Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21402 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #315 on: November 25, 2020, 09:42:11 am »

>Dual wield my revolver and submachine gunblade and shoot at the revolver robber (the obvious threat) before amputating the lyre robber's head with my submachine gunblade.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 02:48:28 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2020, 10:49:43 am »

Buy a substance from the hippies to help me astrally project

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2020, 05:00:19 pm »

Turn 18
Poik the invisible person, turning them from invisible to in-alive.
((Aya-Vary-Jury Knife Fighting 37%=8% Success!) vs (Invisible Person Dodge 15%=2% Success!) (37%-8%=29%) vs (15%-2%=13%) Aya-Vary-Jury Wins))
You slash at the invisible person and manage to connect, doing (5d6 Slash=19) nineteen slash damage with your liquid nothing blade, which is reduced by the invisible person's slash resist (-10 Resist) to an effective nine slash damage (9 slash=27% Still conscious). They're still fighting, but you can see some blood dripping down the side of their invisible body (Bleed effect).

The invisible person tries to get you back for that, (Invisible Person Punch 18%=99% Failure) and just completely whiffs. Thank goodness no one can see them, because that was just super embarrassing.

(Perspective: Great 85%=65% Success!) You realize that you can hear the sound of copious gunfire from outside your dream. Actually, about two dream levels up, at this point.

Al considered telling the lizardperson more, but considered maybe he should hold a few things back. For all he knew, the lizardperson might be lying about her intentions. Still though, he supposed he could drop an additional minor hint. He would tell something that is technically true. "I do have something else you could take, but it would probably just be a waste of your time. I sold something that belonged to the assassin at a pawn shop back in Beachhaven. It was a keychain, but with no keys attached. Frankly I think the thing is worthless but you can take the pawn slip for it if you really wanted. We won't be missing the thing."

Bartholomew chipped in. "As it turns out, there's a completely different job we have in mind which has a chance to not have deadly assassins involved, but lets be real I'd estimate maybe a 70% chance that there will be sooner or later. We are looking for something in the Mountains of Dusk you see. I'll tell you straight up though, this one's probably going to get a little kooky by the time we are done."

Al comments. "I don't think that number's based on anything."

Bartholomew comments. "Shut up!"

Neither Al nor Bartholomew were inclined to offer a huge payday for the revenge thing, so this one would be on the Lizardperson if they wanted to follow up on this.
The ettin mentioned one last clue and handed the lizardperson a pawn slip for a keychain he got off the assassin, which he had sold in Beachhaven. Didn't seem like much, but I've solved cases on less than that.

Still, I was relieved to learn that my services weren't being requested for that particular job. Sure, I was curious about the whole business, but I figure it's better to be curious and alive than well-informed and dead.

Apparently, they wanted me to help them find something in the Mountain of Dusk, which my office was currently headed towards. Also, there was some disagreement about whether or not assassins would be involved in this one, and the likelihood of such a thing happening.

"Well, since you seem to be being straight with me, and no assassins have appeared on this particular job so far, and because I do need the money, I'll take your case," I said.

The lizardperson spoke up, "Alright, well, I should get going now, but I think I'll try to find out what I can with you've given me, and I'll let you know how it went if I see you again."

"I am Bubba the zebra Wagonmancer and I found you in some rubble that used to be an abandoned building."
"Ah, a wagonmancer. What purpose does a wagonmancer have for consulting Kolmath the Knowledgeable?"

>Dual wield my revolver and submachine gunblade and shoot at the revolver robber (the obvious threat) before amputating the lyre robber's head with my submachine gunblade.

((Lord Screech Firearms 56%=2% Success!) vs (Robber Dodge 26%=49% Failure))
You shoot the revolver robber for (Revolver 2d6 Bullet=9)(Submachine Gunblade 4d6 Bullet=13) twenty-two bullet damage, for a total of thirty-four bullet damage, which is reduced by their Bullet Resistance to (-5 Resist) and effective twenty-nine bullet damage (29 Bullet=55% Still conscious), which still doesn't bring them down.

Then you slash at the lyre robber (Lord Screech Justice IV (73)=38% Success!) vs (Robber Dodge 26%=1% Success!) (73%-38%=35%) vs (26%-1%=25%) Lord Screech Wins) for (2d6 Slash=10) ten slash damage, which reduced by their slash resistance (-8 Resist) to two slash damage (2 Slash +3 Smack=5 damage=92% Still conscious), so it doesn't really effect them.

Then the revolver robber shoots at you (Robber Revolvers 23%=55% Failure), missing completely.

The lyre robber keeps trying to bash you with their broken lyre (Robber Musical Instrument 27%=84% Failure) and failing.

And the robot controller (Robot Handling 18%=8% Success!) finally manages to get the robot to work properly, commanding it to attack the teller booth's bullet and spell-proof windows, which it (Punch 35%=43% Failure) does not manage to do this round.

Buy a substance from the hippies to help me astrally project
The hippies refuse to take money from you, both because they like you, and because they "don't believe in that sort of thing (money)".

