Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 656376 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #2850 on: December 01, 2014, 04:07:56 pm »

More like "Caution, wet floor". But it's upside down.

So, "Caution, wet ceiling"?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: December 01, 2014, 04:09:43 pm »

Caution: Wet brain.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: December 03, 2014, 05:53:47 pm »

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-mcmass-project

Can't tell if it's real or a joke, as I see not one iota of actual McDonalds branding anywhere on the indiegogo page or the company home page.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: December 03, 2014, 05:56:16 pm »

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-mcmass-project

Can't tell if it's real or a joke, as I see not one iota of actual McDonalds branding anywhere on the indiegogo page or the company home page.

Oh man, I thought it was hillarious when I heard about it before, but seeing the gogo page its even better.

Flexible Funding
This campaign will receive all funds even if it does not reach its goal.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: December 03, 2014, 06:04:43 pm »

If they need a million dollars, how can they fund their rewards with only the million that they are asking for?

Anyway, that aside, why don't churches have commercial things inside of them? Is that some religious thing? Because it sounds like a good idea to me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: December 03, 2014, 06:08:08 pm »

Anyway, that aside, why don't churches have commercial things inside of them? Is that some religious thing? Because it sounds like a good idea to me.

The last time commercial stuff was in a church in the bible, Jesus fucked 'em up.

I'm not even joking. Mathhew 21:12-13.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: December 03, 2014, 06:09:11 pm »

I assumed they did.  Don't some have coffee shops or something?

*Levi has never been in a church*  :-X
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: December 03, 2014, 06:13:20 pm »

Praise be The Lord of fatty foods, Ronald McDonald and his herald, Mayor McCheese
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: December 03, 2014, 06:22:12 pm »

I assumed they did.  Don't some have coffee shops or something?

*Levi has never been in a church*  :-X
At best I've seen some free lemonade/coffee post-mass, and occasionally cookies.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: December 03, 2014, 07:04:48 pm »

And almost never for sale unless it's a Church Bake Sale or something. My grandfather was pastor of a church for the first half of my life, so I saw a lot of that scene. He'd not have stood for something like that, and he owned several restaurants.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: December 04, 2014, 08:04:27 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/Q5xVDHT.png
While she claims to be a game developer, her kickstarter was for a guitar pedal project, not a game of some sort. I like how she continues to list a patreon there.

http://archive.today/YICbE
http://archive.today/5z2ow
http://archive.today/mqRQl
Anyone who is pissed I donated to @femfreq instead of using it on my IRS / KS debt can suck my dick....

From her kickstarter update posts:

I WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT THIS SINCE PEOPLE SEEM TO BE HAVING A VERY HARD TIME PAYING ATTENTION TO THE PREVIOUS UPDATES.

ONE : CONTACT ME AT CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM FROM NOW ON IF YOU NEED TO GET A HOLD OF ME

TWO : I CAN'T PAY BACK MORE BACKERS TILL I'VE PAID THE IRS. I OWE THE IRS A LOT OF MONEY. I -HAVE- ALREADY PAID BACK THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BEFORE MY IRS DEBT BECAME A BIGGER CONCERN, SO PLEASE STOP TELLING PEOPLE I AM TAKING THE MONEY AND RUNNING FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK. MY KICKSTARTER BACKERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO GET A HOLD OF ME AT CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM. ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A TROLL OR NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

THREE : I'M NOT MAKING A LIVING WAGE YET (I.E. I CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE, MY HEALTH IS FAILING IN VARIOUS ASPECTS, SO IT'S PRETTY FUCKING IMPORTANT I CAN AFFORD THESE THINGS BEFORE PAYING MORE PEOPLE BACK)

FOUR : UNTIL I PAY BACK THE IRS AND AM MAKING A LIVING WAGE, I CAN NOT CONTINUE TO PAYBACK KICKSTARTER SUPPORTERS. PERIOD. END OF STORY. I AM STILL WORKING HARD TO MAKE A LIVING WAGE AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN SOONER, THEN STOP ENABLING HARASSMENT OF ME, AND START SUPPORTING MY PIXEL ART, MUSIC, AND VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT.

FIVE : SEE ONE

ENABLING TROLLS, STALKERS, AND HARASSERS TO BOTHER ME ABOUT THIS VIA TWITTER IS NOT GOING TO HELP ME GET TO A BETTER PLACE FINANCIALLY, SO THOSE OF YOU DOING SO, PLEASE STOP

ONCE AGAIN, YOU CAN -ALWAYS- GET A HOLD OF ME VIA CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM

ONCE AGAIN, THAT IS CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM

CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM

P.S. ON A MORE PERSONAL NOTE, I AM NO LONGER GOING BY THE NAME DEVI EVER, SO PLEASE RESPECT THAT AS I HAVE WRITTEN HERE, AND REFER TO ME AS GRACE LYNN. THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO RUN AWAY FROM MY DEBTS, BUT A VERY PERSONAL DECISION. ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE READ HERE AND RESPECT MY DECISION.

This is not a joke.

I want this to be over with.

People are now organizing a harassment campaign against me, enabling people not even involved in this kickstarter including a stalker who has been harassing me on a daily basis for three years.

I have no money to give anyone.

I can't even pay for my own medical coverage.

I just want this over with.

Please sue me. I beg of you. Take me to court. Have this all done.

You won't get your money any fucking quicker, but you'll ruin my life just like you want, and we can all be over with this.

I just want the harassment to end.

I'm begging you.

tl;dr: Kickstarter project gets funded, doesn't get finished, donates money to Feminist Frequency rather than paying backers back and paying taxes. Now she's playing the harassment victim card and in emotional distress due to the government expecting taxes to get paid.

"when kickstarters go nuclear" perhaps.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: December 04, 2014, 08:23:19 pm »

I wonder if his patrons of patreon know of his awful kickstarter behavior.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: December 04, 2014, 08:25:04 pm »

Reminds me of that 'pictures for sad children' kickstarter meltdown. I wonder if she'll also get away with it (I don't think the person responsible for the webcomic stuff ever got in any legal trouble.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: December 04, 2014, 08:27:46 pm »

Reminds me of that 'pictures for sad children' kickstarter meltdown. I wonder if she'll also get away with it (I don't think the person responsible for the webcomic stuff ever got in any legal trouble.)
I don't know much about what happened to the web-comic guy, other than that he went insane and that no-body likes talking about him anymore. As for this guy here, some of the people in the comments are threatening him with the Kickstarter policies, though I'm not sure how much teeth they have.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: December 04, 2014, 08:28:24 pm »

I wonder if his patrons of patreon know of his awful kickstarter behavior.
*her

At least the sun didn't tell her to stop.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 213