Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66945 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - Hammer Strike
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2009, 06:22:11 pm »

Well, just start going through and looking at each person. Look at what they do and what they don't do.

Alexhans and Chaoticjosh are both acting pretty town so far, so I'm putting them lower on the list of suspects.
Alexhans because he's acting more like his true town self then his fake town self (from what I've seen of his playstyle)
Josh because giving the town a confirmed player to rally around seems like a dumb move for scum, and I think he'd save that power for later if he was scum.

Mr.Person has acted rather oddly, and while lynching Josh should be good for the town I'm not sure that Mr.Person has our best interests at heart. So, FOS: Mr.Person
brothernature and Boksi have both been pretty quiet, so I'd like to hear more from them. FOS: brothernature and Boksi for lurking (borthernature less so, since his Internet was out. Still, he hasn't tried to do much the times he was on, so it still stays).

I'll have to go back through and look at everyone else, but at least that's a start.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 23, 2009, 06:52:21 pm »

I love how you think cj isn't scum because he advocated using his power, yet you're FoSing me for... wanting him to use his power. I must be missing something, what exactly do you mean by "doesn't have the best interests of the town at heart"?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 23, 2009, 06:53:17 pm »

Mr Person, mind if I talk to you about a few things?

After looking through your posts I've noticed that you've been very unconventional.

You've spent a large amount of time arguing with people when they make an accusations on another person.  It makes scumhunting rather difficult since the debates get derailed by your defense.  Meanwhile, for a large while, you weren't doing much to hunt for mafia.  Why not let the accused speak for themselves?  How do you expect the town to find the scum when you keep getting in their way? 

When you do make an accusation, it's riding on another person's argument.  When Cheetar accused Panda you pushed Cheetar for more info then, when given, went for the vote.  You had NO questions to Panda?  If Cheetar didn't speak out would you had said anything?  Are you trying to get others to do the work for you?   

Then there's this:

You do know it's still day 1 and random voting is still ok, right?

Then later

Yes, random voting should be frowned upon. We WOULD much rather hear opinions on what Alexhans did, the Pandarsenic thing, ect and more importantly, who's scum and who's town. On the other hand, it might kick up more info, so it really isn't a bad thing to still be random voting, so don't worry so much about it.

Random voting in day 1 is ok, but random voting should be frowned upon, but it really isn't a bad thing to still be random voting.

Did I get that right?

Lastly, there's this:

Pandarsenic, what's your take on the whole Alexhans issue? I think he's town, myself, but I want to hear what the rest of you guys say.

then later

This is going to sound terrible, because it is, but I was trying to get Alexhans night killed by the mafia.

So you tried to get a townie killed by the mafia.  Am I reading that right?

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2009, 06:58:45 pm »

Nice job, Josh, if this works as you say it will. I find it funny that the Pandar-inspired role fixes up after the Alexhans-inspired role (that appears to me to be the only use for Cobrarsenic).

...AND Alexhans can shoot for scum again...and Alexhans can shoot again.

WHY ARE YOU SO CERTAIN ALEX IS TOWNIE? Alex being able to hammer-kill again is not a good thing if he's scum. Are you trying to link yourself and Alex together? Because it's working. You keep acting like you know he's town, but he doesn't seem to reciprocate the feeling. You say it's okay to still random vote, but then as soon as Alex says differently, you do a turnabout and say it should be frowned upon. FoS M.P again. Actually. Upon further review. You even voted for Alex first before moving on and constantly agreeing with him, which is a common scumtell. It's like you're going out of your way to make yourself look like scum.

...Are Drakonian and Dracron both on the same side? That's the only reasoning I can think of for you to act like you 2 are on a team together if you're a townie, other than some ridiculous scheme of yours.

Anyway. At this point, it would appear my vote doesn't matter, as there's already 10 (?) votes on Josh (or is unanimous voting required for his power to work? o,0). More attention needs to be paid to lurkers once Josh revives Web. So until then, I'll be using my vote to apply "pressure" to lurkers. Because lurking is bad. And lurkers can be killed by ChAoTiCjIm at night.

Unvote dakarian. I vote boksi. Do something useful and productive. Just posting with any vague attempt at content is better than nothing.

[Pre-post Edit:] Jesus Christ. 5 new posts while I wrote mine? o,0
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2009, 07:01:08 pm »

I love how you think cj isn't scum because he advocated using his power, yet you're FoSing me for... wanting him to use his power. I must be missing something, what exactly do you mean by "doesn't have the best interests of the town at heart"?

It's not the use of Josh's power that bothers me. Nothing wrong with that plan at all (now that we know it's his actual power). It's the fact that you want to just go "Oh, nevermind talking about anything else or doing any more scum hunting. Let's just use Josh's power and be done with it."

I fail to see how that's useful in any way. If I understand it correctly, his power is going to wipe all the votes, bring Webadict back, and give Alexhans his ability to use again. It's not going to magically get all the scum for us or tell us who to lynch. We'll be right back at voting and talking. So why hurry it along? Who does that help?

