speed penalty slowly goes away with raising level (in fact, it entirely disappears at the fabled legendary +5 in adventurer mode) and training the skill improves agility, spatial and kinesthetic sense and focus, according to the Wiki.

Of course, keeping the professions apart might become difficult when everyone's flashing green.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: February 04, 2014, 04:42:02 pm »

Awesome!

It probably won't be too useful against invaders, who don't really seem to be affected by your units' stealth, but the speed penalty slowly goes away with raising level (in fact, it entirely disappears at the fabled legendary +5 in adventurer mode) and training the skill improves agility, spatial and kinesthetic sense and focus, according to the Wiki.

Of course, keeping the professions apart might become difficult when everyone's flashing green.

The problem was that everything was sneaking all the time, from dwarves to wild animals. The game would stop every few seconds because some random animal was spotted, and I couldn't see any of the wildlife on the map unless they got too close to the dwarves. It was happening in adventure mode too, and for some reason even my adventurer was involuntarily sneaking. Whenever I stopped sneaking it would automatically force me to start sneaking again.

I still don't know why that's happening, but for now I've disabled every hiding interaction.

blazing glory

« Reply #5604 on: February 04, 2014, 11:54:32 pm »

Dear Urist McCaptain,

Your wife and infant child died because you and the rest of your squad were too busy throwing a party to save them from a giant langur, and then your mother in law threw a fit and kicked Udib the smith's brains out. His friend, in turn, threw a fit of his own, broke a door and flooded the entire industrial level with magma. This has caused 23 dwarves to burn alive, 2 to drown while heroically breaching the underground lake in an attempt to contain the catastrophe and 4 more innocent souls to be forever encased in obsidian. The rest of the fortress, understandably, erupted into a massive riot which culminated with our bookkeeper making your only friend into a shoe before starving to death. You currently are the only survivior out of a population of 80, wearing your dead friend on your right foot. Why the fuck are you still ecstatic?

Sincerely,
Your overseer.
Dwarf fortress in it's rawest form

Mad Jackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: February 05, 2014, 10:48:28 pm »

Duplicate from the whats happening thread but it belongs more here anyway.

Dear Urist,

The trousers are for your legs. Please stop wearing them on your torso.

--Overseer

Lol, how does that happen?  Although are you thinking lower body as torso? Because that's waist down.
How does it happen that the guts and spleen and other organs are waist down?
The waist is actually right below the rib cage.  Where things get narrow on hourglass figures.
 The hips are not the waist.
an''t catch me!

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: February 05, 2014, 11:27:39 pm »

Dear Urist McSlab-o-miner,

I'm not even mad. There was 1 tile with 3 water. There was 1 tile with 1 magma. I just want to know...how did you even manage to be in it right as they combined?

Best of luck to you in your new life path as a rough obsidian wall. Maybe I'll make your slab out of you.

Regards,

The Overseer

blazing glory

« Reply #5607 on: February 05, 2014, 11:47:42 pm »

Dear Urist,

--Overseer

Lol, how does that happen?  Although are you thinking lower body as torso? Because that's waist down.
The waist is actually right below the rib cage.  Where things get narrow on hourglass figures.

Thus we have the problem,our urist is wearing pants right below his rib cage,while he should be wearing the pants on his legs so the lower body is at the same time below his ribcage and his legs

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: February 06, 2014, 12:42:23 am »

[/left]

Dear Urist,

--Overseer

Thus we have the problem,our urist is wearing pants right below his rib cage,while he should be wearing the pants on his legs so the lower body is at the same time below his ribcage and his legs

That's nothing, I had some kobold thiefs wear thongs on their heads.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 504