Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 844315 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #1530 on: January 30, 2016, 12:24:52 pm »

More of a derp on the Gygax and Arneson's part
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: January 30, 2016, 01:03:58 pm »

To speak more seriously, new editions seem to be coming out more frequently and I think it's a cash grab. Plus the BS with 4e put me off of WoTC forever. 5e may very well be better than 4e, but then Castro was better than Stalin. It won't last anyway even if it is good; WoTC is a subsidiary of Hasboro and whenever Hasboro makes anything good they always do something later to ruin it.
I respect where you're coming from, but it's important to remember the context of 5e in its relationship to 4e. 4e was panned. Across the board. This, we can all agree on. It was a Hasbro cash grab. Then, they realized that people weren't interested in a tactical boardgame labeled D&D. So, 5e was the apology game. They reached out to players, and said, 'hey, what do you want D&D to be like?'

A lot of those people were likely primarily familiar with 4e, making their perspective inherently tainted
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 30, 2016, 01:13:02 pm »

I'd like to respond, but NullForceOmega admonished me the last time I got into an edition fight, and I'm not interested in a warning from the Toad. PMs?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 30, 2016, 01:27:06 pm »

I suppose I'll just drop it
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 31, 2016, 12:53:15 am »

22.) Gripping Gloves: These gloves provide a +1 resistance bonus to avoid being disarmed (faint transmutation; CL 3; Craft Wondrous Item, stick or resinous tar or mage hand; Price <100 gp)

23.) Semi-Wand: A wand that duplicates one, and only one, of the effects of the prestidigitation spell one time per charge. One such wand could clean items in a 1 foot cube with each charge, and another could flavor one pound of food per charge, and yet another one could conjure one cheap flimsy replica (that disappears after an hour) per charge, and still another could create little puffs of wind once per charge, and another could conjure faint low-quality sound; etc. None could do more than one of these things however. (faint aura varies by effect; CL 3; Craft Wand or Craft Rod Or Craft Wondrous Item, prestidigitation; Price ~19sp-37 gp [each can produce only about one tenth of the possible effects of prestidigitation, and can only invoke it a tiny fraction of the number of times])
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 31, 2016, 05:49:59 am »

22.) Gripping Gloves: These gloves provide a +1 resistance bonus to avoid being disarmed (faint transmutation; CL 3; Craft Wondrous Item, stick or resinous tar or mage hand; Price <100 gp)

23.) Semi-Wand: A wand that duplicates one, and only one, of the effects of the prestidigitation spell one time per charge. One such wand could clean items in a 1 foot cube with each charge, and another could flavor one pound of food per charge, and yet another one could conjure one cheap flimsy replica (that disappears after an hour) per charge, and still another could create little puffs of wind once per charge, and another could conjure faint low-quality sound; etc. None could do more than one of these things however. (faint aura varies by effect; CL 3; Craft Wand or Craft Rod Or Craft Wondrous Item, prestidigitation; Price ~19sp-37 gp [each can produce only about one tenth of the possible effects of prestidigitation, and can only invoke it a tiny fraction of the number of times])
Locked gauntlets cost 8gp and provide +10 to being disarmed.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: January 31, 2016, 09:25:03 am »

Wouldn't be the first time a pair of items with misaligned costs and benefits became a noob trap. Yeah, Glove of Storing and Glove of the Master Strategist, I'm looking at you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 31, 2016, 10:18:18 am »

Wouldn't be the first time a pair of items with misaligned costs and benefits became a noob trap. Yeah, Glove of Storing and Glove of the Master Strategist, I'm looking at you.

Which is odd because there are already gloves that are entirely mundane that make it nearly impossible to get disarmed. (And a TERRIBLE magic version that costs a ton for something that the game already does.)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 31, 2016, 10:32:41 am »

Which is odd because there are already gloves that are entirely mundane that make it nearly impossible to get disarmed. (And a TERRIBLE magic version that costs a ton for something that the game already does.)
Yeah, that's already been pointed out - the locked gauntlets that provide a +10 vs disarming.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 31, 2016, 10:33:27 am »

TBF the magic glove doesn't chain your hand together, so you could drop whatever's in your hand for something else when you needed.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 31, 2016, 10:35:39 am »

TBF the magic glove doesn't chain your hand together, so you could drop whatever's in your hand for something else when you needed.

Use your other hand.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 31, 2016, 10:43:20 am »

But what if your character is a hook-handed pirate who needs a wank right now:P

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 31, 2016, 10:45:42 am »

But what if your character is a hook-handed pirate who needs a wank right now:P

And the locked gauntlet isn't preferred because? : 3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 31, 2016, 12:27:18 pm »

Actually, it makes you wonder. If the locked gauntlet is so cheap and easy to make, why does anyone at all in most D&D settings have sub-par replacement hands/arms? Seems like they could make pretty good prostheses purely with smithcraft and mechanics, never mind magical stuff.

3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 31, 2016, 12:31:56 pm »

(And a TERRIBLE magic version that costs a ton for something that the game already does.)

You missed the "less than" sign. Meaning I've no idea what this would cost, all I know is it would definitely be Less Than 100 gp
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 623