And I hadn't noticed some of the stuff dakarian brought up, be has some very good points. You're acting very odd and I'm really starting to think you don't have the town's best interests at heart.

How about you start helping us find scum instead of trying to block everyone's attempts at questioning other people?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2009, 07:32:01 pm »

Nice job, Josh, if this works as you say it will. I find it funny that the Pandar-inspired role fixes up after the Alexhans-inspired role (that appears to me to be the only use for Cobrarsenic).

...AND Alexhans can shoot for scum again...and Alexhans can shoot again.

WHY ARE YOU SO CERTAIN ALEX IS TOWNIE? Alex being able to hammer-kill again is not a good thing if he's scum. Are you trying to link yourself and Alex together? Because it's working. You keep acting like you know he's town, but he doesn't seem to reciprocate the feeling. You say it's okay to still random vote, but then as soon as Alex says differently, you do a turnabout and say it should be frowned upon. FoS M.P again. Actually. Upon further review. You even voted for Alex first before moving on and constantly agreeing with him, which is a common scumtell. It's like you're going out of your way to make yourself look like scum.

...Are Drakonian and Dracron both on the same side? That's the only reasoning I can think of for you to act like you 2 are on a team together if you're a townie, other than some ridiculous scheme of yours.

Anyway. At this point, it would appear my vote doesn't matter, as there's already 10 (?) votes on Josh (or is unanimous voting required for his power to work? o,0). More attention needs to be paid to lurkers once Josh revives Web. So until then, I'll be using my vote to apply "pressure" to lurkers. Because lurking is bad. And lurkers can be killed by ChAoTiCjIm at night.

Unvote dakarian. I vote boksi. Do something useful and productive. Just posting with any vague attempt at content is better than nothing.

[Pre-post Edit:] Jesus Christ. 5 new posts while I wrote mine? o,0

I'm not certain he's a townie, but there are 2 things I should point out. One, I just think he's a on the town, I'm not sure, but I think he is. Two, even if he is scum, it's best if he shoots today after hearing what everybody has said. This is like the Infinity Voter, we don't want his power at lylo. It comes down to that, really. Chaoticjosh mentioned that Alexhans shooting again would be good, why aren't you drilling him?

I said random voting was ok, although we should look down on it. I don't see how this is hard to understand, you SHOULDN'T do it at this point, but it's not a reason to get in a fight. If that doesn't make any sense, just ignore it. It's not a big deal.

I refuse to answer any questions about what my role is at the present time. Nice role fishing, btw.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2009, 07:46:40 pm »

Chaoticjosh mentioned that Alexhans shooting again would be good, why aren't you drilling him?

I guess I skimmed over his posts a bit too much, then. Regardless (as in, to both of you and everyone), Alexhans hammer-killing again willy nilly is not good is basically what I was getting at. We've already seen what that can result in (the very needless killing of a townie), and it should not be done again. Like you said in your second point, he should only hammer-kill if the majority of people agree with him. If he does freely hammer-kill, he'll be confirmed scum.

I refuse to answer any questions about what my role is at the present time. Nice role fishing, btw.

I didn't ask what your role is. It was a question directed more at Leafsnail, though upon further thought, I suppose he'll only answer someone with one of those roles. And I don't see how asking a question about roles (not who has them) is rolefishing.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2009, 07:57:52 pm »

Funny, your first post about random voting was here

Redwarrior random voted, so Diakron called him down on it.

You then attacked Diakron by saying that it's ok to random vote Day 1.

Alexhans then pushed back at you saying "but RVS is over".

You reply with that "it should be looked down upon"

Even though it all started by Diakron looking down on Redwarrior's random vote.

Your stance isn't as clear as you make it, and the attempt to brush that off won't work here. 

Meanwhile, you haven't said a thing about the REST of my post.  Question Dodging?  That's VERY scummy.
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2009, 08:32:24 pm »

Funny, your first post about random voting was here

Redwarrior random voted, so Diakron called him down on it.

You then attacked Diakron by saying that it's ok to random vote Day 1.

Alexhans then pushed back at you saying "but RVS is over".

You reply with that "it should be looked down upon"

Even though it all started by Diakron looking down on Redwarrior's random vote.

Your stance isn't as clear as you make it, and the attempt to brush that off won't work here. 

Meanwhile, you haven't said a thing about the REST of my post.  Question Dodging?  That's VERY scummy.

Oh, you mean that crap where you say I'm "making it hard to scumhunt"? No comment, really, as if you think me giving my opinion is bad, by all means, ask me to stop giving my opinion.

Seriously, you're attacking me for giving my opinion? You might want to rethink your accusation there, it's a terrible one.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2009, 08:53:04 pm »

Why I'm accusing you.

You aren't scumhunting.  You aren't accusing people of being scummy.  You aren't taking bad statements and calling people out for it. 