(Hippies Drug Procurement 35%=89% Failure)
The other reason they won't accept your money is that they just don't have the particular substance you need on hand at the moment.

(Hippies Drug Lore 79%=33% Success!)
However, they do know where you could find what you need. The plant is called Daydream Poppy, and it grows under the Ruby Bluff Bridge here in town.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 25, 2020, 05:14:42 pm »

Al responds. "Our client is willing to pay out 400 Gembricks for each participant, up to a certain limit after the job is completed. If you wanted payment in advance, I would only be able to do so via Republic Coins or Elvish Silver; and not as much of it; though  it could be in your hands right now."

Bartholomew speaks. "What we need to do is track down the Elixir of Misfortune."
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • meat that thinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2020, 06:19:06 pm »

Man, this fight is boring. Bring my lucid dreaming one-layer-down and kiss the invisible person.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 25, 2020, 07:17:20 pm »

>Use both my revolver and submachine gunblade to shoot at the revolver robber's head until he dies. After that, use my submachine gunblade to sever numerous vital arteries inside the lyre robber's neck.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 07:19:14 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2020, 05:03:19 am »

"Um, maybe you could teach me some additional wagonmancer spells or any spells."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2020, 11:19:49 pm »

Al responds. "Our client is willing to pay out 400 Gembricks for each participant, up to a certain limit after the job is completed. If you wanted payment in advance, I would only be able to do so via Republic Coins or Elvish Silver; and not as much of it; though  it could be in your hands right now."

Bartholomew speaks. "What we need to do is track down the Elixir of Misfortune."
The ettin gave me the lowdown on the payment situation. 400 Gembricks when the job was completed, to be paid my some mysterious client. And also some payment upfront, though not much,  just some Republic Coins or Elvish Silver, but it would be nice to have some money in hand to pay off my bills, by which I mean my various bar tabs.

Then he gave me the skinny on the job. Apparently they were after the Misfortune Elixir. (Blones Mackenry Noodle-Usin’ 23%+Lowdown-Havin’ 16%=39%>d100=95% Failure) Frankly, I never heard of the thing. But (Blones Sleuthin’ 32%+Savvy 30%=62%>d100=60% Success!) I could tell from the look on this guy's mugs that it wasn't gonna be no walk in the park. On the other hand, I really did need the money.

"Alright, I'm gonna be honest with you, fella. Something about this job don't smell too right. But I need the dough, so I'll take the job, so long as you provide money up front. And don't think about trying to double-cross me, or you'll get a taste of this hear heater," I said, flashing my trusty old 8C-XP4 "Serenity" in my shoulder holster.

Man, this fight is boring. Bring my lucid dreaming one-layer-down and kiss the invisible person.
(Power: Low (20%)=25% Failure)
You try to bring yourself down a level of dreaming, but you can't quite manage it.

And the invisible person, seeing no reason not to continue hostilities, keeps attacking you. (Invisible Person Punch 18%=79% Failure) And they still miss. But they're trying.

>Use both my revolver and submachine gunblade to shoot at the revolver robber's head until he dies. After that, use my submachine gunblade to sever numerous vital arteries inside the lyre robber's neck.

((Lord Screech Firearms 56%=29% Success!) vs (Robber Dodge 26%=41% Failure))

You shoot at the robber some more with the revolver and gunblade, hitting for (Revolver 2d6 Bullet=12)(Submachine Gunblade 4d6 Bullet=18) thirty more bullet damage, for a total of sixty-four bullet damage, which is reduced by resistance (-5 Resist) to an effective fifty-nine bullet damage (59 Bullet=97% Still conscious) which still hasn't killed them.

(Justice IV (73)=74% Failure)
You attempt to cycle the revolver faster to try to kill this robber quicker, but you just can't manage it. (Base Luck roll 10%=25% Failure) Also, try as you might, you are unable to will the submachine gunblade into increasing its firerate.

(Lord Screech Justice IV (73)=9% Success!) vs (Robber Dodge 26%=86% Success!)
However, you're able to slash at the lyre-wielding robber well enough to do some damage, about (2d6 Slash=5) five slash worth, for a total of fifteen slash, which is reduced (-8 Resist) to an effective seven slash (7 slash+3 smack=10 damage=26% still conscious), which doesn't quite sever their neck.

Then the revolver robber shoots at you once more ((Robber Revolvers 23%=9% Success!) vs (Lord Screech Justice IV (73)=72% Success!) (23%-9%=14%) vs (73%-72%) Robber Wins)), hitting you for (2d6 bullet=4) four bullet damage, bringing you up to ten total bullet damage, which (-41 Resist) still doesn't even phase you.

The lyre-wielder tries to bash you again (Robber Musical Instrument 27%=39% Failure), still not having much effect.

