Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we skip round five in return for a free shape land action next round?

YES!
- 4 (50%)
No!
- 1 (12.5%)
Meh
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 01, 2014, 02:04:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds: OOC - Coop World Generation  (Read 9461 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds: OOC - Coop World Generation
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2014, 01:39:18 pm »

Aye, but there's generally a better reason than 'They're my race'. On a city level, some amount is tolerable. On a god level, less so, as it holds the power to wipe things out both far too easily and boringly.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2014, 02:46:03 pm »

Aye, but there's generally a better reason than 'They're my race'. On a city level, some amount is tolerable. On a god level, less so, as it holds the power to wipe things out both far too easily and boringly.
Not necessarily. Sure it's not "that's my race" but several time in history there have been wars over "their race is inferior and should be exterminated".

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2014, 03:09:24 pm »

Not necessarily. Sure it's not "that's my race" but several time in history there have been wars over "their race is inferior and should be exterminated".
Or more commonly "You have things we want, so you must die".

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2014, 03:12:17 pm »

My point being that neither of these is the case here.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2014, 03:15:28 pm »

Not as much as you might think. I can't think of a single example that wasn't more motivated by "these people have gold" or "these heathens are heathens" or something than "these people are inferior". In fact, aside from the black/white dynamics, I can't think of a time when people really acted on any feelings of superiority, or had them.

Besides, the action in question is a god striking down the personification of a magical storm. I'd say that's a lot less inferior than every creature in the world.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2014, 03:18:29 pm »

Not as much as you might think. I can't think of a single example that wasn't more motivated by "these people have gold" or "these heathens are heathens" or something than "these people are inferior". In fact, aside from the black/white dynamics, I can't think of a time when people really acted on any feelings of superiority, or had them.
There's "You're inferior now, but we want to keep you that way", though.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2014, 01:00:37 pm »

Ok, I'm gonma say i've lost interest in this a bit. It's running too slowly to stick in my head, so I really don't feel up to GMing any more. If someone else wants to have a stab at GMing, feel free - or with this you could even carry on without one. Regardless, I'll leave it up to you guys.

Sigtext

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2014, 02:56:02 pm »

:(

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2014, 06:06:40 pm »

I'l try taking over GM'ing this, if noone minds, since the only thing to really do is calculate the power gains.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2014, 09:33:32 pm »

Means we don't get sjm's artwork improvement.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]