When others do just that, you step in and defend the other.  Perhaps if you turned around and showed them their own misteps it would be a scumhunt, but once they pull away you do nothing else to them.  If they continue to argue, you jump to their side and say "you're right".

Then once in a while, you jump with someone and tell everyone to not question their actions.  When I did question you strike at me with it.

Your arguments wish and wash, you attempt to control the town, and you pick and choose your arguments (I noticed you said nothing about my "you wanted a townie nightkilled!?" comment).  You think just name calling the argument and acting in a huff will push me away?  That makes things worse.

Because now I believe you're gone past just being an Unhelpful Townie, which I may fuss at but won't lynch.  I believe you're trying hard, VERY HARD, to confuse, harass, and control the town.  It's not the best scum play at all, but that's how some try to do it.

So yes, I'm going to firmly say it.  You, sir are scum.  When the day resets (so we can get Webactict back) you'll be lynched.

Now, got some REAL counterarguments, or will you solidify my stance by dismissing it all with hyperbole, strawmen, and insults?
I KNEW IT!

brothernature

• Escaped Lunatic
  • You really are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2009, 09:03:30 pm »

Why don't we get Alex to hammer-kill Person when the day resets instead of wasting the days lynch? I'd much rather do that, so if he does flip town, we might have a chance to lynch scum today.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2009, 09:47:32 pm »

A hybrid idea:

I want to hear other people's ideas on the matter, which is usually what the lynch allows.  However, I like the idea of using up the daykill instead of the day.

So how about this: instead of Vote use "Daykill"  If you believe Person is scum, do Daykill: Person.  If we get enough of those 'votes' on him, then Alex can hammer and we can use the rest of the day to go from there.

So Alex, don't hammer him early.  Wait for the rest of the town to put their input in.

For myself,

Daykill: Person
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2009, 10:13:11 pm »

A hybrid idea:

I want to hear other people's ideas on the matter, which is usually what the lynch allows.  However, I like the idea of using up the daykill instead of the day.

So how about this: instead of Vote use "Daykill"  If you believe Person is scum, do Daykill: Person.  If we get enough of those 'votes' on him, then Alex can hammer and we can use the rest of the day to go from there.

So Alex, don't hammer him early.  Wait for the rest of the town to put their input in.

For myself,

Daykill: Person

Trying to control the town is a valid strategy and you know it. After all, if the town does what I want and I'm right, I win. By extension, so will the rest of the town. Besides, I'm not even trying to control the town. When did I do that? What have I told the town to do, listen to Chaoticjosh because him lying would be insane? Do you call that "controlling the town"? I don't, I just stated the obvious. I suppose you could call the day shortening thing controlling the town, but seriously? What have you learned today that couldn't be learned during the second today? Does it matter? Also note that Webadict isn't here to say anything, so we're actually DOWN a voice!

Personally, I think you are the one with the shitty strawmen arguments in a desperate attempt to get me lynched, mafia-man. I'm not sure why, since if Alexhans is scum, you'd be killing off his number one supporter. If he isn't, you're breaking up an unlikely voting block, since I almost know Alexhans isn't going to think I'm town. (Oh, look at that, strawman argument just like you. Did you note that I left out the possibility that you're a misguided townie, just like you left out the possibility I'm a townie? I guess looking beyond what you want to see is too hard for you, eh?)

On your "You wanted a townie nightkilled?!?" thing, well think about it for a second. What, were you expecting the mafia to nightkill themselves? No, chucklefuck, they're going to nightkill townies. And who, pray tell, should the mafia kill? Why, they should kill the weakest townies who are the most suspicious, So yes, I was trying to get Alexhans nightkilled both because after the second day 1, he'll be a regular townie and because we'll all WIFOM over backwards about if he's scum or not. I say fuck that, I want Alexhans night killed. Skips all the bullshit and gets right to everybody else, who are way easier to read anyways.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2009, 10:28:13 pm »

Wow and i thought i use to do stupid shi-... Mr. P all i said is that we where past the RVS (we where discussing the possibilities of alexhan being scum so lets not forget that topic) when RedWarrior tried to derail the discussion by going back to RVS, which i did not like, so i tried to remind him that we where busy, and to save it for tomorrow...

err guess i'm trying to say: i'm going to vote you to be lynched next day...
Back to Mafia with me!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2009, 10:31:10 pm »

Wow and i thought i use to do stupid shi-... Mr. P all i said is that we where past the RVS (we where discussing the possibilities of alexhan being scum so lets not forget that topic) when RedWarrior tried to derail the discussion by going back to RVS, which i did not like, so i tried to remind him that we where busy, and to save it for tomorrow...

err guess i'm trying to say: i'm going to vote you to be lynched next day...

And why would that be? No, you are not allowed to bandwagon like that. Everybody must state a reason for non-random votes. This isn't a rule or anything, but I know for a fact if you don't Alexhans will just ask you for a reason anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 60