Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66942 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #255 on: September 25, 2009, 03:38:44 pm »

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #256 on: September 25, 2009, 03:41:46 pm »

Quote from: Toonyman
Pandarsenic - Throwing Town off by being crazy (oh the irony) and lying about his known role, enough to raise some eyebrows.
Toonyman... You say that Pandarsenic lied about his known role... HOW?  Why didn't you say so before?
Is being crazy a scumtell?
Quote from: toony
Diakron - Actually I think he's doing really good this time around, with his nice posts, but they're giving off scum tells.
What scumtells?
Quote from: Toony
Mr.Person - Well, I am VOTING him right now, but I AM because he is being highly defensive.  SCUM TELL.  Number two on my list.
Keyword here is "BUT".   He says he is voting Mr.Person and says BUT... I have an excuse.  Dont blame me if I mislynch him.
Cheeetar - Cheeetar is good in my book this game.  Not aggressive enough though.
Why?

Toony... do you think that rushing things is scummy?  Like when Mr.Person voted for a day shortening?
--------------------
mmm... Meph gives that sort of laid back and mild feeling... But I thought it was his moderate personality.  Can anyone link me to both a Town Meph and a Scum Meph game?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2009, 03:45:33 pm »

That's a useless example, web. Can you point out any questions I've been asking people that are actually meaningless?

So far I've asked Mr.Person about his actions (which he eventually gave answers to) and asked the lurkers to actually show up and give us posts with substance to them. I fail to see how that's meaningless.

As for being laid-back...yeah. I usually am laid back day 1. Especially since we're in a much better position now then we were before Josh used his power.

I was going after Mr.Person, but I'm less inclined to think he's definitely scum at this point. No one else has given off huge scum-vibes except for our lurking population, and I'm trying to get them to speak some more so we can actually analyze what they're doing.

@Alex: Look at the Vote Mafias. I was town Round 1&2 and scum Round 3.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 25, 2009, 05:31:41 pm »

Hm. I guess I don't have this burning drive compelling me to read and write massive walls of text and analyze people based on their current behavior, future behavior and behavior in relation to current knowledge and other people's behavior. Instead I make hasty decisions based on hunches. Hee, I'm being a bad player. How amusing. Or not, if you take a freaking text game on the internet seriously enough to hold grudges, but I don't think you do. Do you?

Compare my behavior if you want. I was scum in Mind & Magic Mafia 2 and Ridiculous Mafia 2. I can't be bothered to do this analysis stuff.

But on to Meph's question. Why did I bandwagon Mr. Person? It's a question which I can't truly answer myself. I guess I didn't like his overzealousness. I mean, he seems like the most aggressive person in this game, well outpacing Alexhans. But maybe that's because I don't spend as much time poring over this thread like you guys?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 25, 2009, 05:39:12 pm »

Hm. I guess I don't have this burning drive compelling me to read and write massive walls of text and analyze people based on their current behavior, future behavior and behavior in relation to current knowledge and other people's behavior. Instead I make hasty decisions based on hunches. Hee, I'm being a bad player. How amusing. Or not, if you take a freaking text game on the internet seriously enough to hold grudges, but I don't think you do. Do you?

Compare my behavior if you want. I was scum in Mind & Magic Mafia 2 and Ridiculous Mafia 2. I can't be bothered to do this analysis stuff.

But on to Meph's question. Why did I bandwagon Mr. Person? It's a question which I can't truly answer myself. I guess I didn't like his overzealousness. I mean, he seems like the most aggressive person in this game, well outpacing Alexhans. But maybe that's because I don't spend as much time poring over this thread like you guys?

That's fine, just one small detail. Why, exactly, is aggressiveness scummy?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 25, 2009, 05:40:08 pm »

blah blah blah not serious blah blah

THIS IS SERIOUS BETWEEN THE LIFE AND DEATH OF US BOTH.

And yes, how is aggression scummy?!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 25, 2009, 05:48:12 pm »

That's fine, just one small detail. Why, exactly, is aggressiveness scummy?

Well, aggression isn't exactly scummy... How do I put this? Well, I really can't point to anything concrete. There's something about his style, especially early on, that just rubs me the wrong way.

