Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4566 4567 [4568] 4569 4570 ... 10987

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13394929 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68505 on: January 28, 2015, 10:05:16 pm »

Cata has taught me that in case of zombie apocalypse, it's perfectly OK to use drugs as long as they're stimulants.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68506 on: January 28, 2015, 10:05:55 pm »

If it's a legitimate zompocalypse, all the sobriety in the world is not going to save you. Presumably the thought pattern is if you're stoned out of your mind, at least the quality of what little time you have left to live will be positive, and you'll hopefully be too out of it to feel the existential horror that comes from being bitten and slowly zombifying and/or being eaten.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68507 on: January 28, 2015, 10:06:38 pm »

I'm going to recommend against the copious use of blood pressure raising drugs in the presence of zombies.  Who want your blood.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #68508 on: January 28, 2015, 10:16:20 pm »

Cata has taught me that in case of zombie apocalypse, it's perfectly OK to use drugs as long as they're stimulants.
Cata has taught me that with copious use of cocaine I can do anything. From fighting zombie bears to installing a solar powered oven in my chest cavity.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68509 on: January 28, 2015, 10:21:31 pm »

Cata has taught me that with copious use of cocaine I can do anything. From fighting zombie bears to installing a solar powered oven in my chest cavity.
I'm reminded of a TamerVirus quote...
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68510 on: January 28, 2015, 10:46:56 pm »

What's it called if two people become friends (no expectation of sex, love, etc) and only later does one develop romantic feelings towards the other while the other doesn't share those feelings?

^ what I originally thought the term "friend zone" referred to.
Well, it depends. Personally, I'd call it "unfortunate", but depending on the personality of the person with romantic feelings, they might group it under the same phenomenon. Many people who do get into a friendship hoping to progress to romance may also insist that your scenario is what happened, so in practice it's difficult to distinguish. That being the case, the most useful heuristic (to me, anyway) is that anybody who has unreciprocated romantic feelings with a friend, and feels as though that friend is behaving wrongly by not reciprocating, has friendzoned themselves (and that there is no other way into the friend zone). The circumstances that got them there aren't too relevant.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68511 on: January 28, 2015, 10:53:09 pm »

Hmm. Thanks, I think I understand the dislike for the term a little more. I had thought it was afairly inoffensive concept and couldn't understand why folks would hate on it so much :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68512 on: January 28, 2015, 11:04:37 pm »

What's it called if two people become friends (no expectation of sex, love, etc) and only later does one develop romantic feelings towards the other while the other doesn't share those feelings?
An unrequited crush. Also, painful.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68513 on: January 28, 2015, 11:05:21 pm »

An unrequited crush. Also, painful.
Very :c
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68514 on: January 28, 2015, 11:08:12 pm »

Did the math.  Money (and thus quality of living and especially diet) will be tight  for the next 30-65 days.
  Sigh.  Choosing phone over food.  Hopefully a job will swing my way. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68515 on: January 28, 2015, 11:12:02 pm »

Because the whole thing is sexist, that's why.

What is the real definition then? clearly the one I was given is completely wrong, so what is the real one? Since there is nothing in the definition about being "Owed" anything.

Ohh well, I'll drop it... I'll talk to someone a bit more knowledgeable about this then.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:19:55 pm by Neonivek »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68516 on: January 29, 2015, 02:01:33 am »

Surfing the web, I somehow managed to stumble upon this.

Apparently, 12.5% of African blood can now make a man fully black. It's not that this is somehow wrong, this is just... wierd. By that logic, I can claim to be of Mongoloid descent, and that feels rather, I don't know, strained?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #68517 on: January 29, 2015, 02:04:02 am »

Surfing the web, I somehow managed to stumble upon this.

Apparently, 12.5% of African blood can now make a man fully black. It's not that this is somehow wrong, this is just... wierd. By that logic, I can claim to be of Mongoloid descent, and that feels rather, I don't know, strained?
What the actual fuck.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68518 on: January 29, 2015, 02:05:31 am »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #68519 on: January 29, 2015, 02:05:37 am »

I can play fetch with my cat.

It's apparently much easier to fake out a cat with a pump-fake than a dog.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 4566 4567 [4568] 4569 4570 ... 10987