Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 173066 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #840 on: August 16, 2014, 07:12:51 pm »

Usefulness powers ACTIVATE, follow orders too
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 16, 2014, 11:43:01 pm »

Prepare Shotgun in case I need to be the hero.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 17, 2014, 07:49:53 am »

Stand well back and wach Morul open the door. Maintain dex bonus.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 17, 2014, 09:33:11 am »

Check where Faith's club is and take it. Send shockwaves in her direction, trying to avoid killing teammates while I keep my distance and move around in BT. If possible, destroy both of her legs using that method.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 17, 2014, 02:39:59 pm »

Activate rockets; get anyone not directly engaged with Faith out.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 17, 2014, 05:06:01 pm »

Charge Con Bonus, and prepare to fire all I have if enemy. If not, keep up guard at door
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #846 on: August 19, 2014, 01:15:25 pm »

"Faith has the keys, doesn't she. Well shit. Alright, I'm gonna try something. Everyone stand off to the side of the door, just in case they're waiting."

Wait until everyone with me is no longer standing directly in front of the door shoving the out of the way if necessary, then use my amp to remove the pins from the door's hinges. If it is heavily reinforced, just rip the damn thing down.
You yank the pins out of the hinges of the door and it  falls open, revealing a staircase up to the next floor.
Ahh fuck! My fucking arm! Cecil moans, quite loudly. He isn't quite sure how he feels, at least physically. He's pissed and a little scared, his whole arm is just... Gone.

Can I crawl the hell out of here? Or at least get behind something and stay hidden?
You drag yourself back behind the throne, leaving a bloody smear the whole way.

((I'm tempted to try a speech roll or to simply start punching my way through this diner, but let's not risk ruining this any more than it already is.))

While aiming at the basement hole, use my drone to look around the area Faith was last in, the place her signal cut off. Anything interesting around there? Any buildings?

"Faith has the keys, doesn't she. Well shit. Alright, I'm gonna try something. Everyone stand off to the side of the door, just in case they're waiting."

Wait until everyone with me is no longer standing directly in front of the door shoving the out of the way if necessary, then use my amp to remove the pins from the door's hinges.

((I think it's a heavily reinforced door, the kind of thing you'd find in a vault or bunker.))
The area where faith's signal cut off is within view of the radio telescope; an enormous concave concrete structure in the hills outside of town. There are a few buildings, old homes, near by.

Reload laser rifle.
You reload.

Charge Con Bonus, and prepare to fire all I have if enemy. If not, keep up guard at door
Stand well back and wach Morul open the door. Maintain dex bonus.
Prepare Shotgun in case I need to be the hero.
Usefulness powers ACTIVATE, follow orders too
Various kinds of waiting and preparing!

Seeing as NotFaith is pretty close to me right now, Use my mass amp to make a blast of force to punt her away from me. Don't skimp on the power, either. Like, try and gauge how much I'd need to punt her across the room, then try and double that. Make sure I'm not holding on to her when I make the blast.

Once she's away from me, if I still have brainpower left, use mass amp to hold her down so my teammates can more easily deal with her.

If the blast doesnt work and Faith starts attacking me again, use a really really powerful shockwave to just blast her away again, because I sure as hell ain't dyin' in no basement.

Your shockwave is less like the fist of an angry god and more like the stiff breeze of an apathetic superhuman breaking wind. You're not even sure if the thing controlling faith noticed it.

Check where Faith's club is and take it. Send shockwaves in her direction, trying to avoid killing teammates while I keep my distance and move around in BT. If possible, destroy both of her legs using that method.
Faith's Club is embedded in the wall farther down the tunnel, away from the ladder down and the cul-de-sac with all the machines. You run past her towards it, and she runs past you. As you tear the weapon out of the wall, she leaps toward Feyri.
Activate rockets; get anyone not directly engaged with Faith out.
Lets hope you roll well.

Feyri, seeing Faith's high speed charge towards her, leaps backwards and activates her rockets at the same time, literally spearing herself down the tunnel, straight into Auron, and taking them both at least a quarter mile away.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:28:03 am by piecewise »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 19, 2014, 01:23:12 pm »

Keep watching out for possible incoming military intervention.

How many levels/floors are there in that diner? Including the ground level, but not the basement.

((Gotta wonder how Faith is leaping with a single leg and arm :o

Also, is it Auron or Faith that Feyri took with her? ))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:59:26 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #848 on: August 19, 2014, 01:41:47 pm »

((Looks like I misremembered then.))

"Hey, Steve? Know anything about this place? Some history about this suburb? Was it built before the telescope or after? Anything interesting around here?"

((If the below is too much, just do as much as you find reasonable.))

Ask Steve.

What can I see on the Radio Telescope? Is it more like Arecebo (a stationary dish scanning one point of the sky) or can it move?
If it can move, would I say it's pointing roughly in the same direction as the dish on the roof?
Anything else interesting or strange about it? Strange men or helicopters flying around it? James Bond sliding in it?

Pilot the drone closer to the structures and see if they have anything identifying or anything interesting on them (like a sign or a flag) or near them (like a subway entrance or a monument).
Any sewer manholes I can see nearby?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 19, 2014, 01:52:14 pm »

((Disregard this post))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 02:04:48 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 19, 2014, 02:03:11 pm »

(( No mindfuckery, great.))

Feyri, shoot now.

Start sending amp cudgel shockwaves in Faith's direction, at my full speed and in BT, without hitting Feyri and other team mates. Try aiming for Faith's sides. Go after my sword's handle and put it back in the hilt. Avoid friendly fire.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 19, 2014, 03:05:52 pm »

"Follow up behind me, and shoot anyone that isn't us."

Raise my riot shield in front of me, and head up the stairs. If I see anyone upstairs that isn't part of my team, use my amp to decapitate them.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 19, 2014, 03:08:43 pm »

Be ready to fire laser rifle at faith again if needed.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 19, 2014, 05:09:41 pm »

Go upstairs with Morul. Flashbang whatever room / space is at the top of the stairs, before we enter. Use dex bonus to not mess up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 19, 2014, 05:37:43 pm »

Keep watching out for possible incoming military intervention.

((Gotta wonder how Faith is leaping with a single leg and arm :o

Also, is it Auron or Faith that Feyri took with her? ))
((I'm pretty concerned as to the current description of my vicinity too...))
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 72