Well. I have to stabilize my sleep patterns and it's almost eleven, so...
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 25, 2009, 06:07:28 pm »

Alright, smarty pants, then why were you voting me?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 25, 2009, 06:12:18 pm »

Mr. Super Defensive SCUM Man, that's why dude.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 25, 2009, 06:26:52 pm »

That's a useless example, web. Can you point out any questions I've been asking people that are actually meaningless?

So far I've asked Mr.Person about his actions (which he eventually gave answers to) and asked the lurkers to actually show up and give us posts with substance to them. I fail to see how that's meaningless.

As for being laid-back...yeah. I usually am laid back day 1. Especially since we're in a much better position now then we were before Josh used his power.

I was going after Mr.Person, but I'm less inclined to think he's definitely scum at this point. No one else has given off huge scum-vibes except for our lurking population, and I'm trying to get them to speak some more so we can actually analyze what they're doing.

@Alex: Look at the Vote Mafias. I was town Round 1&2 and scum Round 3.
You've also got this thing where you sound like a complete jerkface when you're scum. Kinda like chaoticjosh. I dunno what it is, it's kind of like an implied thing when I read your posts, and that's what I see.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2009, 06:29:22 pm »

Riiiiight, I defended myself, I MUST be scum! That makes perfect sense. Why is being defensive scummy?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 25, 2009, 06:49:37 pm »

Riiiiight, I defended myself, I MUST be scum! That makes perfect sense. Why is being defensive scummy?
Being overly defensive is scummy.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #267 on: September 25, 2009, 06:56:33 pm »

Vote Toonyman.   Stop ignoring my questions or Ill kill you.   >:(

Webadict... It really depends on how does one defend oneself and if one just defends or tries to scumhunt.

Boksi... PLEASE, don't try to derail the arguments.  You don't need to post lots of text to post content but you DO need to explain your hunches.  Surely SOMETHING triggers them.

Remember that you also bandwaggoned me after Toonyman voted for me without much explanation.  You were both times going for the seemengly "easy" lynches.
Quote from: boksi
Instead I make hasty decisions based on hunches. Hee, I'm being a bad player. How amusing. Or not, if you take a freaking text game on the internet seriously enough to hold grudges, but I don't think you do. Do you?
This is a poor attempt to attack people based on their habits or what?  You ARE in this game... You can enjoy it and still try to win.  Don't try to minimize the importance of it so as to get a free card to be anti-town.

If you don't post much or spend much time online... Post relevant stuff when you do. 

And that post could be seemed as agressive, you know...?  Should we lynch you for that?

Finally... Are you voting likely scum or just people who's playstyles you dislike?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 25, 2009, 07:09:07 pm »

Alright, alright, I'll read your posts for once.  Let's see...

Pandarsenic - Throwing Town off by being crazy (oh the irony) and lying about his known role, enough to raise some eyebrows.
Toonyman... You say that Pandarsenic lied about his known role... HOW?  Why didn't you say so before?
Is being crazy a scumtell?
Quote from: toony
Diakron - Actually I think he's doing really good this time around, with his nice posts, but they're giving off scum tells.
What scumtells?
Quote from: Toony
Mr.Person - Well, I am VOTING him right now, but I AM because he is being highly defensive.  SCUM TELL.  Number two on my list.
Keyword here is "BUT".   He says he is voting Mr.Person and says BUT... I have an excuse.  Dont blame me if I mislynch him.
Cheeetar - Cheeetar is good in my book this game.  Not aggressive enough though.
Why?

Toony... do you think that rushing things is scummy?  Like when Mr.Person voted for a day shortening?

Pandarsenic did lie about his known role, go back in this thread!  I have said before!

Diakron plays differently (like us all) and I generally see his posts as scummy, like being completely I don't even know weird.  I'm pretty sure it's just because we all act differently and he fits the bill for who I see as doing scummy behavior.  Unfortunately, he is usually town and doesn't mean any harm.

Hammer-kill Mr.Person anytime now.  I mean seriously, why do you think he's town so much, because I think he's scum?  :-P

Cheeetar is giving off town-vibes, perfectly reasonable (for now).  Rushing things is scummy, need time to think darn it!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 25, 2009, 07:51:05 pm »

He didn't lie about it. He simply phrased it in a poor way.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60