The robot handler tries to get the robot to hit the glass again (Robber Robot Handling 18%=26% Failure), although the robot (Robot Command-Following 33%=98% Failure) might have continued its action if it had better subroutines, but, unfortunately for the robbers, it is now just punching at the air.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

"Um, maybe you could teach me some additional wagonmancer spells or any spells."
(Kolmath the Knowledgeable Genius-level intellect (75%)=71% Success!)
"I am familiar with these wagonmancer spells of which you speak," (Bubba Charisma: Not very (13%)=4% Success!) "and will teach you some."

And so Kolmath the Knowledgeable proceeds to teach you (d10=3) three wagonmancer spells, which you will need to master to be able to use.

The first spell uses wagon energy to create armor. It requires the drawing of sigils. This style of magic requires the caster to store and release magical energy.

The second spell, when performed properly, should allow the capture and control of any wagon. It requires special poems, various talismans, and careful visualization. This style of magic draws its power from the unconscious desires of the caster's species.

The third spell allows the alteration of a wagon’s form. It requires touching the target, clay for forming images, and careful visualization.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • meat that thinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2020, 11:22:43 pm »

mmh

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2020, 12:04:38 am »

Al will ask Blones Mackenry which form of payment he prefers. He can hand him either 161 Elvish Silver or 149 Republic Coins. It would be possible for Blones to get both, but only if he chooses to attempt and succeed at a bartering check. (He can also make a second roll attempt on the other head, but with disadvantage if he fails the first roll)

If Blones isn't inclined to take the job after all, then Al would be willing to hire him for a lesser job of just checking for rumors around the train until getting to Dusk Mountain. This lesser job doesn't require actually leaving the train, but the pay is just a handful of coins.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 27, 2020, 04:14:36 am »

"Thank you for the spells I'll make use of them once I'm able to learn them, now is there anything I can do for you and is there a particular place you would like to go because I'm relatively sure you wouldn't want to live in the rubble I found you in."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2020, 08:38:58 am »

>End this fucking overly long encounter already with the power of ultraviolence. I refuse to believe that anyone can take that much punishment to the head and still be able to stand up straight.

it's over

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2020, 09:08:38 am »

Forage for Daydream Poppy

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 27, 2020, 04:07:10 pm »

Turn 19

Suddenly, the planet Lliolea stops being aligned with the planet Modroitov, causing the functions of taking damage to change. No longer will people roll for damage. Instead, all applicable resistances will subtract from damage as much as they can, and and if damage builds up past the point that no resistance can hold it back anymore, a person is taken out.

Al will ask Blones Mackenry which form of payment he prefers. He can hand him either 161 Elvish Silver or 149 Republic Coins. It would be possible for Blones to get both, but only if he chooses to attempt and succeed at a bartering check. (He can also make a second roll attempt on the other head, but with disadvantage if he fails the first roll)

If Blones isn't inclined to take the job after all, then Al would be willing to hire him for a lesser job of just checking for rumors around the train until getting to Dusk Mountain. This lesser job doesn't require actually leaving the train, but the pay is just a handful of coins.
(d3=2)
The ettin offered me a choice: a bit more Elvish Silver or a bit less Republic Coins. "I'll take the Republic Coins," I said, (Savvy 30%+Lowdown-Havin’ 16%=46%<d100=16% Success!) knowing that the Republic was expanding these days, and, sure, lots of shops still ask for all kinds of different currencies, but it wouldn't be long before most places switched over. Plus, the barkeep at the The Roaming Lemure hates elves, and wouldn't take their silver, no matter how I acquired it.

"So, anything else you feel like mentioning, or are we done here?"

"Thank you for the spells I'll make use of them once I'm able to learn them, now is there anything I can do for you and is there a particular place you would like to go because I'm relatively sure you wouldn't want to live in the rubble I found you in."
"I'm fine to go wherever you wish to take me, but I desire blood. Fresh blood, and preferably from a sapient creature."

>End this fucking overly long encounter already with the power of ultraviolence. I refuse to believe that anyone can take that much punishment to the head and still be able to stand up straight.

Suddenly, the revolver-wielding robber drops dead. (Prudence V (88)=88% Success!) You only just manage to remember that the Lliolea-Modroitov planetary alignment was meant to end right about now, ending the chance for people to stay alive after they've taken lots of damage.

The lyre robber is still alive, likely because they have some other ability to withstand damage, so you slash at them with the submachine gunblade (Justice IV (73)=82% Failure), but don't connect. However, you shoot at them (Firearms (56%)=79% Failure) and still miss.

They respond with violence in kind (Robber Musical Instrument 27%=58% Failure), but are no more successful than you.

The robot handler keeps trying to open the window as best they can (Robber Robot Handling 18%=25% Failure), which isn't very well, and the robot (Robot Command-Following 33%=40% Failure) is still just punching at the empty air.

Overall, no one's looking great in this room right now.

Forage for Daydream Poppy
With the hippies' directions, you easily make it to the Ruby Bluff Bridge where the Daydream Poppy can be found, but you notice it's being guarded by an Echo Leprechaun.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 27, 2020, 04:19:05 pm »

Al hands over the Republic Coins. "We have some other people working on this job as well; they're also on this train. I should probably take you to meet them."
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23