Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 226325 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #1410 on: September 17, 2016, 09:22:37 pm »

For good measure i "accidentally" ran one of my Kamikaze drones into his prototype ship.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 18, 2016, 02:18:00 pm »

Could someone help explain why my conveyor tubes are still red? I have they have access to power and are fully built connecting two conveyors. Is there a limit to how long the tubes can be?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:19:32 pm by Micro102 »

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: September 18, 2016, 02:31:51 pm »

Could someone help explain why my conveyor tubes are still red? I have they have access to power and are fully built connecting two conveyors. Is there a limit to how long the tubes can be?

sometimes it doesn't update properly, then just waiting works. it could also be that the conveyor blocks do not belong to you or are switched off i think.

no maximum length that you could easily hit afaik, i have built some pretty long ones.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: September 19, 2016, 12:26:04 pm »

Depending on the power source, usually the problem is that a reactor powering the conveyor needs fuel from a container that is delivered via conveyor... but when that happens the whole station/ship is powered down anyway, which is probably not the case?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: September 19, 2016, 04:36:42 pm »

Depending on the power source, usually the problem is that a reactor powering the conveyor needs fuel from a container that is delivered via conveyor... but when that happens the whole station/ship is powered down anyway, which is probably not the case?

Yeah the connection is basically

R-C---------C

R = Reactor
- = conveyor tube
C = Conveyor

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: September 20, 2016, 01:54:55 am »

Wow I have encountered an annoying bug. That window that opens then you access inventory/controls/etc. randomly closes for me, and often. I have hard time accessing stuff and am randomly shooting my cargo boxes. Does anyone know why this is happening suddenly?
Well... last time something similar happent to me was because my keyboard was a tad dirty. Also i got one hell of a problem, sometime, and its not a joke K? Im dead serious, when my fridge complete its cooling cycle my keyboard randomly stop working for a few second and my tower sends me a peripheral disconnection sound.... I had that problem on a frakencomputer that i built using spare part and old part, barely compatible between themself, to a new bad ass computer that took my last peny.... i changed keyboard i changed everything for new and problem still exists...... Im starting to think my fridge is fighting my computer.....
Are you using a decent surge protected power strip or just a cheap shitty one?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: September 20, 2016, 02:02:32 pm »

Ok the multiplayer of this game is really starting to piss me off. I had the start from scratch multiple times because whenever you log off (or in most cases crash) your lander despawns and you have no medical bay to respawn to. Well I finally got my base set up and salvaged everything from my lander and was ready to log off, this time not losing the hydrogen bottles and other things I built. I put my stuff in a cargo container and then logoffcrash. I log back on later, aaaaaaaaand it's gone. So what is the point in playing this game on multiplayer of I will lose items even if they are in cargo containers???? How do people keep their stuff from disappearing!?

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: September 20, 2016, 02:36:25 pm »

Ok the multiplayer of this game is really starting to piss me off. I had the start from scratch multiple times because whenever you log off (or in most cases crash) your lander despawns and you have no medical bay to respawn to. Well I finally got my base set up and salvaged everything from my lander and was ready to log off, this time not losing the hydrogen bottles and other things I built. I put my stuff in a cargo container and then logoffcrash. I log back on later, aaaaaaaaand it's gone. So what is the point in playing this game on multiplayer of I will lose items even if they are in cargo containers???? How do people keep their stuff from disappearing!?
Merge your spawner into a station and they're usually permanent, could be that you run out of energy at the stuff you built?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: September 20, 2016, 03:17:11 pm »

Merge your spawner into a station and they're usually permanent, could be that you run out of energy at the stuff you built?
I already solved my spawner problem. Now I have the problem of losing my stuff (that is not on my person but rather what I have put into cargo) upon disconnecting.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:55:36 pm by Micro102 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1419 on: September 20, 2016, 03:23:57 pm »

As far as I know stuff in containers doesn't vanish when you log out. Either someone took it or you misplaced it. Item ownership isn't even tracked, only block ownership.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: September 20, 2016, 03:57:49 pm »

As far as I know stuff in containers doesn't vanish when you log out. Either someone took it or you misplaced it. Item ownership isn't even tracked, only block ownership.

I would of thought that too, if it wasn't that everything else I had was untouched and the only stuff I lost was stuff I put into cargo just before logging off. IE 4 tools 2 hydrogen and oxygen tanks and some ammo. If someone wanted to steal from me they could have taken more.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: September 21, 2016, 05:21:45 am »

Wow I have encountered an annoying bug. That window that opens then you access inventory/controls/etc. randomly closes for me, and often. I have hard time accessing stuff and am randomly shooting my cargo boxes. Does anyone know why this is happening suddenly?
Well... last time something similar happent to me was because my keyboard was a tad dirty. Also i got one hell of a problem, sometime, and its not a joke K? Im dead serious, when my fridge complete its cooling cycle my keyboard randomly stop working for a few second and my tower sends me a peripheral disconnection sound.... I had that problem on a frakencomputer that i built using spare part and old part, barely compatible between themself, to a new bad ass computer that took my last peny.... i changed keyboard i changed everything for new and problem still exists...... Im starting to think my fridge is fighting my computer.....
Are you using a decent surge protected power strip or just a cheap shitty one?
It doesnt affect anything exept my mouse, my power level monitoring software doesnt register high or low power spikes.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1422 on: September 21, 2016, 09:45:01 am »

There's pretty much only one way that a non RF emitting device can affect another, through faulty wiring.
I would initially suspect a grounding problem that's not enough to trip a GFCI, assuming you're on one.

An alternative way, though highly improbable, is that some component is failing is exactly the right/wrong way to cause it to become highly RF emitting.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: September 21, 2016, 10:43:36 pm »

There's pretty much only one way that a non RF emitting device can affect another, through faulty wiring.
I would initially suspect a grounding problem that's not enough to trip a GFCI, assuming you're on one.

An alternative way, though highly improbable, is that some component is failing is exactly the right/wrong way to cause it to become highly RF emitting.
I would go for that, its an old fridge, the only thing that did not change was my mouse, so i guess something is interfering with it, its not EVERY time, but sometime now. its much less frequent.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: September 22, 2016, 02:58:32 pm »

*sigh*

Conveyor tubes are still red. Tubes connected properly from one conveyor to another. One of the conveyors has another set of working tubes on it, so I know they are connected and powered (or at least should be getting power)

Is there some debug mode that will let me examine this?

EDIT: I FIXED IT!!! It turns out that conveyors won't work unless the structures they are connecting are also connected by other blocks. Seems like a very bad design choice.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:05:45 pm by Micro102 »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 114